Soooo, Who wants to trade????? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Soooo, Who wants to trade?????
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:25 PM
Hey guys. I just wanna know or see if anyone is interested. Im going back to the 00-02 front end. So with the car now having a 03+ front end, I am wondering if anyone wants to trade. I have the headlights and hood, and need the headlights, corner lights, brackets for said lights, and hood. All my stuff is brand new used for little over 3 months. I also have the 03 type j front bumper, but its cracked, and hangs low, but if you want it, you can have it. I can get you a stock base 03+ bumper but thats 30 bucks if you want it. I am trying to not buy all this stuff brand new so if someone wants it then we can do a even trade. The hood does have a small dent from the striker bolt being too long so it pushed it up, sorta like a little nipple, but thats it. A little beating with a hammer it will come out. So if anyone is interested let me know. Or if anyone has any of this stuff for sale ( I have a bumper already just need the headlights, turn signals, hood, and brackets. Aftermarket hoods are fine, but I dont want them to be cracked and torn up. I would love a OEM CF hood. So if you have anything like that, or want a 03+ front end, let me know. Ill even do one better. If you want the 03 swap, but dont like that I dont have a good bumper for it, Ill buy the front bumper for you, but its only a Base bumper with no bowtie piece. And all you have to do it trade, and its all brand new. Let me know!!! Thanks!!

Re: Soooo, Who wants to trade?????
Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:53 PM
Just wanted to let ya know that I have a 95-02 black hood from my old Cav still, with striker but no hinges. I was gonna cut it up for filler plates on my Model A (fairly small rust-through - esp considering its 83 years old!!) but you'd make much better use of it, lol. Just stock steel, not CF. I have a few other small parts left over too, but only the hood would be useful for your Z... The rest is 2200 & sedan stuff

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:55 PM
Ya know, if you wanna trade, let me know. Ill give u the 03 hood u can cut up, unless u want money for it, if so let me know!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:55 PM
You dont have any headlight brackets or a dash board or such do ya?????? LOL or even headlights and corner lights

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:26 PM
Yea, I'd be fine in trading lol. I can probably stuff the hood into the back seat of my Hyundai - I know for a fact that it fit into my Cav sedan!!

Let's see, the parts I can think of off-hand is the hood, smoked-to-hell tail-lights, a pair or two of mirrors (maybe a power sedan set & manual coupe set, but they could be switched back to power-coupe/manual-sedan), 2200 PaceSetter header & Magnaflow cat (both un-used!). That's all I can remember, I'd have to search the garage & basement to see if there's anything else - I have parts from many cars/trucks/SUVs, lol. But, of course, they're in many different spots/containers/boxes/etc! There *might* be a lil internal wiring left too, but I know for sure I threw most of the wiring & weatherstripping out last summer... Oh yea, I have driver-side glass for a sedan at my parents house still. I should grab that this weekend...

I gotta organize all my @!#$e and get rid of the Cav stuff lol. I don't forsee owning another one anytime too soon...

Friday, April 15, 2011 9:47 AM
why no more 03+?

Friday, April 15, 2011 11:43 AM
Copter, i cannot for the life of me, get the damn type j to.sit right in the center so i said screw it and am going back to a 00 front. Im the kind of.guy who likes body kits so my car will have one and i cant find a decent priced type.j for my front so im going with a diffrent front. It will actually work do to the similarities of the bumpers. Plus, as much as i like the 03 clip i dont want a stock front clip lol.

Rebl, if u come across anything else i need to go back to the 00 front let me know. I may have to set up something with u because unless i get everything i need soon ill have to figure out how to get the hood from u. if anything when i get everything i may ask u to swing past my house bc i cant carry anything in my car. if that becomes the case tho ill throw u some cash for gas for helping me out. but sweet, u can have my hood. oh also is there any damage on the hood?? i ask because the less damage the less my body guy will charge me to fix it lol. Thanks again man.

and sorry for all the mistakes im tyling this on my phone so its a PITA. lol

Friday, April 15, 2011 3:16 PM
There's no real damage, just some paint chipped off the back corners from being moved around a lot, but you'd be repainting it anyway lol.

Friday, April 15, 2011 3:22 PM
Yeah thats true, as long as there isnt any dents or such on it, then were good Thanks man!

Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:30 PM
Lol, Not for 395 Plus 150 shipping lol. This is why im not staying with the type J. I cannot for the life of me, get the center to sit up right. Plus, just for a bumper to pay $545, is just insane. Thats WAY outta my price range right now lol. Oh well, no worries. I already bought my other front bumper. When i get home (Im at the Wisconsin Dells till the 24th) Ill send you some pics I have everything I need so far, just need my headlight brackets, and im done

Sunday, April 17, 2011 8:56 AM
^ You can say that again! I can get a full body kit for my 07 Elantra for LESS than that bumper would cost!

Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:00 PM
Rebel Racer wrote:^ You can say that again! I can get a full body kit for my 07 Elantra for LESS than that bumper would cost!

Exactly!!! So I had a guy locally that was selling a urethane front bumper but it was a drift, so I did a little searching, and found one car with pics that had a drift front and Type J sides and rear. And it actually worked, really better, and TBO looking at it, I think it actually worked better then the Type J front. But ill see, and for the 165 for the front bumper it was a hell of alot cheaper then the other bumper on Egay lol. That price is just nuts!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search