Sooo got my new car and it is......drumroll please - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sooo got my new car and it is......drumroll please
Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:19 AM
As you guys probably know my blue car got totaled like a month ago and now Ive got my new car. Unfortionately its not a manual nor a Cobalt SS like planned, it is however another J and a pure mint one. I got another '04 LS Sport Cavy but this time around its silver, and only has 38,645 miles. Yeah this car is like brand new the lady who used to own it was an old grandma lady who wanted something else, or at least thats what the dealer told me. Lol thank god for old grandmas because she kept this thing in amazing shape. Of course when its warmer out Im going to do the obvious things like shave the side moldings and what not and put all my stuff from my blue car into this one. Now onto the pics.

Dave

Re: Sooo got my new car and it is......drumroll please
Sunday, February 13, 2011 10:58 AM
Very cool, did you pull any parts you'll be swapping onto this one?

Sunday, February 13, 2011 11:07 AM
Hah, parents are around your area... Dad actually bought one of his trucks from packey webb...

Out of curiosity, whats the check digits on the vin? I am pretty sure I've worked on that car before when I was up at Joliet Junior...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Sunday, February 13, 2011 1:46 PM
I still have my '02 trunk with the LSS spoiler on it ill be putting on it once its repainted again, kinda funny considering the trunk used to be silver. I still have my toyota tails, my hids, and my entire sound system. Not sure yet what my plans are for this one if i want to go boosted or just mild mods and a clean look.

Alex- The check digit is the 9th one right? If so it is a 2.

Dave

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:21 PM
Looks good now lower it and get rid of that spoiler. i hate that spoiler on those cars

btw great pickup makes me miss the girlfriends car even more

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:34 PM
Nice grab there David. She looks good. But i gotta agree with Cheesecake, lower her and get rid of that spoiler. For some reason that spoiler does not look right lol. Either way good job. Glad to see u back with j's.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:14 PM
Haha thanks guys Im glad i stuck with a J. Yes I know the wing looks dumb and trust me as soon as I get some extra money Im painting my '02 trunk I had on my blue car. That trunk with the LSS spoiler and my toyo tails will look nice like before. Also lowering it and possibly 18's are in my plans for the summer. Lookin at these right now actually Tenzo's

Dave

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:49 PM
Lol, yeah those are nice. But I have always been one for the gloss wheels. But hey, if ya like them go for it Some 18"s on a nice drop will be very nice on that.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:56 PM
Yeah Im kinda of a darker wheel kinda guy, hopefully ill be able to get them over the summer.

Dave

Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:45 AM
Nice grab, yeah what town do you live in?..I am out in St.Charles.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 7:49 PM
I live in Carpentersville/Algonquin area, but during school Im in DeKalb. You should come to our next meet that were having.

Dave

Monday, April 11, 2011 4:58 PM
Hey man, nice deal you got. Hope to see ya at the meet man, and maybe we can do the same as last time as we did last year.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Monday, April 11, 2011 7:51 PM
David Fairhurst wrote:I live in Carpentersville/Algonquin area, but during school Im in DeKalb. You MUST come to our next meet that were having.

Dave

Fixed it for ya

Monday, April 11, 2011 8:11 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
David Fairhurst wrote:I live in Carpentersville/Algonquin area, but during school Im in DeKalb. You MUST come to our next meet that were having.

Dave

Fixed it for ya

Mike speaks the law around here lol

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:12 AM
So David, I oversaw in Travis's build post that you were asking a few turbo questions eh?..... Looking to boost the auto are we?

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:36 AM
Why yes I am, even though it wont be done anytime soon. I was originally planning on going with the saab setup but I figured if Im going boost mine as well do it right and go custom. Besides Im pretty sure I will become bored of the saab and want to go faster anyways. So my current plan in its very basic form is going with a 16g on a low boost tune, once I get that done Im going to build my engine retune. Then beef up my auto and retune again for more boost. I pretty much want my stuff to be as bulletproof as I can get it to minimize breaking parts. But my overall goals are around 300 whp or a 12.5-12.6 quarter time. Any faster and I think the car wont be that streetable.

