Selling: 1999 Alero Aluminum Control Arms with MOOG Balljoints! - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Selling: 1999 Alero Aluminum Control Arms with MOOG Balljoints!
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 5:24 PM
Selling Aluminum Control arms off a 1999 Alero with a pair of NEW Moog(K6527) Ball joints
Alright, I snagged these control arms off a 1999 Alero (with 48k on it) in a junkyard and was planning on using these. Ideas changed and decided to leave my car alone. These are unmodified but I already drilled out the factory rivets that held the old ball joints in but they still need the bushings removed. I messed with pressing one bushing out but didn't have a big enough bore and it just tore out the bushing as you can see. Should only need a hack saw to remove the metal ring and that one is done. Misnblu has a nice right up for removing the bushings
It has been found, you do not have to machine the ball joint ends and can use camber plates to correct the camber with pushing the wheels out further to get roughly 1/2" more track on each side. But you can also get these welded and modified the 1/2" back to factory j-body spec.

Asking $120+shipping. The ball joints alone are $80 A PIECE.

Photos here:

Any questions just ask

Re: Selling: 1999 Alero Aluminum Control Arms with MOOG Balljoints!
Sunday, July 11, 2010 10:14 AM
sold

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search