sport bike for sale $500 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sport bike for sale $500
Thursday, May 06, 2010 10:40 AM
for sale is my 1986 suzuki gs550ES for, the paint is white and blue 2 tone, it has 8200 original miles on it, bike runs and rides great-starts easy, the fairings have scuffs and cracks/the seat has small tears-normal wear and tear of a 25 year old bike. the bike is in great mechanical shape, i do a full visual inspection every time before i ride while the bike is warming up, the bike has been ran 2 times this spring so far. i myself have never put the bike down or into a slide.

its a DOHC 16-valve 572cc 4 cylinder tscc(twin scroll combustion chamber)engine with twin mikuni 32mm carbs and a 6 speed gearbox, specs: 480lbs weight / 67hp-28ftlbs / 27-39mpg / 12.8sec qtr mile at 122mph / top speed of 130-135 depending on weight. 5 setting adjustable preload rear strut, hydraulic assisted anit-dive front fork. the bike has new dunlop tires, battery, brake pads, clutch and chain were all installed last fall right before the bike got put away for winter. all fluids were changed also using silkolene products.

the bike comes with a extra rear rim and wide tire and a open face afx helmet. i was riding the bike in a "naked" state (no front fairings installed) for a more agressive look, the bike does come with a front fairing, turnsignals and wind screen. pics available

the clutch in my wifes car is about to go out, parts alone are going to be around $500 for the repair. otherwise i wouldnt be getting rid of the bike.
i had planned to do a full fairing and seat restoration this fall. ive had it for close to a year and have put 70 in-town miles on it in that time. i have $700-750 into this bike plus tires and parts.

it has to be gone soon so im looking for $500

bike is located in columbus nebraska, in my garage. available to see/test ride any time. cash or money order only. NO CHECKS, NO PAYMENTS, sold as is-no warranty.
any questions, or for more pics feel free to pm me.

Re: sport bike for sale $500
Monday, May 10, 2010 7:19 PM
Damn the distance from me to you.

Re: sport bike for sale $500
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:38 PM
Pics of the naked look?

Curious as I love me a stripped bike

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search