2step - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2step
Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:01 AM
is it worth getting a 2step for cavy lss sport?

Re: 2step
Sunday, March 28, 2010 11:13 AM
If you have to ask then your answer is NO

Sunday, March 28, 2010 11:54 AM
but why ? everybody is saying its universal
Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:00 PM
why the @!#$ do you need one? just trying to look cool to the ricers on Friday night?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, March 29, 2010 2:35 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:why the @!#$ do you need one? just trying to look cool to the ricers on Friday night?

jesus @!#$ crist, why are you even here? i am so sick and tired of your BS ramblings. this guy asks a legitimate question and you drag him down for no @!#$ reason whatsoever. you have NO right.

you seriously need to step back and think before you post. almost 90% of your posts on JBO are nothing but negative CRAP.

get over yourself.

We all need somebody to believe in something...
Monday, March 29, 2010 7:18 AM
just thought i will find some opinion here. ....... 2step is a rev control , really usefull for drag racing ? am i right? .

all i wanted to find out is if its going to fit and if there is anything i need with it and stuff? guess i am not gonna find it here..
Monday, March 29, 2010 8:23 AM
Yes its so u can set a launch rpm that it limits it to in neutral and let it rev to redline when shifting down the trackl. My point is, if ur track is flat and u don't have a big high hp car, doint waste the money. Its not worth it for the weekend test and tuner

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, March 29, 2010 8:29 AM
z yaaaa wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:why the @!#$ do you need one? just trying to look cool to the ricers on Friday night?

jesus @!#$ crist, why are you even here? i am so sick and tired of your BS ramblings. this guy asks a legitimate question and you drag him down for no @!#$ reason whatsoever. you have NO right.

you seriously need to step back and think before you post. almost 90% of your posts on JBO are nothing but negative CRAP.

get over yourself.

says the guy ripping on someone for wanting the economy benefits of an intake without the sucking resonating sound

Monday, March 29, 2010 8:32 AM
One thing to keep in mind is GM says to replace the oil pump gears with the GM racing hardened gears when using a 2 step because the stock ones WILL eventually shatter.

Monday, March 29, 2010 8:38 AM
Stock ones hold up just fine........

wait for it.....

I believe these are Skunks.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 29, 2010 8:39 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Monday, March 29, 2010 8:49 AM
Yeah those are his. I remember when he broke them, he was driving down to Indy when they let go. He posted up on here about how the gears broke and he noticed something was wrong right away and shut it down to avoid further damage..... in an attempt to hide the fact that he drove with no oil pressure till the turbo was @!#$ up LOL

Monday, March 29, 2010 9:10 AM
now the word is you need the hardened oil pump gears if you plan on revving high at all... i think ill wait. if and when i need them, then ill give karo a call.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:57 AM
well i definitly know its for high hp cars , this is going to sound weird but my car is for show (no go lol) i am not investing as much into engine ( my hp project is a camaro 98 ) and this cavy is just for show , but i want it to sounds diffrent , with the 2step i could set the rpms to hmm lets say 3-4k rpms and it will sound somewhat diffrent and will turn some heads i know i am gnna get some b.s now that i am building a car just for show and all that......... other then that , you guys got any ideas what will make it look diffrent and sound diffrent?
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:26 AM
2 Step for show is fail...........

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:12 AM
dont tell me when you first time heard 2step in a car , and how it revs , you werent interested in it? it makes you wonder somehow , my car backfires and wiht rev control it will be a nice combo
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:26 AM

I think you should look at the poster before jumping on some ones @!#$....this guy is known for posting stupid ridiculous crap...................... and i thnk JL answered his thread correctly.

z yaaaa wrote:

get over yourself.

roofie wrote:well i definitly know its for high hp cars , this is going to sound weird but my car is for show (no go lol) i am not investing as much into engine ( my hp project is a camaro 98 ) and this cavy is just for show , but i want it to sounds diffrent , with the 2step i could set the rpms to hmm lets say 3-4k rpms and it will sound somewhat diffrent and will turn some heads i know i am gnna get some b.s now that i am building a car just for show and all that......... other then that , you guys got any ideas what will make it look diffrent and sound diffrent?

now think about it....he isnt building a @!#$ SHOW car he is building a parking lot pimping machine that will get laughed at for doing ricer flybys on friday nights

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:29 AM
How's that foot taste brad?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:41 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:now the word is you need the hardened oil pump gears if you plan on revving high at all... i think ill wait. if and when i need them, then ill give karo a call.

It's in the Ecotec build book.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:00 PM
Tinkles wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:now the word is you need the hardened oil pump gears if you plan on revving high at all... i think ill wait. if and when i need them, then ill give karo a call.

You can not argue that. I believe it is in ALL the Ecotec build books.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:05 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:How's that foot taste brad?

sure, i was wrong in the assumption that this guy was doing things the right way. but... that is irrelevant.

doesnt mean its right for you to be a negative asshole at every turn.

i was content with eating my words, but no, you had to open your big mouth about it, just like always.

We all need somebody to believe in something...

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:46 PM
Tinkles wrote:

well the motor i bought didnt follow the build book. ill be doing high rpm but not build book power. and according to the builder, the gears were not needed for the motor at its level.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:03 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Tinkles wrote:

well the motor i bought didnt follow the build book. ill be doing high rpm but not build book power. and according to the builder, the gears were not needed for the motor at its level.

last i heard you planned on taking the motor beyond what level it was at. id do it if i were you.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:22 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Tinkles wrote:

last i heard you planned on taking the motor beyond what level it was at. id do it if i were you.

aiming for 450 one or two times, then dialing it back to 350ish for daily driving. so no i wont be pushing it above the level its at. considering what todd said its rated to hold.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:17 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:How's that foot taste brad?

sure, i was wrong in the assumption that this guy was doing things the right way. but... that is irrelevant.

doesnt mean its right for you to be a negative asshole at every turn.

i was content with eating my words, but no, you had to open your big mouth about it, just like always.

You expect me not to be a smug ass hole at every opportunity? We clearly have not met haha. And yeah, I could see where he was going with this. If this was someone who seriously drag raced and had a need, I would have noticed in the way he asked his question. never would have jumped his bones. I felt this one out pretty good.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search