Anyone near Omaha need car audio or welding? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone near Omaha need car audio or welding?
Thursday, July 08, 2010 7:36 PM
Well... I REALLY need cash right now, so figured I would toss an ad out to try and get more side work.

Anyone who's been on here knows about me and car audio, so that I don't need to explain much. I take a lot of pride in clean installs, and good tuning ability. Any advice you need, lemme know, need to buy things, lemme know. BUT most importantly(for my wallet lol), if you need a high quality install at a fair price from someone who CARES about the hobby/business, LET ME KNOW!

As for welding... right now I can only weld steel, but will take on any project that I believe I am able to do in my garage. I am hopefully getting a guy hooked up with new floor pans soon, aside from that no planned work.

I can't stress how much I need extra cash right now, so if you need anything, or have any questions of things I could do, talk to me. If a project is out of my league, or too much for my equipment, I will say so. Not looking to screw anyone or take on more than I can handle.

Thanks to anyone. Adios.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Re: Anyone near Omaha need car audio or welding?
Friday, July 09, 2010 9:39 AM
id like to see some of you're work before you touch my car. no offence to you whatsoever, its just the way i feel.

please provide pictures.

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Friday, July 09, 2010 1:01 PM
Hey Dustin... how comfortable are you with Car Alarm installs?

I'd give you money to help with my car alarm and a couple cases of beer too

Friday, July 09, 2010 6:45 PM
From what I hear in your NESS thread, it's a fairly complex and involved one lol. Audio is really my big thing, but I could take a look. Shoot me a model number so I can research it.

And Brad, you are always so up your own ass about cars, that even with a million pictures of the best work in the world, you wouldn't let anyone ever help or give you advice on modding your car, so what's the point?

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, July 09, 2010 6:47 PM
And if the kid dishing out almost $3K for his audio set up in his Mustang ever shows back up, it's actually planned to be a very detailed, slow, top notch and VERY well documented build. But he's been MIA for a while probably from some personal @!#$ he mentioned..

Aside from that, I just did a fully optioned out double din with all the bells and whistles, I could have the guy bring the truck back, but what good are pics of a head unit and some headrest monitors installed? lol. When I get done with his Supra, I will be sure to take pics though. I am REAL bad at taking progress pics. I enjoy the work, I do the work, I tune and listen. Customer is happy, I get paid. I forget the picture part of the process.

Friday, July 09, 2010 6:50 PM
And one more thing, as far as welding goes. It doesn't need to be automotive at all. If it is steel, I will do it. I have made some seat brackets, conjoined a pair of motorcycle gas tanks, and soon will be building a rack/seat setup for my welder lol. I also have custom bent, welded, and painted a couple neat, fairly simple hat racks. Sold one for $50 and kept one

Friday, July 09, 2010 7:26 PM
lol how did i know you would lash out at me for no good reason? thanks for once again proving just how much of an idiot you are.

i say no offence and you take it as though i tried slashing your throat.

and for the record, id still love to see proof that you are as good as you think you are.

Friday, July 09, 2010 7:44 PM
I am not taking offence to the things you say, just stating what I see time in and time out. Any time someone could give you advice(Like I tried once), you just say "nah I like what I have, what i've done, and know what I'm doing". You won't ever admit that someone might be able to HELP. God forbid someone having dedicated MORE than their entire adult life so far to learning and practicing a specific aspect of cars even HINT they they might know more than you and be EAGER to help... That's how you act. About everything. if it has to do with modding cars, you won't accept that someone else might know more.

Again, I will try and get pics of the upcoming builds and installs that I'm doing. I have no issue doing so. I don't think I have anything uploaded now. BTW, why don't you remind me how I am supposed to get pics of my tuning abilities... take a pic of the amp before and after the knobs and buttons have been adjusted?!

Friday, July 09, 2010 8:08 PM
Not to jump in the middle of this but Brad sometimes you simply have to give someone a chance and find out firsthand. I can see both sides of this. I finally gave a guy I have known for 3 yrs who claimed to be good at the audio installs build me a box for the Camaro. I had seen pics of all kinds of installs he had done. Even saw the end result of a few of the installs he had done and I still was not 100% convinced to let him touch my car. Even the 80,000 dollar Mercedees he had done work on that was in his possession did not convince me. He quoted me a dirt cheap price claimed to be able to do it in a matter of 2 hours easily. When I dropped the car off he said he had not built a box in 5 yrs. I gave him the wood, the carpet, and my car expecting the worse. Well 2 hrs later he sent me pics of the finished product and I could not have asked for better. He knew what he was doing and it was every bit as good as any well respected local shops work.

My point is that had I not given him the chance I would have never known. It does not matter what he showed me I would not have been convinced. The only way for him to convince me was that I had to take a chance and let him take a stab at it.

BTW I think even if Dustin hated you he would still do his very best to do a good job and prove his skills to you even if for no other reason than out of pride.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, July 09, 2010 8:20 PM
Yeah, and from what I saw, the box for the Camaro came out really nice .. I would def. have to see some work before I had someone do something on a car as nice as Brads..

I'm sure he knows what he is doing, and he could use the money, so id let him give it a shot if he had pics of his work..just to help him out.. As long as you dont let his abrasive personality dictate whether he is capable of the work or not.

