W41 cammed 96 z24 for sale - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
W41 cammed 96 z24 for sale
Thursday, June 17, 2010 12:22 AM
Mods

* 2000 2.4 motor
* rk sport 4-2-1 header
* custom catback aka the buddy club spec 2
* hptuned
* NVG T550 tranny
* spec stage 3 clutch
* fidenza lightweight flywheel
* 2.3ho manifold
* rc 320cc injectors
* 56mm tb
* aem alternator pulley with 365k5 belt to bypass ac
* TurboTech Raching upper motor mount
* lower motor mount
* W41 cams
* b&m short throw shifter
* TurboTech Racing polyurethane trans bushings
* team green lsd
* optima red top
* tein ss coilovers
* gm convertible strut bar

The car runs and drives great, gets amazing gas millage, better than before i started modding. The body has 220,000 miles, motor has just over 100k with a recent compression test done this week, numbers running 208, 206, 207, 208 respectively. Very strong motor and I only use Mobile 1 oil in it. Ill be uploading some fresh pics and vids tomorrow so you guys can hear the beast loping it really is badass. Since I am running the W41 cams I opted to do away with the power steering and I absolutely love it! It gives you a feeling that you are actually driving a car, you can feel the road. The car has full power everything, locks, windows, sunroof, keyless entry, full size spare tire, a lot of extras that make it a great car. I did end up removing the A/C from the car but thats why they created power windows and a sunroof.
Being the car has 220,000 miles on it, there are dings and dents, as well as scratches, the car could use a good buff job to bring back some luster. Also there has been some forming of rust under some paint on the quarters. All in all it is a good solid car with some great power backing it up, I'd love to keep it but I've got a new project to get done in time for the bash
The car is located in Bourbonnais, IL so if you would like to check it out please pm me with questions and your number.

Sadly my window to sell this car as it sits is very short, I will begin parting it next week and it will go back to completely stock so also i am taking offers on everything it has.

I whipped this together at 230 in the morning so bare with me, please pm me with any and all questions you may have.

Re: W41 cammed 96 z24 for sale
Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:24 AM
If you end up parting out, I am VERY interested in the transmission, trans mounts and motor mounts.
Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:53 AM
intreasted in the cams if a part out

what the new project please tell me its still Ld9

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:51 PM
Its an eco i think...

Thursday, June 17, 2010 9:38 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:Mods

* 2000 2.4 motor
* rk sport 4-2-1 header
* custom catback aka the buddy club spec 2
* hptuned
* NVG T550 tranny
* spec stage 3 clutch
* fidenza lightweight flywheel
* 2.3ho manifold
* rc 320cc injectors
* 56mm tb
* aem alternator pulley with 365k5 belt to bypass ac
* TurboTech Raching upper motor mount
* lower motor mount
* W41 cams
* b&m short throw shifter
* TurboTech Racing polyurethane trans bushings
* team green lsd
* optima red top
* tein ss coilovers
* gm convertible strut bar

Thursday, June 17, 2010 3:44 PM
If you're running the HO valve train I'd be interested in it.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:06 PM
pmd...lmk gary

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Friday, June 18, 2010 12:41 AM
Cody Star wrote:

what the new project please tell me its still Ld9

jmarks82 wrote:Its an eco i think...

yup the new project is an eco sadly ld9 is good but ive come up on some good stuff.

Transporter7220 wrote:If you're running the HO valve train I'd be interested in it.

sorry man i do have 2.3 springs and stuff but im too lazy to rip apart my head, not worth the hassle, if i do find another 2.3 head soon ill let you know.

Friday, June 18, 2010 3:42 AM
Alright, thanks man.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, June 18, 2010 3:26 PM
Is this the car? And did I miss a price ???

Friday, June 18, 2010 4:35 PM
yeah thats the car and the old exhaust setup that had tons of leaks. that right there makes the car sound like garbage imo. I didnt put a price cuz im looking for offers but its looking like i will be stripping it and selling it.

Friday, June 18, 2010 9:22 PM
Sorry Gary for posting that one. I thought I was helping lol.
Friday, June 18, 2010 11:30 PM
Dragracemyz24 wrote:Sorry Gary for posting that one. I thought I was helping lol.

haha no no its all good, im saying the car now sounds badass whereas that video it was ok. most people think that video sounds great but they should hear it now in person, just sitting in the drivers seat feeling and hearing it lope big smile

Saturday, June 19, 2010 7:07 AM
Take vids damnit!

I wanna hear what I have to look forward too

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search