getting car ready for spring - Page 2 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: getting car ready for spring
Friday, April 08, 2011 6:01 AM
canceled april 10th tune...

gotta fix oil drin hose leak

Saturday, April 09, 2011 11:26 PM
I have a couple questions for you blackbird. I was searching around for your old thread about wondering if the 16g would be enough to make it into the 11's and I did find it and reread through it again. So my questions are was the 16g you were using the internally wastegated one that hahn sells this one. Next question is were you using the hahn turbo manifold? Reason Im asking is because this summer Im planning on starting to piece together a turbo setup and I found this hahn turbo manifold in the classifieds. Just wondering if thats the one you were using and just used a block off plate since the 16g's from what I can tell on the hahn site are internally gated.

Just trying to plan everything out ahead of time so when the time comes to buy Ill be able to proceed. Also this summer to if Vince still has his 2.5" turbo back exhaust still available I want to pick that up from him as well. Thanks for any help man!

Dave

Monday, April 11, 2011 6:11 AM
I was using the internally gated 16G

you could either gut the internal gate, or block off the external.

My turbo mani did not have the option for the external gate.

I would block off the external.

Monday, April 11, 2011 8:49 AM
Ok thats what I thought. If thats the case I mine as well should just get TTR's turbo manifold since it has no external and uses a T3 flange so the 16g will work. Hope to see your car at the next meet since at the last one I was leaving as you were coming in. Thanks man!

Dave

Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:22 PM
tuned...

only 16# of boost... couldnt get the VCM scanner to read my car.

Therefore we had nothing to watch for knock.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search