Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 15 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:39 PM
Haha well now thats its actually somewhat nice out I may come out of hibernation.

Dave

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:48 PM
Lol, I hope we can maybe do another meet soon, Im thinking about moving out of state. And it may end up happening soon. Not sure yet, but its looking better day by day. So im not sure hahahaha

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:57 PM
Lol a meet definitely sounds awesome to me. Where are you looking at moving to?

Dave

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:03 PM
I have been kicking the idea around of moving closer to my son in TN. Its not a sure thing yet, but its looking better and better everyday. Only down side is my fiancee wont be going with me. So its kinda like I gotta choose between her or my son. But im not mad at her. She too has a son that lives out here, so I cant be mad about that. I wont ask her to come with me and leave her son, just so I can be closer to mine. Its a bad situation for me either way I look at it but good will come of it. I will at least get to see my son on the weekends and all I gotta do is drive a couple hours and im there, vs 9-10 now. So it seems worth it to me, plus the cost of living out there is so much cheaper. Granted so is the pay, but after running all the numbers ill only be 200 less then what I am now, so not that much of a big deal. But im not sure yet. Just getting there is killing me since renting a uhaul alone is over 600 bucks. But we shall see. I may buy this car to flip and make a good profit off that, but idk yet.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:36 PM
Wow man thats quite the position to be in there. If you choose to move man best of luck with that, I know what movings like and it sucks.

Dave

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 1:30 PM
hell yea im up for a meet soon that is before the gas prices get way to far upwards lol, i got some catchin up to do i havnt been on for a little while cuz of some family issues my fathers being a ass soo lol yea i may not have the Christer last name before long ohwell @!#$ happens but umm hey mike whats up on the yearbook do u kno anything about when we all get to see it and wat not or will it be awhile before it finished sorry if this has been stated but like i said i havent been on in awhile

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 3:52 PM
Well, poop has hit the fan recently and made me decide to stay in Chicago. So im not going anywhere But as far as the yearbook, I wont be getting it back at all. I put your picture and one other persons on there, and took a little flack on it since we were suppose to be there to sign it in person. But as far as seeing it again personally I wont get it back. Check out the OT forum, and there is a thread called "whatever happened to the traveling shirt?" and there are usually pics in there, and I have yet to see pics of it recently. It looks cool. I would def put your name on the list and try and get it. Granted it will take a while to get to you, but then you will get to have it and such. As far as a meet, Im going to say lets wait till the weather starts to break. Right now any type of meet will be a bust. I know the WI-Gm tuners are planning a HUGE may meet in Wi Dells, and Im planning on going to that. I guess automotion it going on during then also. So if you want too, your more then welcome to attend that. Granted you will need a hotel and its a 3 day event, but as far as I have heard Its always fun. Kinda like a small bash of sorts. And the Dells are not that far away so its not too bad a drive.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:43 PM
i looked and its quite interesting lol but i highly doubt i would get if for a long time lol sooo eh its alright lol ill keep looking for more pics on the post. ummm well im up for a meet sometime around here close enough that i wnt run alot of gas out especially at the price it is and what it is expected to be at soo yea sometime when the weather breaks is fine lol im in just let me know. and whats making ya stay all of a sudden? i know i may be in the tennessee kentucky area after a year or so cuz my mom is wantting to move down theres sooo yea :/

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:53 PM
Ahhh ok. Yeah I changed my mind and decided to stay because I wanted to go down there to be closer to my son when he went there for school. But his mother tunred out to make a HUGE mistake and agreed to let him stay with me for school down here so I dont have to move down there like originaly thought. But its cool tho, if you move down there, I drive that way quite often so Ill prolly see you again lol.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:56 PM
A meet down in the dells would be awesome I would definitely go to that. Automotion would be cool to go to to and represent the J-Body crowd, one of my friends who has a corvette drives to that with a bunch of his buddies. And having a later meet works better for me to then it gives me time to get the new cav into shape

Dave

Friday, March 11, 2011 2:11 PM
David Fairhurst wrote: And having a later meet works better for me to then it gives me time to get the new cav into shape

Dave

^^^^^ Agreed

Friday, March 11, 2011 6:13 PM
I have since moved to Aurora. So now I'm much closer to most of you bastards. We should get something going now that it's starting to warm up again.

I have no signiture
Friday, March 11, 2011 6:20 PM
Whalesac wrote:I have since moved to Aurora. So now I'm much closer to most of you bastards. We should get something going now that it's starting to warm up again.

Agreed. It is starting to get nice, and Im hoping to have my car about 75% done by the next meet hehehehehe. Yes I have TONS of new toys already waiting to go on.

Friday, March 11, 2011 8:48 PM
Lol so no more three tone white paint job?

Dave

Friday, March 11, 2011 8:51 PM
David Fairhurst wrote:Lol so no more three tone white paint job?

Dave

To hell with u sir And no, it looks like this weekend will be a great weekend for side work, so hopefully ill have my car in the paint shop the end of the next week-ish.

Friday, March 11, 2011 8:57 PM
Haha i keed i keed. Very nice you still sticking with white then?

Friday, March 11, 2011 9:00 PM
Yeah, I like having a all white car. but since this winter, a good amount of rust started to pop up, so its time to get that right away. I got a guy out here that owns a shop that will repaint the whole car and the new kit I got for 1200. And I have had work by him done before and it was always good. So I feel good with him doing it. So if I get all these cars that are suppose to come to me this weekend ill have enough money to paint the car. Plus I just ordered the suspension for the car. Only 1.5" but its good for now, especially since this is my DD lol. Oh and I finally got wheels for her too, so once the body is done she will be brought home, and the suspension and wheels will be installed

Friday, March 11, 2011 9:11 PM
Wow thats a steal to get a whole car painted! Im glad my car has no rust, but then again if it snows even a little i wont take it out just because I dont want to deal with salt.....I hate Illinois winters lol. Haha after I get through sound deadening my car this summer Ill see if I can get my d-spec/sportline combo then possibly the 17" rotas Ive been lookin at. Lol you better have your suspension and rims done by the next meet

Sunday, March 13, 2011 1:15 AM
David Fairhurst wrote:Wow thats a steal to get a whole car painted! Im glad my car has no rust, but then again if it snows even a little i wont take it out just because I dont want to deal with salt.....I hate Illinois winters lol. Haha after I get through sound deadening my car this summer Ill see if I can get my d-spec/sportline combo then possibly the 17" rotas Ive been lookin at. Lol you better have your suspension and rims done by the next meet

HEHEHEHEH My suspension is done just wont install them till after the car is painted. Hopefully everything works right and I can get the car into the shop next weekend! But its cool, I have my 18s and suspension just waiting!!! LOL

Sunday, March 13, 2011 1:29 AM
sooo, is this chicago meet happening before the wi dells shebang?
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:17 PM
Ohh yeah. We will have a meet when it really starts to get nice out. Dont worry. Then while were at the meet, we can figure out if anyone is interested in the dells meet.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:08 PM
Sounds good. I no longer have my cav but would definatley like to come out. Getting to check out some j's might be the push i need to buy another for a project car (i really regret selling her). Hopefully i wont get my nuts busted for rolling up in an accord...
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:05 PM
Lol naaa Cheesecake pulled up in a Volvo so no worries. Plus maybe it will give u a kick in the rear to get another j

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:20 AM
VOLVO POWA

We need to get a meet together

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:42 AM
Mike- do you mind sharing the info on your paint guy? I just picked up a 02 LS for a DD and would like to get some spots touched up. I have been away from the J scene for a good 5 years or so but I'm back now
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search