Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 57 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:28 PM
Ill be there.

Dave

Saturday, August 24, 2013 9:03 PM
well, I wont be able to make it. I dont have the motor.in the car yet, and I still need to cut the exhaust off the parts car, and mate the auto to the other motor, and seperate the other motor from the five speed trans. so I still have a ton of work left. plus on friday, Idamaged the flex joint on my sc'd j so that sounds like a damn airplane. so I cant drive that one alot. so I wont be there. sorry guys. bit hopfully its a decent turn out!! and John, I wont be able to get that harness bc the car has to be gone tmo afternoon and I gotta atleast get the motor into my other car. plus I have no clue what harness ur talking abt. Lol.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 10:21 PM
Well it looks like my car is definitely not going to make it. It took way to long to get parts. Although I am thinking about taking the motorcycle out. Is that alright with everyone? I donno, random guy showing up on a bike to a car meet... weird. And he can't bring a dish to pass... thats just rude! Lol.

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." -Henry Ford

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3817973/1996-chevrolet-cavalier/
Sunday, August 25, 2013 9:25 AM
Buddy Fugman wrote:Well it looks like my car is definitely not going to make it. It took way to long to get parts. Although I am thinking about taking the motorcycle out. Is that alright with everyone? I donno, random guy showing up on a bike to a car meet... weird. And he can't bring a dish to pass... thats just rude! Lol.

It is cool Buddy we've had people show up in other things other than J-bodies from bikes to trucks to other cars.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:53 PM
Im on my way now
Monday, August 26, 2013 5:17 PM
so I figured iI would ask here, does anyone have a aftermarket header for a eco they arent using and want to sell?? I need one for my sc'd j. let me know guys, thanks!!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:47 PM
Just tossing this out there Mike if you don't find a deal on a header a stocksj manifold has a 2.5 collector and rare5spd should have a link to where to get a matching flange for it to make a down pipe. We did this to his car before selling the kit to David Fairhusrt.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:52 PM
Yea thats what I was telling Mike at the show on Tuesday. Btw Mike this is the BadMab header I was talking about, it is also much cheaper than I thought as well. Everything I've read from Cobalt guys is that it is better than the Pacesetter one. Linky. Btw Jeff I hope to get the rest of my AN stuff soon, just waiting to see if a buddy of mine is going to buy one of my many rc cars off me.

Dave

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:05 PM
I want now lol. ill be ordering this friday then, and im wondering if a exhaust shop would have that flange. and 12-14hp gain from a header alone is nuts. now which one would I order, they have three diffrent ones, I know not the 2.4 but which of the other two?? or would it not.matter at all at that point?

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:04 AM
Oh and if you can get that site where I can buy that flange it would be great, I need to price this stuff out so I can make sure I can afoord all this friday lol I want my car to stop sounding like a damn airplane. Plus with the broken header, its running pig rich, I burnt a quarter tank of gas going from Melrose Park to Chicago and Cicero ave. So I know its hurting the way she drives, plus the noise is sickening lol. I might also buy the solid mount from the guy that is posting in the other thread, the RKS solid mount, 36k miles on it, for 50 bucks, how does that sound???

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:07 AM
I was going to say to you should buy that RK mount from the guy as well lol. I'm not sure exactly what one you would need, I know Priggen had an issue with the BadMab, heres a link to the thread. So I'm not sure, maybe contact BadMab and see what exactly the difference between the LSJ and L61 one is.

Dave

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:36 AM
See, now that worries me. There saying you cant use the BADMAB header for the LSJ without doing some serious modifications. If thats the case, Im not trying to do all that, and the pacesetter LSJ header is suppose to bolt right up with no heavy mods, except the DP which im fine with since it needs to be fixed anyway. I shot Aaron at TTR a msg, and ill see what he says. BADMAB seems to be a issue with them fitting on our cars since there shorty headers.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:43 AM
Very true. I wonder if priggen got the one for the 2.0 or the 2.2. I'd imagine the 2.2 *should* work since the L61 was used in the cobalts, I just don't know if they changed the thermostat location on em. My brother has a cobalt with the L61 so when he comes home from school on Friday I'll compare his vs mine and see if I notice anything.

Dave

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:17 PM
yeah that's what has me worried. so instead of trying and not being sure I emailed Aaron arty Ttr and he said the pacesetter for the lsj would work no problem just got to modify the DP which o knew. so ill go with that first instead of something you can't really get a straight answer on lol

Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:22 PM
This is true, but the badmab one is without a doubt better. It just sucks knowing it may or may not work. Found this thread on a random cobalt site that has comparison pics of a stock L61 manifold and the badmab for the L61. Link. From the pics it looks like the 2.2 one would work but its hard to tell.

Dave

Friday, September 06, 2013 4:55 PM
Looking for a used ecotec. Must run.

Friday, September 06, 2013 4:59 PM
I have one. but not sure how good it will run as I was able to keep it running for ask of the second before it would die out. but it did run. make me a offer. also have good getrag 4 speed and a ton of extra parts for a manual.

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:26 AM
well, i pulled the trigger today and ordered the pacesetter header for the LSJ. But instead of ordering it from TTR, which was 184 plus shipping, I went to ebay and found it for 146 w/ free shipping. Not trying to not order from him, but I am also not rich lol. And 40 bucks is 40 more bucks in my pocket that I can use at the muffler shop to have the exhaust fixed lol. I also am in the home stretch for fixing my other LSS. New head is on, timing chain, guides, tensioner, new cover gasket, and the header is on. I just got to put the acesories back on and the intake manifold, do a oil change, and fill with coolant, and she should fire once I fix the harness (three wires were rubbed thru under the air box of my parts car, so I just got to splice those back together). And hopefully she will run great!! I am so exiceted to have both my LSS's fixed and running! Hehehe

Friday, September 13, 2013 10:04 AM
The pacesetter is the same one I used. It is a very good choice indeed.
Monday, September 16, 2013 8:34 AM
It will still be slow mike....

Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:57 AM
Hahaha, nice Cheesecake. Butthead!! Well, after working on my other LSS for almost two weeks, she runs!!!!! But I have a bad BCM so that was the issue with the headlights/doorlock/wipers. I did a crap ton of wire tracing yesterday and it all leads right back to the BCM. So I need one now. I will work on that at another time. For now I can still drive the car with no issues, just at night I have to drive with my drl's on and if it rains, im screwed! Hahaha. Maybe next month ill purchase the bcm and have it programmed at a dealership to my car so I can have it all fixed lol. But shes alive! Next week I work on my SC'd J since I recieved the header in tuesday but my other LSS was taking up my time. I will have my SC'd car back on the road next week garunteed. This weekend im taking off from working on cars lol.

Sunday, September 29, 2013 3:05 PM
wheres everyone at????

Sunday, September 29, 2013 4:28 PM
At home playing call of duty....worked on the Dakota this afternoon....and the cav

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:54 PM
Were here still. Just sitting back in the wings haha. On a side note, scd cavi is fixed, and auto cavi's bcm is in. Got a killer deal for 20 shipped from ebay BRAND NEW!!! So I grabbed it. Just need to get it to the dealer for programming aftter the 200 exhaust gets done. One thing at a time. Also, anyone have a solid upper motor mount for sale, I have moola. I need one for my car the scd one. The guys who's thread is in this forum isn't answering my text so idk.

Thursday, October 03, 2013 9:00 PM
Does anyone have a extra washer fluid resevior laying around. I need one for the beater.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search