Sad day for the cav :( what do you guys think? - Page 2 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Sad day for the cav :( what do you guys think?
Friday, January 21, 2011 3:25 AM
Sucks to hear man, I really liked how clean your J was. If you do end up looking for a clean car, a buddy of mine is selling his insainly clean 04srt-4 it's fully documented an at 56k with lots of parts and stock parts, 2 sets of tires BFg Tdw's and blizaks. I can get you more info if you like, and He's asking 11k for it.

Friday, January 21, 2011 3:05 PM
stick a fork in it...

I thinks it's done.

sorry to hear, glad your OK

Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:52 AM
JUCNBST- you know what color the SRT-4 is? and any idea what all he has done to the car?

Just a little update here I filed the claim with the guys insurance company and sometime next week my car is being towed back home. I will then have my local body shop give me an estimate on a repair. In the meantime Im looking at this as a possible replacement WRX

Dave

Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:37 PM
It's silver has stg 2 computer and injectors, bov, open dump 2 stage boost controller short throw, stb's, mopar drop springs, fuel rail, and tb. thats all i know of.

Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:58 PM
That white rex looks nice and seems like a good deal, just make sure to factor insurance in, will probably be quite a bit more. 90% chance your car gets totaled out, if it is, go with the subaru, I love white subarus AWD FTW

Saturday, January 22, 2011 10:43 PM
David, Ill look for those lights tomorrow. Im sure I got them. I can send them to you, if anything you can paypal gift me the money, and you can just have them, just pay the shipping. Im not going to use them anymore. Ill let ya know tomorrow for sure.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 1:40 PM
Yeah the white WRX is pretty chill, i mainly want one for its awd which would be tons better in the snow than what my cav was. But rumor has it that Hahn might be releasing a TD04 setup for our cars, if thats the case dont be surprised if I end up with another cav . Sweet deal Mike if you find em just pm me or something. Cars probably being towed this upcoming week to get a repair estimate. What Im going to do to is talk to the insurace adjuster about extra stuff I have done to my car, like my trunk and sound system, to see if that rises the value of it in hope of making the car not totaled. I really want to keep the car since Ive been looking around and I cant find a ls sport coupe with a manual, but we shall see.

Dave

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:39 PM
So just an update. Turns out the guy who hit me, his insurance on that car expired in November. So he is pretty much screwed now and I had to file a new claim with my insurance company. My company is going after him and stuff now. My insurance said they are coming out on Monday to look at my car and I will find out then if its totaled.

Dave

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:17 PM
Knowing from what happened to my LS, chances are more likely to be that it is a total loss. For example with my LS, the value of the car was $5500, the cost of the repairs, $6300. I was able to get worked out with my insurance company that I could swap all my mods for the stock equipment before they took it. But there was a plus for me though, I got my LSS, which was valued at $6700, for $5481 before tax, title, and license. So yeah, I got a good deal out of it.

In any case, hope for the best to you Dave. I'll keep an eye out for possible replacements for ya.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:24 PM
Hey david, Im sooo sorry man, life kicked in the last week hard. Ill look tonight for those lights, and again, im 99% sure i have a extra set. I have not forgotton about you I just havent had the time. With this stupid snow spells they been keeping me working 12 on 12 off, so time is a little slim, but it looks like ill be going home tonight normal time, so when I get home ill rummage through my garage and see if I find them.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:37 PM
Mac- Thanks man, as sad as it sounds Im kinda hoping that my car is totaled now. Really because the car was in a wreck before I even bought it and now this. Its just if I were to want to resell it I would having two accidents with one where air bags deployed just wont look good a a prospective buyer and thus hurting the value of it. Ill prolly end up getting a 06-07 Cobat SS since I really really want a manual, that car should have a higher resale value, and alot of the stuff I know about my Cav is similar to the Cobalt so there wont be a massive learning curve for me. No worries Im still sticking around on the forums here though lol.

Mike- Its cool man no worries lifes been crazy here as well. If you do find them just shoot me a pm and we can get this worked out. Oh yeah and Mike Ill send you some stuff for the J-Body book thing over in the other post.

Ill keep you guys updated.

Dave

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:40 PM
Sweet And you better stick around. Remember after I find those lights, ill have your address, so Ill know where you live, and Ill sit on ur doorstep and whine till you post something here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:40 PM

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:29 PM
Of course Ill stay and Ill still come whenever we have meets and just hangouts and stuff, gotta love having friends who can just talk and bs about their cars for hours lol. Haha well then as a rebuttal to your whine youll just have to listen to the whine of the supercharger on the cobalt but yeah i will send some stuff to your email probably tomorrow or the day after.

Dave

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:55 PM
Blah blah blah. Whine of the supercharger Pffftttt. Lol. One day Ill have you come to the track with me and show you a whine of a super charger And yeah man thats cool, we got a little time, and I still need to wait till I get my ink toners from the website I got it from.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:06 PM
Haha you will have to do that then. Heck during the spring/summer we should get a group of people and actually go to a track. Im sure my dad would tag along with his '85 GN and possibly some buddies of his, one of em has a Porsche 944 with the '87 GN engine, that thing is freaking amazing.

Dave

Monday, January 31, 2011 3:54 PM
So today an insurance adjuster came out to look at my car and it is officially totaled.

Dave

Monday, January 31, 2011 3:55 PM
Dude, If you can pull some pieces off the car without them knowing I will hand deliver the tails to you. I found them and I do have them. Lol. I need like 4 pieces off the front end lol

Monday, January 31, 2011 4:05 PM
What did you need off of the front?

Dave

Monday, January 31, 2011 4:07 PM
I need whats ever left of the foam support, and all the front bumper brackets, and the hood strike. Im actually really desperate lol. I have my type j on the front of my car for the 03 and its just nasty right now since I dont have anything else thats for it. lol. I will help with disassembly and reassembly

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search