Anyone near Roscoe, Illinois? Need ur help... - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone near Roscoe, Illinois? Need ur help...
Wednesday, December 08, 2010 3:09 PM
hey guys just wondering if anybody is near roscoe, il? if you have the time i was hoping someone could go look over a vehicle i am interested in. its an 03 pontiac montana minivan.

would basically request a test drive and a good look over. prefer someone that knows cars very well and what to look for as far as negatives go.

ad is on craigslist... http://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/2098920486.html

let me know!

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing

Re: Anyone near Roscoe, Illinois? Need ur help...
Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:56 PM
where is roscoe?

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:59 PM
near rockford i believe.

Thursday, December 09, 2010 6:33 PM
ah.... too far for me bud, sorry

Thursday, December 09, 2010 7:32 PM
no worries, it dropped off craigslist so i think he may have sold it.

Friday, December 10, 2010 12:46 AM
It's still there. Looks nice, but no disclosure of mileage, and I thought all Thunder packages came with chrome wheels, not steelies with hubcaps.
Friday, December 10, 2010 5:26 AM
ok hmmm well it was gone last night when i looked.

and yes, good eye trevor, i asked him that first the other day LOL. he said the stock wheels had issues with rusting on the lips or some BS and wouldnt hold air so he ditched them.

but here's the best part, i talked to him last night after he send me some more pics. which i might add showed the RUST in the ROCKER PANELS. (not the "doors" like he claimed). told him id do $4500 and hes like um... this thing is worth way more. so i said well id try to come up with the difference and said goodbye. so there goes that deal. no way im paying $6000 for a rusted out, 110,000 mile van that doesnt have the stock wheels. no way in hell.

stupid used car dealers, and after all the BS ive had with them in the past i vowed id never deal with another one ever again. and this deal just cemented why even further.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, December 10, 2010 5:29 AM

Friday, December 10, 2010 9:59 AM
Screw all that. Some of these people seem to think that their used, high mileage vehicles frames are made with gold or something. No sir, your HVAC knobs are not encrusted with diamonds. I think $4,500 is more than fair. But alas, some idiot out there will more than likely give him asking price. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.
Friday, December 10, 2010 5:43 PM
It prolly was a buy here/pay here place too. Someone will go in and buy it at that price, and be lucky to make it home. If it does turn out to be a good van, then oh well, but either way, some parts of the story just dont add up. Some of the buy here/pay here places are pretty good dealers. I know, I have delt with 3 and all of which I ended up with decent cars, and would do buisness with them again if need be. But some are just shady. This goes to show how shady some of them are......

Monday, December 13, 2010 12:28 PM
wow 6000? lol those things go for like 1000 up here in canada eh!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search