Friday, July 09, 2010 8:22 PM
abrasive? awww come on man, I'm all hugs and sunshine, I swear! lol

Soooo... Karnage.... what's the budget, whats the goal, and when ya coming by? lol

Friday, July 09, 2010 8:25 PM
Ive made my trip to Indiana to Iowa for the week already, but I do need a box for a 13W6v2.. but im sure shipping would be a ton.. Otherwise id try to help out.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 12:48 AM
I outsource my wood work to someone who has skills with wood I could never fathom lol. I can get in touch with him if you give me more details. It can be as conservative or wild as you want. Believe me.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:11 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I am not taking offence to the things you say, just stating what I see time in and time out. Any time someone could give you advice(Like I tried once), you just say "nah I like what I have, what i've done, and know what I'm doing". You won't ever admit that someone might be able to HELP. God forbid someone having dedicated MORE than their entire adult life so far to learning and practicing a specific aspect of cars even HINT they they might know more than you and be EAGER to help... That's how you act. About everything. if it has to do with modding cars, you won't accept that someone else might know more.

Again, I will try and get pics of the upcoming builds and installs that I'm doing. I have no issue doing so. I don't think I have anything uploaded now. BTW, why don't you remind me how I am supposed to get pics of my tuning abilities... take a pic of the amp before and after the knobs and buttons have been adjusted?!

wtf ever man, i took what you said and ASKED about it. you dont believe me? you had better go back and read. i asked you to prove how it was better and you sat there and took offence to what i was asking of you and didnt provide @!#$. then lanman came in, explained it and i said ok, i will upgrade. at no point in that thread did i say you didnt know what you were talking about. after it was EXPLAINED (instead of just demanded right) i thought about it and it made sense.

i will admitt that im sure i have some to learn in audio, but... like you, i have been doing it a long time as well. could i do it professionally? nope but its good enough for my cars. i'll have someone else build me a box and custom trim pieces etc and install an alarm/remote start. pretty much everything else i can handle.

unfortunately like with most car things, audio is of no exception. most people have their own way of doing it and defend that way to the day they die. just because i have my way of doing something does not make it wrong. there is more than one way to skin a cat. same goes with you, i have yet to see any of you're work so how can i downplay anything you have done? i simply cannot and have not.

as for tuning, well.. thats another one of those everybody has their own taste in sound so what you do could sound completely off to me, and vice versa.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:06 AM
Tuning isn't ONLY about sound though Brad. This is not me being rude or talking down, but if you don't have a sense for it, experience, and the right ear, you could easily do it wrong and damage your amps or speakers. Nothing else you just said really requires a response from me, really.

And this is, again, not me being cocky, but just being honest and proud of myself... but "like you, I have been doing it a long time as well" actually kind of insults me, because unless you paid for schooling on electrical theory and 12v wiring, unless you have put in countless free hours at a local high end audio shop just for the experience, unless you have PAID for books and spent countless hours reading, learning, lurching :real: audio forums and just basically soaking in everything you can, and unless you have installed many things, ran many wires, and tuned many amps FOR FREE just for the learning experience and to better yourself at a hobby/profession that you are truly passionate about, you are now "like me". Sorry but when I put this kind of effort into something, and get dogged on, I do take offense to that. Especially when I am fairly certain the person dogging me doesn't have the desire, passion, and experience in that field that I do, but has the audacity to put himself on the same level as myself in a conversation like this.

I do this because I LOVE IT. Do I do free work like I did years ago, just for the experience? Hell no. But I also charge fair flat rate prices. Also, if someone came to me with a task that I am not 100% familiar with, but could do, they would get a huge discount because I look at it as schooling. If I can't answer all the questions, and be 100% confident that I can tackle it no problem, it's a learning experience. I know that you pay for schooling, and would never charge someone full price for something I would be learning along the way. BUT I can guarantee that the job would get the same care, time, and attention to detail as anything else that I do.

I'm done ranting, you done jumping my balls?

Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:49 PM
dear god everybody says i have issues with comprehension but i believe it is you who is wrong here.

please quote where i said i was 'up to your level'.

all i said was that, like you, i have been doing this for a long time. that does not imply that i think i could 'out school' you. maybe instead of all those audio books you say you have mastered than perhaps its time to delve into some english books?

i have helped plenty with stereo installs, and omgz, yes FOR FREE! (since its so awesome to charge your friends) /sarcasm

now, since you cant do box work for me and you also cant do an alarm install for me i think were pretty much done here, yes?

Saturday, July 10, 2010 7:26 PM
Who said I can't install an alarm? Like I said, Audio is my passion, but if it's running wires, I can do it. Just need to research is. Do I claim to know quite a bit after all the effort I have put into learning? You bet your ass. Am I not humble enough to admit that I read instructions? Hell no. And as far as box works go, I can take measurements and get things straight for my wood guy. Like I said, he is the ONLY person IN THIS COUNTRY for anywhere near his prices that I would ever trust. So if you ever want top quality work for the right price, let me know for sure.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:49 PM
Dustin did me good.

Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:21 PM
Bought a sub and amp for $40 yesterday, installing it in a pickup today for $180. Doing everything I can to save up for this damn car!

Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:57 PM
what kind of car?

Monday, August 02, 2010 7:48 PM
Who knows anymore.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:45 AM
What would you charge for an install, if I bought everything?
Tuesday, August 03, 2010 5:36 PM
It all depends, what is "everything" flat rate on installing each different type of item, discount for multiple amps since 1 power wire will be all I would need to run etc. Let me know exactly what items you want installed, and even if you want, throw me a budget and maybe I can help in selecting some higher quality gear that you might think you can't afford

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search