Besides Ive got bigger plans in the future to run 11 second quarter miles.......

It will be at least a year before Ill have boost so Ill have plenty of time to read up and ask questions. But one day though Ill have one of the quicker autos......I hope lol.

Dave

Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:12 AM
Sounds like you have a plan set for yourself. Just a heads up, even with the 16g you'll eventually get tired of it and want more power....we all do that. I'm used to the blower on my eco now, it seems slow haha. When time comes around to do the install, or you want a hand shoot me a message, I'd be willing to bring my mig welder up to carpentersville if you have 220V for building a downpipe or whatever...

Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:58 AM
Yeah I know the 16g will seem slow after awhile, but at least I can upgrade that to a 20g fairly easily. Which I might end up considering doing that since one of my buddies form school is throwing a 20g on his Genesis Coupe.....Ill have to keep up somehow. But before I do that I want to make sure I have my engine/trans built how I want it. Any help would be super awesome since I have a decent idea as to what Im doing but I would feel much much safer working with someone who knows what they are doing. After all it is my DD and I cant really mess it up lol.

But in the end I dont think I will be doing a 20g since as I see my plan working out I hope to have my cavalier done and built shortly after I graduate college and once I get settled with a job and what not the next car Im buying is a '94-'97 Toyota Supra. Ive always wanted one and I just think they are the perfect car. Oh btw I plan to convert its twin turbo setup to a big single one- aka HKS T51R......I would say thats a big enough turbo. I know for a fact that turbo with the right supporting mods will easily get that car into the 700 hp 11 sec. 1/4 mile range.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:40 AM
David Fairhurst wrote:Yeah I know the 16g will seem slow after awhile, but at least I can upgrade that to a 20g fairly easily. Which I might end up considering doing that since one of my buddies form school is throwing a 20g on his Genesis Coupe.....Ill have to keep up somehow. But before I do that I want to make sure I have my engine/trans built how I want it. Any help would be super awesome since I have a decent idea as to what Im doing but I would feel much much safer working with someone who knows what they are doing. After all it is my DD and I cant really mess it up lol.

But in the end I dont think I will be doing a 20g since as I see my plan working out I hope to have my cavalier done and built shortly after I graduate college and once I get settled with a job and what not the next car Im buying is a '94-'97 Toyota Supra. Ive always wanted one and I just think they are the perfect car. Oh btw I plan to convert its twin turbo setup to a big single one- aka HKS T51R......I would say thats a big enough turbo. I know for a fact that turbo with the right supporting mods will easily get that car into the 700 hp 11 sec. 1/4 mile range.

Perfect car that makes 700hp and only does 11s in the 1/4? Not so perfect...

Whats the difference between a 8k supra and a 25k supra?

Nothing, they both run twelves in the quarter...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:55 AM
When I said perfect I didnt only mean the performance aspect of it. I know a 700hp should be faster than 11's, I was just throwing numbers out there. By perfect I mean how the car looks, how it sounds just everything about it to me it just cant get much better. Also I think you would be very hard pressed to find a MK IV supra for 8K, if you did it would have tons of miles and probably not in the best of shape. You could find MK III's for that price but those dont have the 2JZ, sure you could do a swap, but thats alot of work. So yes there is a difference between the two considering the twin turbo MK IV's really only ran low 13's stock, possibly getting into the 12's.

Dave

Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:01 PM
no you were being realistic...

a 700hp supra will run 11's.

So will a 900 hp supra LOL

Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:25 PM
Lol gotta love no traction and massive turbo lag. Either way as long as I get one in the end I could care less if it had if it had 500, 700, or 900 hp Ill love it simply because its the car Ive always wanted. Besides idk how fun a car faster than 11's would be on the street. But anywho I need to get going on my boost project for the cav, now toying with the idea of a M62.....

Dave

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search