Possible Front End Swap??? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Possible Front End Swap???
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:54 PM
Hey guys. Im thinking of doing a front end swap. I know I can buy all the pieces but I figured i would post this up to see what happens. Im thinking either a 00-02 Sunfire, or a 03-05 Cavalier. I will be giving you my complete front end, and the aftermarket hood if you want it. If your car is white, and you want the 00-02 front end with fog lights and everything, then let me know, and we can do a trade. Ill even do all the work! Let me know!!!

Re: Possible Front End Swap???
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:01 PM
I SAY 03 ! i will next year or two.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:04 PM
Thats what i really want, and i know theres a ton of people out there that want the 00-02 front. I want the 03-05 bc its diffrent. Lol

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:09 PM
I personally like the 03-05 front ends.. not sure why but i do ...

So imma say DO ITT!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:11 PM
silver03cavii wrote:I personally like the 03-05 front ends.. not sure why but i do ...

So imma say DO ITT!!

I do too, when i first saw them I didnt like them much, but they have grown on me. This is why I put this out there. Ill find out if anyone wants too. If they do, great, if not, ill start getting prices, and piecing it together. Since i have a place here that sells new aftermarket OEM body parts. Ahh well, we will see.

Oh and damn you, u got my hopes up lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:12 PM

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:14 PM
pick n pull has 1/3 off this weekend !

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:17 PM
Yea, they def. grow on ya... when i first bought my car, one of the first things i wanted to do was a front end swap... but within a month or so... i started really liking it... and you also are able to have the LSS front bumper!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:21 PM
Not anymore by me. They use to have 1/2 off wednesdays but they stopped it when LKQ took over. Which sucked bc then i would be able to go and get a hood, front bumper, and headlights for less then 60 bucks. But since they dont im stuck looking elsewhere. This is one option. Pls finding a 03+ in a yard here in Chicago is pretty rare. I have found one sunfire 03+ vert at a yard around here, but the front was smashed crazy style, so it wasnt any good. But im going to start looking for sure now.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:29 PM
are you looking to get the lss bumpers? or stock?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:34 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Not anymore by me. They use to have 1/2 off wednesdays but they stopped it when LKQ took over. Which sucked bc then i would be able to go and get a hood, front bumper, and headlights for less then 60 bucks. But since they dont im stuck looking elsewhere. This is one option. Pls finding a 03+ in a yard here in Chicago is pretty rare. I have found one sunfire 03+ vert at a yard around here, but the front was smashed crazy style, so it wasnt any good. But im going to start looking for sure now.

i will bet for your white vert that it wasnt an 03+ droptop lol

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:39 PM
silver03cavii wrote:are you looking to get the lss bumpers? or stock?

I would like to since they have the foglights in them, but im just seeing whats out there right now.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:40 PM
azncav wrote:
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Not anymore by me. They use to have 1/2 off wednesdays but they stopped it when LKQ took over. Which sucked bc then i would be able to go and get a hood, front bumper, and headlights for less then 60 bucks. But since they dont im stuck looking elsewhere. This is one option. Pls finding a 03+ in a yard here in Chicago is pretty rare. I have found one sunfire 03+ vert at a yard around here, but the front was smashed crazy style, so it wasnt any good. But im going to start looking for sure now.

i will bet for your white vert that it wasnt an 03+ droptop lol

Your right, it was a 00, but your not getting my white vert but you can take my parts car hehehehee

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:44 PM
I can take a look for ya, if i go this weekend

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:56 PM
ok cool. yeah let me know!

Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:13 PM
Well, I did some looking around today, And altho I didnt make it to a junk yard, I called the place where they sell aftermarket OEM body parts, and they have almost everything i need. Here are the prices, and these are BRAND NEW: Headlights 35 ea, Front Bumper W/O foglights: 42.00, Hood: 65.00. Not too bad on the prices, only thing they didnt have was the damn spoiler. But this is a option especially if i wanna do this right. So all together im looking at 200.00 for everything, only problem i have is i really want the LSS front bumper bc of the foglights. But we shall see!

Friday, July 16, 2010 12:17 PM
I don't understand why the LSS front bumper is sooooo hard to come by. I see so many of them running around, you'd think they would have them everywhere for sale.
Friday, July 16, 2010 12:33 PM
i just did a front on my 98 cavi to an 03-05, and now im tossing the idea of swaping to a 00-02, let me know if interested we might be able to work something out

Friday, July 16, 2010 2:48 PM
Joviticus wrote:i just did a front on my 98 cavi to an 03-05, and now im tossing the idea of swaping to a 00-02, let me know if interested we might be able to work something out

Ya know what, let me know. Bc I really wanna do this. And I have already started pricing the stuff out to swap since its really only bumper, headlights, and hood. We maybe able to work something out. Since swapping parts arent that hard, and really only a about a couple hours at most. Only downside is that you live about 7 hours from me, damn. Well, lets talk, and see what we can do. Only thing i see being a problem is shipping stuff like the hood, and bumper. That will be the most expensive. But maybe we can figure something out.

Friday, July 16, 2010 8:13 PM
just meet at a walmart shapping center lol...

Friday, July 16, 2010 9:30 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
Joviticus wrote:i just did a front on my 98 cavi to an 03-05, and now im tossing the idea of swaping to a 00-02, let me know if interested we might be able to work something out

Ya know what, let me know. Bc I really wanna do this. And I have already started pricing the stuff out to swap since its really only bumper, headlights, and hood. We maybe able to work something out. Since swapping parts arent that hard, and really only a about a couple hours at most. Only downside is that you live about 7 hours from me, damn. Well, lets talk, and see what we can do. Only thing i see being a problem is shipping stuff like the hood, and bumper. That will be the most expensive. But maybe we can figure something out.

My car is a DD, so we would have to meet and do it at the same time.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 11:02 AM
Yeah mine too but we will figure something out.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:11 PM
we'll keep in touch, ill let you know the next time im heading south

Saturday, July 17, 2010 3:30 PM
Yeah no problem as long as it on a weekend I'm in. Now I just gotta figure out if I wanna go this route once and for all, and if ill be trading my stock from stock or what bc I have the aftermarket dual snorkal hood lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search