Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 19 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Friday, April 22, 2011 10:44 PM
Suck a more?.....I'd be down for a meet there on a night where they got parking lot races and demo derby later when It's warmer. I haven't been there in years.

Saturday, April 23, 2011 9:06 AM
You mean the One-on-One drags w/ regular street cars? They do that on Friday nights, racing season starts next Sat after the meet.

Saturday, April 23, 2011 10:08 AM
Doesnt Rockford Speedway do the same thing?? If its what I think it is, ill be down to see that saturday night.

Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:23 PM
BronzeCav wrote:hell yea.. im heading up early to meet up.. gonna get breakfast and head up hopefully get there about noon

but mid summer would be awesome for another meet.. ive been out of the jbody world for a long while

There was talk of 2pm earlier, especially since Travis doesn't get off work till later. If you still plan on showing up that early, let me know. I'd be willing to come early.

I have no signiture
Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:40 PM
Yeah the meet time was 2pm for those reasons, so yeah. If you guys are going to show up early keep us posted, since some of us can show up early. I know I have a Cavalier Z24 Convertible that day to work on, and after im done with that ill head out to the meet.

Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:45 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Doesnt Rockford Speedway do the same thing?? If its what I think it is, ill be down to see that saturday night.
Idk if Rockford does or not, I've only been there once (just last year) for that big 500-lapper they do at the end of the season. Sycamore 1-on-1 doesn't start till some time in May I think, I'd have to check the schedule to be sure. For those not familiar with it, you just take your street car out on the dirt track for a heads-up elimination drag race, final winner/champion gets a 5ft trophy.

Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:55 PM
Rebel Racer wrote:
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Doesnt Rockford Speedway do the same thing?? If its what I think it is, ill be down to see that saturday night.
Idk if Rockford does or not, I've only been there once (just last year) for that big 500-lapper they do at the end of the season. Sycamore 1-on-1 doesn't start till some time in May I think, I'd have to check the schedule to be sure. For those not familiar with it, you just take your street car out on the dirt track for a heads-up elimination drag race, final winner/champion gets a 5ft trophy.

Yeah then they do. But only diffrent is there track is paved. We are actually going to sign our buddy up for his birthday to do that when we go out to rockford in may. I also forgot that the F&TF5 comes out the 30th and I already promised my girl we will go and see it so even if they had it then, I wont be able to make it Lol

Monday, April 25, 2011 2:11 PM
WOOT WOOT!!! Only a few more days.till the meet. God i hope this weather holds up!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:18 AM
I'll be there prob a little later than the start time. I got my retro fitted projectors from mr. benham enroute, we got the 2 bar map for the turbo ohv so we might to a little early morning tuning, and I got suspension parts cominng as well...but worst case senario I'll be rocking winter steelies and stock suspension...How's that drop on the vert Mike?

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:47 AM
Yeah hopefully the weather wont give us to much of a problem. Haha especially since I need like a day or two to wash, clay bar, and wax/polish my car.

Dave

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:37 AM
Jeff, yeah thats cool. The drop isnt bad still sits a little uneven but it rides really hard. Still a better ride then the damn air ride i had on my yellow car lol. So its cool. I think it has alot to do also with the rims i have, I think the tires are hard.rubber so it makes the ride harder. Either way im happy with them.

David, ha! At most ill just was my car since its not too pretty right now. Claybaring right now to my car isnt even worth it since im getting it painted real soon.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:28 PM
Haha yeah Im kinda OCD about keeping my car clean, I normally will hand wash it once a week when its nice out. Im really only clay baring it because the other day I took off my side moldings and only a little bit of the residue is left over so figured mine as well just do the whole car.

Dave

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:07 PM
David Fairhurst wrote:Yeah hopefully the weather wont give us to much of a problem. Haha especially since I need like a day or two to wash, clay bar, and wax/polish my car.

Dave

Yeah, I have to do that too, but have never waxed or polished. I could use a bit of help on that, plus waiting on something to be painted. Mind helping me out with waxing and everything Dave, since you are the closest?

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:14 PM
well according to the weather the rain may hold off. it says partly cloudy with highs in the upper 60's so we shall see. ill prolly just wash my car friday. depends on if i am able to install my 00 stuff too

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:52 PM
macktruck84 wrote:
David Fairhurst wrote:Yeah hopefully the weather wont give us to much of a problem. Haha especially since I need like a day or two to wash, clay bar, and wax/polish my car.

