Sad day for the cav :( what do you guys think? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sad day for the cav :( what do you guys think?
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:40 AM
So last night my room mates car died while at work so i went to go help him jump it, his cables didnt work so we were driving back to our house to get new ones. The roads were an absolute mess last night with all of the slush, snow, and freezing rain we got in northern illinois. So i was driving southbound in the left lane and a guy was driving northbound on the same road in the left lane as well. He was driving a pontiac grand prix and some how he lost control of his car while driving straight. His car literally started spinning around and did at least a 720. He spun into my lane of traffic and i tried to veer into the right lane but couldnt since i had no traction and he slammed into my left front with his right rear. Spun me around then he hit the car behind me as well. Both my air bags went off, my wind shield is cracked up, my sunroof popped open from the impact and its stuck in the position. Im just wondering if my car is going to be considered totaled now what do you guys think?

Dave

Re: Sad day for the cav :( what do you guys think?
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:17 AM
wow that sux, hope your ok but yeah i would say it totaled since the air bags went off

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:17 AM
I would not call it totaled. Your cars fate is in the hands of the insurance company...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:19 AM
z28guy wrote:wow that sux, hope your ok but yeah i would say it totaled since the air bags went off

the airbags are kinda a big deal... to insurance company's if they are deployed... Kinda expensive to replace.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:55 AM
Yeah luckily Im alright, Im glad the air bags didnt hit me totally in the face since i wear glasses, my hat kinda slowed my face down lol. But yeah I just have to wait and see what the insurance does about this, just glad it wasnt my fault. I was able to drive her home slowly, but then again the accident happened literally 45 seconds from my house. Ill keep you guys updated.

Dave

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:19 PM
Damn dude. Sorry to see this!!! It doesnt look totaled but who knows. I would honestly buy her back from the insurance (usually you can for really cheap) and fix it. It looks mainly cosmetic so it dont look like that big a deal. Either way, good luck. Hopefully you get urself another J. Other then that, glad ur doing good. I wear glasses too so the bags scare the piss outta me too. If anything, can I haz ur pass headlight?? LOL

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:30 PM
That don't look to bad. It could be fixed. Good luck man!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:53 PM
Dang bro, thats a real bummer. But good luck whether or not they decide if its totaled.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:28 PM
I would be surprised if it's not totaled.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:28 PM
sorry to see this but she is fixable

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:07 PM
i work in a body shop and from my experiancewith insurance if air bags are blown and the fram is bent yhey total it if air bagsno fram then they fix it it dosnt look that bad

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:17 PM
Haha yeah mike i should be able to give you my pass. headlight, heck i would prolly give you my hid kit with it as well. They still work just needs a new bulb for the drivers side. But if it is totaled i prolly wont buy it back and fix it simply because I just dont have the time and I kinda need a car. Its just sad that finally when I was getting somewhere with it this happens. Also if it is totaled dont be surprised to see my toyo tails for sale on here as well as my '02 trunk. Idk what kind of car Ill get to replace the cav. I thought about getting another cav but after lookin around ss cobalts, srt-4's, and even some 350z's i could get for 12 or under. I even found a '06 WRX and an evo 8 for 15. Idk what gonna happen like I said Ill keep everyone posted.

Dave

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:26 PM
David Fairhurst wrote:Haha yeah mike i should be able to give you my pass. headlight, heck i would prolly give you my hid kit with it as well. They still work just needs a new bulb for the drivers side. But if it is totaled i prolly wont buy it back and fix it simply because I just dont have the time and I kinda need a car. Its just sad that finally when I was getting somewhere with it this happens. Also if it is totaled dont be surprised to see my toyo tails for sale on here as well as my '02 trunk. Idk what kind of car Ill get to replace the cav. I thought about getting another cav but after lookin around ss cobalts, srt-4's, and even some 350z's i could get for 12 or under. I even found a '06 WRX and an evo 8 for 15. Idk what gonna happen like I said Ill keep everyone posted.

Dave

in IL it has to be 9 years old to buy back. Id be sure to get all the parts off you can replace as soon as possible..... meaning you take the toyo tails off... should have tails to replace them.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:45 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
David Fairhurst wrote:Haha yeah mike i should be able to give you my pass. headlight, heck i would prolly give you my hid kit with it as well. They still work just needs a new bulb for the drivers side. But if it is totaled i prolly wont buy it back and fix it simply because I just dont have the time and I kinda need a car. Its just sad that finally when I was getting somewhere with it this happens. Also if it is totaled dont be surprised to see my toyo tails for sale on here as well as my '02 trunk. Idk what kind of car Ill get to replace the cav. I thought about getting another cav but after lookin around ss cobalts, srt-4's, and even some 350z's i could get for 12 or under. I even found a '06 WRX and an evo 8 for 15. Idk what gonna happen like I said Ill keep everyone posted.

