Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 236 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Monday, November 29, 2010 12:19 PM
LOL Vanessa would not even approve unless it is a 6spd. True story. It has to be a 6.0 and 6spd so that automatically rules out all 2004 GTO's

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, November 29, 2010 1:53 PM
Mmmm sex!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, November 29, 2010 1:57 PM
Monday, November 29, 2010 7:20 PM
blue... definitely the blue.

yellow is fugly

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:33 AM
the yellow has alot less miles

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:30 AM
I like the blue color and I like the blue interior. I also like the ones with the same interior that are red. Vanessa does not though. She says it is too much. Too me I don't really care either way on the interior. I'm not even picky on the exterior color. We are both kind of fond of the sunburnt orange color though.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:21 PM
This GTO sounds exactly like my cav did!

GTO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwYPbt1MCoA&feature=related

Cav

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 11:36 PM
Well not sure how it happened, but my ring and pinion is fried...

Spent some time tonight at the shop replacing the half shafts, wheel bearings and replacing the transmission fluid. Dropped the pan only to find chunks...

Pretty sure at this point that it's the ring and pinion that's been making my growling/whining noise.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 4:54 AM
^^ why dood that sucks. ive always heard bad things about balt ss tranny's... never anything about base model's tho....

anybody have anything to input about a pontiac montana van? were looking at finally getting one. there is a version called the "thunder" that i would like to get, around the 02-03 model year IIRC. it comes with all leather, fully loaded, dvd, etc. and with it being older its gonna be a lot cheaper.

dont really care, even if its got 100k it'd still be one hell of an improvement over our grand prix. we think that its finally on its way out, has trouble keeping coolant and often has a bouncing temp gauge so prolly a frickin blown head gasket. its mysteriously lost coolant for years now, but lately it seems to be getting worse.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 9:22 AM
Here's a pic I grabbed out the tranny pic.

Brad, We always had Caravans growing up with our family of 6 and they weren't that great. The dealer drove me home once in a pontaic van looking thing and it was pretty decent.
As far as mechanically, I got nothing about them.. Never had to look into buying a van yet myself

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 9:41 PM
Yeah Brad those Montanas are great vehicles. Get the Montana Thunder with AWD!

Thursday, December 09, 2010 9:46 AM
hmm nice finds trevor. looking more into the 03's though... i like the interiors better plus they come with the DVD package.

$6000 for an 02 with 130k is outrageous LOL im looking at an 03 with 109k, full loaded and the guy wants $5800.

Thursday, December 09, 2010 11:09 AM
These are also the Extended versions with AWD. But I see what you mean.
Thursday, December 09, 2010 11:13 AM
who knows if i can even get this one, the bank said only $4500 for it so unless the guy comes down quite a bit or i win the lottery it aint happening anyway.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:04 PM
wow... @!#$ this weather. took my 30 mins to drive from sgt bluff to salix!

Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:35 PM
well the weather isnt to bad but im glad i didnt go to demoines last night

Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:19 PM
isnt too bad?! have you not looked outside lately? mel and the kids are trappped at my sisters right now, must be pretty bad, no?

Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:07 PM
well i got back about a hour ago from Paul and Hopes house stayed since fri night lol

MP-62 Intercooled 2.9" Pulley
Monday, December 13, 2010 3:48 PM
SUUUUHWEET!!!!! what a @!#$ty day, however... it got better! so get this story, girls....

mel takes beretta to work at 4:30 am (yes i said am) and oddly it overheats, something it never does. well... some moron re-filled the radiator with water, not antifreeze and long story short, the engine was a big ice cube. LUCKILY for us it didnt push a soft plug out and make my day even worse. my dad went and picked her up and got her to work.

next issue...

we've been having troubles with the grand prix left and right. leaking antifreeze, burning it, eating it, whatever... its got major cooling issues. so i dont have a choice, gotta get the kids to school. it doesnt overheat too badly but the temp gauge cant make up its mind at where it wants to be, up and down, up and down. i get the kids to school, turn the car off to walk them in and go to drive around.. NO START, DEAD @!#$ BATTERY. wudnthefawk?!!?!? so, again.. my dad saves the day and comes to give me a jump. i got it out to the shop where i proceeded to dump gasoline over it and lit a match.. oh wait.. thats what i wanted to do. i parked it.

so, we head up to where the beretta died with some antifreeze, filled it up, got it running no big deal, it was fine. got my running done and said F this, we need a car im going to find one NOW. very first place i tried, ideal wheels @ on gordon drive. i see a nice grey suburban that caught my eye, it had 170k and im sure it sucks gas bigtime so i said pass. looked and saw a @!#$ty brown brevada that would have worked but the color made me wanna barf so im like whatever, this place sucks my ass and proceeded out the parking lot. i looked left to see for traffic and wtf do i see?! a god damn MINT MINT MINT 2003 INDIGO BLUE pontiac montana THUNDER edition staring right at me. and im talking MINT here guys, its fawking beautiful. while i was drooling and thinking omfg how the hell did this happen? the guy comes up and throws me the keys, "take it for a drive" he says. so i do.. and wow, what a vehicle, it gets around in the snow so well!

price was marked at $6895, knowing the bank would only loan us $4500 for that POS in ohio i cringed and thought to myself damn it, so close but too much money. but, called the bank, they ran the new mileage and better condition and it allowed for $5500. banker said.. well... go see what you can get knocked off and we'll work something out.

so, i go talk to him... he says well... $6500 is as low as i can go. i said ok, let me get with the bank and ill get back to ya.

and thats where were at, i filled out the credit app deal and faxed it over today. he said call in the morning to set up a time to sign the papers.

so... HOLY BALLS!!! I FOUND THE ONE I WANTED HERE IN SUCKS CITY!!!!!! how the? idk... but god its mint and i cant fawking wait to not have to @!#$ worry about melody breaking down (today was the 4th at like 5am this past week).

what a nightmare these two cars hace become. at this point, i wanna drive them both off a cliff. burn in hell you 95 pos's!!!!!!!

ok, done. sorry for the exitment LOL. (no i didnt just take crack, trevor

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:40 PM
welp we got the van! we both love it LOL so much nicer than that pos grand prix lemme tell ya.

but, were gonna pay for the bastard to.. 3 years of broke LOL

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:51 PM
congrats brad

Friday, December 17, 2010 6:11 AM
Congrats Brad! Do you have a few pics you can toss up?

Friday, December 17, 2010 4:01 PM
The thing is beautiful! As far as minivans are concerned, I have always been a fan of the Montana, especially the Thunder package. Good find Brad!
Saturday, December 18, 2010 11:38 PM
wow....guess i shoulda been on here before i just bought that pos grand prix huh? well half bought lol oh well rather @!#$ with overheating probs than a beretta tranny or axles and transfer case in my blazer too cold to lay on the ground. Oh yeah i forgot the front doors dont open from the outside right as i locked the car. The back seat is now @!#$ haha.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search