Dave

Yeah, I have to do that too, but have never waxed or polished. I could use a bit of help on that, plus waiting on something to be painted. Mind helping me out with waxing and everything Dave, since you are the closest?

Yeah man I could help out. I normally would use this and it worked really well and was stupid easy to use. I think this time though Ill probably use a real wax, mainly since it just got done being winter. What day would you want to wash your car? And Im also down for meeting up and driving down together like we did for the last one.

Dave

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:02 PM
Mack & Dave, looks like yall aren't too far from me - I'm over in Marengo, about 20-25 mins from Mack.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:05 PM
David Fairhurst wrote:
macktruck84 wrote:

Dave

Yeah man I could help out. I normally would use this and it worked really well and was stupid easy to use. I think this time though Ill probably use a real wax, mainly since it just got done being winter. What day would you want to wash your car? And Im also down for meeting up and driving down together like we did for the last one.

Dave

Oh god, you guys are going to hate the interior of my car. Im changing the carpet when I find a nice dark one, so I haven't cleaned or shampooed the carpeting ever, so there are all kinds of boot prints in it and all. Lol. Oh well, I just dont want to worry about the interior until the exterior is done lol. I still need to find something to clean the Vinyl seats since there a little dirty now lol.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:06 PM
David Fairhurst wrote:Yeah man I could help out. I normally would use this and it worked really well and was stupid easy to use. I think this time though Ill probably use a real wax, mainly since it just got done being winter. What day would you want to wash your car? And Im also down for meeting up and driving down together like we did for the last one.

Dave

It would have to be after 5 PM on Friday since I work the next three days 9 AM to 5 PM and have class on the next two nights from 6:30 PM to 9:20 PM.

About meeting up, how about around 1 PM at Sonic?

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:08 PM
Oh hey Rebel, How much do you want for the hood?? I am going to just keep all my 03 stuff, and see if I cant get it fixed, and maybe throw it on my girls car. Shoot me a price. Because I want to get it friday, if not, then Ill end up either buying a new one, or just going to a JY and buying one. Thanks!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:12 PM
Rebel Racer wrote:Mack & Dave, looks like yall aren't too far from me - I'm over in Marengo, about 20-25 mins from Mack.

If you know where the Sonic is in Algonquin, fell free to meet us there and tag along.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 4:57 PM
Mack- I could do after 5 pm on Friday as long as the weather will allow us to wash cars lol, and meeting at 1 pm at Sonic works for me.

Mike- Haha its all good youll be at least 1 up on me in the mod category so its all good. Btw if are looking for new carpet I would check out this place. Back when I had my blue car I left the sunroof and windows open one night and it stormed real bad and needless to say I had at least 1 inch deep puddles everywhere in my car. I bought a new black carpeting from that place and it was real nice stuff, just gotta make sure you have a carpet knife with a fresh blade to trim it to fit.

Dave

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:19 PM
David Fairhurst wrote:Haha yeah Im kinda OCD about keeping my car clean, I normally will hand wash it once a week when its nice out. Im really only clay baring it because the other day I took off my side moldings and only a little bit of the residue is left over so figured mine as well just do the whole car.

Dave

Rock chips all over the place, giant rust hole under the fill cap (from the cheap hail damage insurance fix some years ago), etc. Honestly. there are so many things wrong with my car, that I stopped caring that much a long time ago.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:31 PM
Mike, I'd give it to ya for $20 I guess. My truck can only be used around town tho (clutch going out, so I can only manage 45MPH before it slips like hell); my Cherokee ain't an option either, has blow-by real bad but of course I don't have time, money or equipment to replace/rebuild the engine... So I'll have to see if I can actually fit it in my Hyundai, lol. Or would you wanna come up to Marengo and pick it up? I get home around 7:30 most nights.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:57 PM
I would love to pick it up, only issue is I no longer have my truck. But Ill let ya know. Im trying to figure this out, and wont be able to do anything till friday. If worse case senario, Ill let ya know, since im hoping to get this on friday night, so my cars front end will be ok, not perfect, but better then it is. Either way, Ill keep ya posted. Thanks!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:10 PM
Mike, just drive up there without a hood.....bolt it on and go home

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search