03+ Stock Parts Wanted - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03+ Stock Parts Wanted
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:27 AM
Posting this for a friend of mine that nailed a deer. Looking for stock front bumper 03+ base, ls doesn't matter. Also a hood. Preferably black and cheap. If anyone has something laying around they want to get rid of let me know.

Thanks

Re: 03+ Stock Parts Wanted
Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:51 PM
I have a hook up at a local new aftermarket parts dealer. I got one member a base bumper, hood, and IIRC a set of fenders for just at or a tiny bit above 100 bucks. Only catch is you have to drive to Chicago, and go with me there so we can pick them up.

Edit: Also forgot to add, the Pick N Pull in Summit (according to there website) has about 3 or 4 03+ cavaliers. That might also be worth looking into. Hope this helps!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:54 PM

Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:22 AM
I know about the pick n pulls but I can't get there before 5 and neither can he. Would be interested if you could grab a price for the hood and bumper. That wouldn't be a problem to meet you either, he's got a work van and well probably within 45 min of where ever it could be.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:39 PM
Ok, Ill get the number from my buddy again, I got a new phone and the number didnt save on my sim card. Ill have to find out monday for ya tho. I know the place is on 19th and Cicero here in the city. And the best times for us to meet up would either be in the mourning mon-fri or on saturday anytime. Since I work Mon-Fri at 3. Ill get you some prices Monday, and ill post here when I pm them to ya!

Edit: I looked up a older post from a guy here I helped get some 03 parts for, and the bumper cover was 30 plus tax, and when I was thinking about doing the front end swap on my car, IIRC the hood was around 50-60. But again, Ill double check for ya.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:46 PM

Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:46 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:I know the place is on 19th and Cicero here in the city. anytime. Since I work Mon-Fri at 3. Ill get you some prices Monday, and ill post here when I

Wear your bullet proof vest and good running shoes!

Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:47 PM
Naaa, the part its at actually isnt the "bad" part. its just on the outskirts of the bad area. I have been there a few times, and never had any issues. Lol

Monday, December 27, 2010 7:11 AM
Yea that sounds good let me know. He's got some cords holding up his bumper and the hood is pounded to piss to allow it to close lol. So yea he needs some parts bad.

Thanks

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:00 PM
IDASC i got the prices for you. the hood is 62 and the bumper is 30 and its all plus tax so your looking at just over 100 bucks for both. Hope this helps. if you wanns get them, ill have to takeep you since there giving it to me in my job discount. Lmk!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:09 PM
Sounds great he said he will take them. Are these parts new?

we can go with you to pick them up on the weekends (I will only have one open weekend this month, bros wedding one and a bachelor party another). So he might need to go on his own or wait. Let me know what works.

Thanks again for the help.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:05 PM
Any weekend (obviously except this one) is a good weekend. Saturdays are the only days there open. And either one can go doesnt matter, just gotta be there with me, when he pays so he gets the discount. Yes they are 100% brand new, and still in boxes (well, fenders are anyways) Just LMK when you wanna go, bc I may just have you guys swing past me, bc I need a couple things also for my Vert for the winter/spring redo But either way, Ill going to get these emailed to me, so feel free to lmk when you guys wanna get these.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:05 PM

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:52 AM
Sounds good, I will talk with him and figure out a day/time. I'm going to assume I'll know after NYE since nothing will happen before that anyways.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:21 AM
Yeah thats fine. And yeah this weekend wont work, especially since I plan on being at home and intoxicated most of the time But let me know because anytime on saturday would be the best.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:58 PM
Looks like we'd be able to pick up the parts this Saturday, does that work for you?

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 3:58 PM
It should, I dont have anything going on ATM so it looks good. Ill pm you my number so you can text me or call which ever.

Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:48 AM
alright sounds good thanks again for the help. You said the bumper and hood should total around 100 right? And is that an 03 base or LSS bumper? It doesn't matter just wondering.

Thursday, January 06, 2011 3:37 PM
Yes it should be about 100, bring 120-130 to make sure. I tried to add the tax in but im not sure if its correct. And the bumper is a base bumper. I wish they had LSS bumpers, bc then my vert would be a 03+ Lss kit on it Ill pm u now, I forgot to do that last night.

Monday, January 10, 2011 10:07 AM
Thanks again, for anyone looking to deal with Mike great guy. Met us up and got the parts, as of sunday it was all painted and put back together. Thanks again.

Monday, January 10, 2011 2:02 PM
hey bud, no problem. tell ur buddy thanks again. he really did not have to do that and i felt bad for him giving me that. but let him know i said thanks again. and it really was no trouble at all. either way glad i was able to save u guys some cash and glad everything got repainted and installed. now, have any good people u can point me too to get my car repainted lol.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:43 AM
The guy that just did his bumpers is real good. He's been doing it for years including his vette show car (numerous times). He does it out of the garage but it setup more like a booth for big jobs. I know the difference and the quality speaks for itself. Only thing is he does this on the side so you'd be out of a car for a bit and it's only if he has the availability. He's much cheaper then a shop but not dirt cheap either. I could ask for you I just need to know what all you have in mind and it would only be a ball park as he would need to see what body work would need to be done.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:10 PM
well u saw my car just there is a tiny bit of rusr on the driver side fender well, ill get some pics, and i just want the whole car repainted white it will have type j sides not installed he fan just shoot them and ill install them or he can do the whole car and then the skirts then install them himself it rlly doesnt matter to me, a completly new front end with the type j 03 front and a new rear bumper type j. the skirts are also brand new. everything will be on the car except the skirts. he only really needs to paint under the hood and the tops of the fenders other then that its just a exterior paint job in white again. its a 00 vert so just lmk, ill get some pics now of the rust and i have pics of the car. nothing special i just dont want 3 shades of white on the car anymore lol and since the fenders, hood, both bumpers, and sideskirts are gonna all be brand new i figure might as well have the cat repainted to freshin it up. thanks man!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search