Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 28 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:22 PM
Myself and dave. Just got here at 3:15. Nice of ya to. Stick around Dark.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803

Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:27 PM
nice of ya to show up when you say your gonna

Saturday, June 04, 2011 7:15 PM
i got there around 4. i was busy workin on stuff beforehand and didnt get to leave at the time i wanted to.

was good meeting ya guys.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 8:36 PM
Yeah it was cool. Even tho it was small it was still fun. I'm def looking foreward to the next one!

Saturday, June 04, 2011 9:37 PM
Yeah, it may of been small, but it was fun. Maybe the next one could be around the 25th of this month or July 2nd?

Sunday, June 05, 2011 6:57 AM
good times

I have no signiture
Monday, June 06, 2011 3:23 PM
Yup

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 12:19 PM
I would think most people will have things going on the weekend of the 4th.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 5:27 PM
Yeah I do agree with DS on that one. I say we do it july 9th then maybe we can do a bbq in the day and go carting after dark, or go do something. How's everyone feel about that??

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 5:32 PM
Sounds like a plan to me.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 5:37 PM
And plus this gives us all over a month of planning ahead to get ready for this one. And not so last min like the last meet. Altho it was still fun and it was nice to meet gman and finally put a face to the screenname. Let's just hope some more people show up to this one, and I hope I'm actually ontime to this one lol.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:01 PM
works for me...

I have no signiture
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:31 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote: and I hope I'm actually ontime to this one lol.

I know this isnt dirrected towards my comments but let me clarify anyway, when I showed up and one person was there I left because I was thinking people weren't coming because of weather. I live down Higgins road and it rained for nsection of my short drive to Busse an there was severe thunderstorm warnings. I wasn't sticking around to wait to see if people were gonna show up with a thunderstorm brewing. If it started down pouring with lightning and that Balgarian fest thing scattered it would have taken an hour to get out of the lot.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:43 AM
Darkstars wrote:

I know this isnt dirrected towards my comments but let me clarify anyway, when I showed up and one person was there I left because I was thinking people weren't coming because of weather. I live down Higgins road and it rained for nsection of my short drive to Busse an there was severe thunderstorm warnings. I wasn't sticking around to wait to see if people were gonna show up with a thunderstorm brewing. If it started down pouring with lightning and that Balgarian fest thing scattered it would have taken an hour to get out of the lot.

Actually other than a few sprinkles, it was pretty clear at the spot. Most of the thunder was a off toward 72 and hell, Mike got caught in some hail as he made his way over.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 10:48 AM
make a new thread if you are going to have a meet. this thread is way old and makes no sense to have new meets in cuz I almost didnt even see the last meet. luckily i looked in there a few days prior to the meet cuz i was bored and i was like hmmm ok cool ill go

Friday, June 10, 2011 2:38 PM
Darkstars wrote:

No no no, it wasnt towards u in any way shape or form. I actually ment it as I hope I'm there on time. It just seems for me, that both of the last two meets I have been very late due to last min issues. Either with my car or just other things in general. And I understand why u didn't stick around. I would have left too bc of the storms. I actually was deally late because I got caught in freakin hail and jumped under a gas station canopy so it would not damage my car further. Luckily nothing happened but I wasn't taking a chance. If it wasn't for that I would have been there about 330. But either way, nobody was worried. We got out there, unknowing about that fest, and it actually turned into being hot as hell lol. But there will always be more meets for us to go too and for everyone to join and enjoy.

On a side note, ill create a new thread for the meet either today or tmo. This way everyone knows about it. It will be in this forum so no worries, and we can use this thread for hs to bs in. We gotta get the count up higher hahahaha.

Also I need some opionons (sp?). As you guys know my car had a little fender bender not long ago. And I'm tired of waiting on his insurance. So tmo I'm going to buy the parts to repair the car. But I'm going to ditch the body kit for the clean look. Now, here is where my dilema comes into play. Should I got back to the stock Z front with the 02 LSS Lip kit or just do the 03 front with the base front for now till I find a 03 LSS front. The kits will not go to waste tho since my girl wants to kit her car so they will be used but later on down the road. But I am just tired of scraping everytime I go over the huge ass speed bumps around my house and such. So I think its time to go clean instead of the bodykit for now. So what you guys think, complete 03 conversion or 02 LSS??. Either way the LSS will be on the car in complete but the 03 for now will only be the base front bumper till I find the other one. Thanks guys!

