Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 20 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:18 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Mike, just drive up there without a hood.....bolt it on and go home

I would, but isn't that illegal as hell??? Lol

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:19 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:Mike, just drive up there without a hood.....bolt it on and go home

I saw a Dodge Avenger coupe yesterday without one. So I wouldn't be sure.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:24 PM

Jucn, I was just about to suggest that! Mike, when I got my 03-05 hood from Hector years ago, I drove from DP to Elgin to get it - hoodless. It looks goofy as hell, but it IS legal!! I suppose some hot-shot cop might hassle you, but he can't ticket you b/c it's theres no legal requirement for a hood in IL

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:28 PM
I think it is legal. I just quickly read through Ch 12 of the Illinois Vehicle Codes and it says nothing about that Illinois Vehicle Code. Check it

Dave

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:39 PM
Hmm, Rebel, we shall do that then. Ill get the brackets I need friday mourning, and if you can get the hood into ur car (idk how possible that will be) ill drive out to the meet with no hood then. If that works then let me know. Thanks man!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:58 PM
Actually rebel, where do ya stay at?? I forgot where your around. I ask, since I know I have to drive the car saturday mourning, and I was planning on heading to the meet right after that job in the AM. I was gonna say, if your not too crazy far from chicago, i can head out to you after I get off work, only downside is that I get off work at 1130pm. I could drive out to you after I get off work. If you wanna do that let me know. All I would have to do is go home real fast, swap everything over, remove my hood, install my bumper and headlights, and head to you. I could probably leave my house about 1215, since to me the front end swap is just that easy lol.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:01 PM
Just tried it - def not happening. Elantra must be shorter than Cavalier, I guess. But I do have enough foam & cardboard that I can strap it to my roof (ratchet straps) and drive down there.

Mack & Dave, this means I'll probably end up taking 20 & 72 straight down there, so I won't meet up w/ you two in Algonquin. I'm not gonna risk going 70+ on the tollway w/ a hood strapped to my roof! Hell, maybe I should strap the hood to my hood/front-end, come to think of it... We'll see which works best on Sat afternoon!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:03 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Actually rebel, where do ya stay at?? I forgot where your around. I ask, since I know I have to drive the car saturday mourning, and I was planning on heading to the meet right after that job in the AM. I was gonna say, if your not too crazy far from chicago, i can head out to you after I get off work, only downside is that I get off work at 1130pm. I could drive out to you after I get off work. If you wanna do that let me know. All I would have to do is go home real fast, swap everything over, remove my hood, install my bumper and headlights, and head to you. I could probably leave my house about 1215, since to me the front end swap is just that easy lol.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:10 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Actually rebel, where do ya stay at?? I forgot where your around. I ask, since I know I have to drive the car saturday mourning, and I was planning on heading to the meet right after that job in the AM. I was gonna say, if your not too crazy far from chicago, i can head out to you after I get off work, only downside is that I get off work at 1130pm. I could drive out to you after I get off work. If you wanna do that let me know. All I would have to do is go home real fast, swap everything over, remove my hood, install my bumper and headlights, and head to you. I could probably leave my house about 1215, since to me the front end swap is just that easy lol.

Call me crazy, but if you're taking care of the hood in the morning, you two, Rebel and Mike, can join up with me and Dave possibly at my place of work in West Dundee that's right off 72.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:17 PM
Mike, I'm in Marengo, 60152. It's 45 minutes from Des Plaines, and I can't remember where you're at in Chi. Since Mack works in West Dundee, I could easily head over there in the late morning w/ the hood - but it sounds like you want to come Fri night?? I can stay up for that (might be up that late anyway). Just map your house to here to see how long it would take to get to my house directly...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:20 PM
Rebels right im talking about getting it friday night.

Rebel, ill check the distance in a little bit. I gotta work on a car right now, but when im done ill come in get on my computer and see the distance. Thanks alot man.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:26 AM
Ok just checked, and holy hell, ur over a hour from me lol. So yeah, just bring it the day of the meet, hahaha. I wouldnt mind grabbing it friday night normally but I got to be up early saturday since I gotta head out to the far south side to look at a convertible sunfire to get it running again. Thanks again Rebel!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:00 AM
Sounds like you guys have it figured out.....I was going to add that if it was infact illegal then why can t buckets and other hot rods roll around without fenders and hoods at car cruises and not be constantly harassed.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:30 AM
Should we bring anything?

I wont be there until 330-345 depending on traffic

Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:00 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:Should we bring anything?

I would think anything snacky or drinks. I might be bringing a couple more dining flys and a case or two od soda.

Mike & Rebel: So I take it you would be installing the hood at the meet. In that case, Rebel, let us know roughly how long it would be for you to get from Marengo to IL-31 and IL-72 in West Dundee so Dave and Myself can plan on getting together and meeting you there before heading off to Busse Woods.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:55 AM
I don't know about you guys but im pumped lol

Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:44 AM
If u guys wanna bring atuff go for it. im gonna grab some burger patties and cheese and im brining the grill , if u guys wanna bring soda and chips and plates thats great. oh and im grabbing some buns.

and bronze, so am i lol

Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:49 PM
You spelled pop wrong, there is no s,d, or a

Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:53 PM
Darkstars wrote:You spelled pop wrong, there is no s,d, or a

Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:48 PM

hahahaha i guess having a ex wife from the south really did have a impact on my speech lol. Sorry, POP. hahahah

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:47 PM

hahahaha i guess having a ex wife from the south really did have a impact on my speech lol. Sorry, POP. hahahah

At least she's not southern enough to call it Coke.

I have no signiture

Friday, April 29, 2011 2:01 PM
WOOT WOOT!! The meet is tomarro people! Quick list below please post who is coming and what your bringing so we all have a idea ahead of time, thx guys!!

1.Mike-Burger patties, cheese, buns, cooler, grill

Friday, April 29, 2011 2:17 PM
2. Paul (Rebel Racer) - Plates, cups

Friday, April 29, 2011 2:21 PM
Oh yea, Mack, I can plan on meeting you around 1:15ish at 72 & 31. I'm gonna get there just a lil early since I can only stay till 5ish (opening night of Sycamore).

Friday, April 29, 2011 2:22 PM
2. Paul (Rebel Racer) - Plates, cups
3. James (macktruck84) - case of soda, two dining flies

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search