Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 26 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Monday, May 23, 2011 8:26 PM
I unfortunately will not be there since I was beaten to the punch on getting the day off. Oh well, can't plan for everything.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:15 AM
Just give the date and I'll try to work it into my schedule. I am looking forward to it!
John
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:53 AM
John- your more than welcome to come out to any of the meets we post up, if we didn't like meeting new people we wouldn't be posting it up for anyone to see. The more the better.
Mike you better be there, I agree with the Sac...down a beer your in the clear

and I can't embed vids here, and I'm too lazy to look up how to...so here is a vid to the new layout they had last time I went New track layout at MPGP

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:47 PM
I should be able to make it if we end up doing something on the fourth. I work that day but I get off at 2.

Dave

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:47 PM
Lol oh im good now. But last week was crappy for me. I had it bad. But its cool now. I just gotta make sure my funds are there to play with, since my custody battle and all. Oh which for the preimium members can look in AG and see a vid from the news of my ex being arrested , that was the hithlight of my week last week lol. But ill try to make it for karting.

John, u r more then welcome so come on out and hang out.

Eli and Travis, u two better be there too!

Jeff, come on now, it should take no longer then maybe 3 hours to pull that motor, trust me, i have lol. but word of advise, since ur car is manual, pull the trans with the.motor. Last time we pulled a eco with a manual and tried to leave the trans in, we ended up chipping the flywheel tooth, so pull it with the trans. Only downside to that is you aill have to bleed the clutch slave which in itself takes forever. Btw why r u pulling ur motor?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:02 PM
Mike, I'm not doubting my ability to pull the motor and trans out of my car. I've had the trans out 2 times for clutches on the silver one and had the trans out of the red car 4 times for clutches and a GTLSDI. My thing is I'll be needing my truck to get to and from work, while the motor is at the machine shope getting some lovin before I get it back in the silver car for the turbo build.....I'm still driving the silver car at the moment though. Forged slugs and rods are sitting here in my room along with my turbo manifold.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:13 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Mike, I'm not doubting my ability to pull the motor and trans out of my car. I've had the trans out 2 times for clutches on the silver one and had the trans out of the red car 4 times for clutches and a GTLSDI. My thing is I'll be needing my truck to get to and from work, while the motor is at the machine shope getting some lovin before I get it back in the silver car for the turbo build.....I'm still driving the silver car at the moment though. Forged slugs and rods are sitting here in my room along with my turbo manifold.

Lol, im just messing with ya bud! I know you can do it!!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:47 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Mike, I'm not doubting my ability to pull the motor and trans out of my car. I've had the trans out 2 times for clutches on the silver one and had the trans out of the red car 4 times for clutches and a GTLSDI. My thing is I'll be needing my truck to get to and from work, while the motor is at the machine shope getting some lovin before I get it back in the silver car for the turbo build.....I'm still driving the silver car at the moment though. Forged slugs and rods are sitting here in my room along with my turbo manifold.

So when are you hoping to have your turbo build done? What size turbo are you thinking about?

Dave

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:52 PM
I plan on driving to St. Luis and getting ryan to tune the car by end of the summer. I'm going with a T3/T4 57 or 60 trim @ 15-20psi. I'm looking for 375-400WHP AND i'll be happy

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:14 PM
^^ I have a darton block for cheap...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:57 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I plan on driving to St. Luis and getting ryan to tune the car by end of the summer. I'm going with a T3/T4 57 or 60 trim @ 15-20psi. I'm looking for 375-400WHP AND i'll be happy

easily doable on either trim turbo

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:41 PM
Damn, I just want my eco swap! Lol

Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:48 AM
Very nice man if I had the money I would use that exact same turbo, but Im slightly impatient and want boost sooner. Who knows tho one day once I have a second car then I could afford to build up my cav properly and go turbo but one project at a time tho I need to finish my supercharger plans lol.

Dave

Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:51 PM
I have a twin scroll s250 that's been sitting around for 3 or 4 years, but I've been promising myself a twin scroll s360 and I just pulled the trigger on one...so things should get pretty interesting by the end of this summer.

I have no signiture
Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:14 PM
Too bad you weren't 5 speed david- I'd be more than willing to sell you my kit and install evrything for you if you did

Sac-when do you plan on having your car ready for boost?

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:43 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Sac-when do you plan on having your car ready for boost?

I think you know the answer to that...

....when I learn how to weld

I have no signiture
Friday, May 27, 2011 7:59 AM
some people pic it up fast...my tig is rusty but I smaw at work on a semi regular basis and mig at home.

Friday, May 27, 2011 11:38 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Too bad you weren't 5 speed david- I'd be more than willing to sell you my kit and install evrything for you if you did

So what exactly on yours wont work with my auto? If and when you do decide to sell some stuff just lemme know.

Dave

Friday, May 27, 2011 5:12 PM
Seems that luck is on my side and I have been given the 4th off so I'll be able to attend. Just need to know exactly where we are headed for that Saturday.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Sunday, May 29, 2011 11:06 PM
Well, guys looks like i wont be able to make it this coming weekend. Just my damn luck I got hit saturday when a minivan decided he wanted my lane more then me, cut over on me and took out my front fender. So my money now is sucked up by the damn car. But ill keep you guys posted on what happens. The damamge isnt too bad, but its either i pay myself to get the car fixed which I can do myself, or claim it with the insurance and pay my 500 deductible, so I am not sure what to do at the moment. So im not sure if ill make it saturday. Ne ways, onto the pics.

Pass side damage from being pushed into the curb

front damage

Rim damage

side damage

Monday, May 30, 2011 7:35 AM
That's the worst excuse yet....

Sorry to hear, Mike. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I have no signiture

Monday, May 30, 2011 8:09 AM
Im sorry to hear that mike, hopefully you can get it all fixed up soon. It looks like your bumper didnt get a whole lot of damage on it so maybe just got to a junkyard and pull some fenders and a new headlight?

Dave

Monday, May 30, 2011 2:22 PM
can we get a re post on the time and date and location of the meet. im gonna try and make it out but im a busy man and do not want to search 26 pages for the info. ill have the W41 cammed cav, its for sale and ill be bringing some random parts to sell as well. ill try and come up with a list of the stuff ill be bringing as well the 95-99 toyota tails i have id be willing to trade and sell at the meet.

Monday, May 30, 2011 8:20 PM
June 4th at Melrose Park Indoor Grand Prix (I assume that's still the plan ). We haven't really established a time yet, though.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:19 AM
Whalesac wrote:That's the worst excuse yet....

Sorry to hear, Mike. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I wish it were a excuse!! I just gotta invest this money now to fix this thing. It wont cost alot at all, just now the money I did have for the meet, i wont have now. I may still be able to make it but im not sure. Get a time going on the meet, and Ill try and come out, and if its nice I maybe on the bike since I cant drive without a headlight lol. Either way ill keep ya guys posted. The car is very far from being totaled, and im not giving up on her just yet lol. Im actually more pissed that the wheels got damaged but I guess they can be repaired, i just gotta find someplace I can take all four of them too, and have them all refinished, so two wheels aren't whiter then the others lol. Either way, ill keep you guys posted on what happens. Hopefully I hear from his insurance soon and they can cut me a check and I can get my damn car fixed

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search