Saturday, June 11, 2011 6:40 AM
Haha yay for no more body kit!! For the 03 conversion Im guessing you would also use the sides and the rear as well? That lip set has always been my favorite but Im slightly biased. However I do like the 02 lip kit quite a bit and no one in our little circle has that. So I say if you want to be different go with the 02 but if you want to blend in with us go with the 03

Also on a side note for this thread we could also use it post updates on our cars and what not....and of course the typical bs'n around.

Dave

Saturday, June 11, 2011 11:15 AM
Mike- I'd vote for the 03+ because we don't have any swapped verts running that around here... I can see 00-02 front end verts running around from time to time since they were made up till 2000 correct?

Saturday, June 11, 2011 12:31 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Mike- I'd vote for the 03+ because we don't have any swapped verts running that around here... I can see 00-02 front end verts running around from time to time since they were made up till 2000 correct?

Ooooh thats right idk why but I spaced on him having a vert. Now the 03 would be pretty slick on a vert.....

Dave

Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:13 AM
Nice seeing Dave again,

I sold him some parts.

RK sport upper & RK sport K brace. $80

Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:33 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Mike- I'd vote for the 03+ because we don't have any swapped verts running that around here... I can see 00-02 front end verts running around from time to time since they were made up till 2000 correct?

You sir are correct. They only went up to 2000. Plus my girl has a stock 00 Z Vert so its not so bad. Both of our cars are sorta rare since there the 00's. Well, I also figured I would update you guys too. I went ahead and went with the 03 front end, and I have to say, even with a stock bumper, I love it. All I need is the bowtie plastic emblem that goes across the top of the front bumper. I dont have that yet. But for now, its 100 times better then I thought it would look like. Its a base bumper, but it just looks killer. I was expecting it to look kinda mediocre and not fit right or anything, but it fit great. I even have Macktruck's headlights on the car (I did the headlight restore, and holy cow, they came out alot better, not perfect but still alot better then they were when they were on his car). So I also pulled the one side skirt that I still had on the car. I removed the rear bumper and installed the stock rear bumper, and I am getting ready to fit the lip on the rear bumper I got from Bronzecavi. I also found my old Cavalier LSS's side skirts that I am gonna throw onto this car after I paint them white. So I have the sideskirts and the rear lip and all ill need is the front bumper. But for now, im very very pleased with the way the car came out. Ill try and get some pics of it in the daytime and put it up. I do still have the double stick tape on the body on both sides, but ill take that off later on, since today I just wore myself out and called it a night. So thanks guys for the input and Im happy I went with this front. I am also happy that I can stay low, and NOW scrape my damn bumper over everything I come across.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:54 PM
Grrrr.... now I'm wanting my lights back. *Shakes fist in mock rage.*

Anyway man, nice to hear and it would be interesting to see the whole LSS deal on your vert.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:59 PM
macktruck84 wrote:Grrrr.... now I'm wanting my lights back. *Shakes fist in mock rage.*

Anyway man, nice to hear and it would be interesting to see the whole LSS deal on your vert.

Trust me, it took a long time to get them to come out even a little better then they were. The passenger side was sooooo bad I litereally spent about a hour and a half working on the headlights.

Monday, June 13, 2011 12:02 AM
At least SOMEONE got around to doing something about it. It would all look killer on your vert and yeah, had to reaim the lights and found I got to secure them a bit more. It's funny to see the beams bounce over some of the bumps. And I think I know of a way I'm going to do so.

Monday, June 13, 2011 12:24 AM
Yeah remember your one passenger light dont have the clip nomore for the set you gave me, so I have a nut/bolt in there pushing the light up and closing some of the gap and leveling out the light somewhat. So not too bad.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search