Dave

in IL it has to be 9 years old to buy back. Id be sure to get all the parts off you can replace as soon as possible..... meaning you take the toyo tails off... should have tails to replace them.

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:56 PM
Really, I didnt know you couldnt buy back a newer car. @!#$ that sucks!!!! Hmm, maybe I should come by and do some swapping huh Like ohhh IDK, wheels, heheheheeheh. But man, i really hope it isnt totaled. It dont look like much damage. But who knows about the under side. But like B&B said, start replacing parts now with the old stock ones. But yeah, keep us posted.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:11 PM
wow! this sucks! car looked clean and well maintained! mines been threw a good 4 accidents, and still has yet to been totalled. but then again, my bags have never deployed. i have a 2000 base model. and with the insurance money from each accident, i have never gotten her fixed really, just use the money to buy more 03+ LSS parts to convert her, now that i have almost all the parts i need, come spring time i will be using my own cash to get her painted! lol
hmmm, i wonder if i could buy yur LS rims off yur insurance company?? ...if shes totaled obviously! been looking for a non chrome set like that forever!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:48 AM
Yeah this weekend Im taking out all my sound system stuff and putting my stock stuff back in. Hopefully Ill be able to get my drivers side door open all the way to get to that speaker, it opens up at most like 7-8 inches :/ I still have my stock '04 trunk I can put back on but I sold my outers. Anyone have a set or any idea as to what a junkyard pair would cost?

And ChevyBoi my rims arent the non chrome ones, they are just really really dirty from the winter lol.

How she used to look

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:41 AM
hey if u want them, i have a set of stock rears u can have there juwt on my girls car ATM. I just need to swap her tails for the clears and there off. if u want them lmk. i may actually have another set around somewhere if ya want those i just gotta look as ATM im sure u dont care what they look like lol. I think the set tho i painted the inners white and yeah didnt come out great but if they total her out what do u care lol. i still want the wheels........ lol *cough* trade *cough* lmao. god just looked at all this, and holy hell were some vulchers! ok really only me, but damn still lol

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:33 AM
Oh @!#$ dude, that sucks. It's almost the same that happened to my LS. I still have my stock '03 tails from my LSS despite the center having two broken tabs. I hope things work out for you. Call me up if you need anything.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:29 AM
Yeah mike if i could have those tails that would be awesome. Im not entirely sure what I will sell on the car yet if it is totaled. I gotta wait and see if it even is first. I also want to make sure that selling my rims on here wouldnt lessen what I would get from the insurance. I really need to get as much as possible outta them lol so i can buy myself a new toy whether it be another J or a different platform. Even if I do go with another car, I really want to get something thats already boosted, Im still going to hang around the forums lol kinda like home here.

Dave

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:48 PM
Yeah, thats fine. When I get home from work tonight, Ill look for them. You can have them, idc. There just taking space up at my house right now anyways. Only thing we will need to figure out is how you will get them. Because either way, we can meet (all I ask if a few bucks just for the gas) or if you can get a ride, you can come and pick them up. But I will be really shocked if the car is totaled. Oh, and I doubt they will knock anything for the wheels. You can tell them that you bought those wheels and want them off if they come and look at the car. I say that bc I know my buddy stripped his car in the tow yard one night, and he had a 03 cavalier. And he left it with no wheels or anything, and they never said anything about it, because at that point those cars usually get scrapped if there totaled. But either way, talk to ur insurance and see what they say. usually if your cool with the person who writes the policy they can take care of u.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:17 PM
Yeah if you find them that would be awesome. If you dont mind shipping them I could paypal you some money to cover the shipping. That would probably be easiest since Im back at school now and DeKalb is prolly a far drive for you since if I remember right you said you were in the city. Aight yeah I just want to make sure before I go taking the rims off my car, not really sure how I will though since I dont have the tools needed to get em off. Ill keep you guys updated as I hear more.

Dave

Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:29 AM
Would you be interested in selling your drivers side floor mat. It is the only one my car is missing.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:49 PM
I thought it was 7 years. Damn, now I have to wait another year before my car can be safely totaled (buy back and fix).

Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:52 PM
Yeah Wade if my car is totaled I can sell you my mat. They are rubber and say chevrolet on em, pretty nice. If you want one or both just lemme know.

I drive a silver car- hopefully your car never gets even close to totaled, you car is freaking amazing looking.

Just an update I got my police report on the mail today, finally going to get the ball rolling to find out whats gonna happen.

Dave

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search