WTB Cheap J-body - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTB Cheap J-body
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:10 PM
Well my s10 decided to put a chunk through the trans.... anyone looking to get rid of a j for semi cheap? just need something solid and reliable... Doesnt matter which engine as long as if its an LD9 it was maintained well and oil level was watched... otherwise I need something soon.

Re: WTB Cheap J-body
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:29 PM
check CL they have a 98 for 1650 modified, and decent car. Already modded, not engine wise, but body and paint. For the price ya cant go wrong. http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/2388534514.html

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:44 PM
custom rebuilt engine! lol thats not stock wise

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:54 PM
Yeah but that could mean that it is just stock too. Gotta look at it to be sure, but again for the price its not bad

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:00 PM
hoping to look at this one friday.....
http://www.goddardusedautosales.com/index.php?content=feature&vehicle_id=925

few things lead me to believe it was in a front end accident of some sort... has the fog light switch inside the car but no fogs, has the razzi rear only... seems like most of it lines up decent though... so i guess if it drives straight and not abnormal wear on the tires, and i can get the damage figured out.... im gonna offer $3k plus tax title license.

says it has wheels, exhaust, and interior neons lol. wheels dont bother me as long as the tires are decent, interior neons would be PULLED OUT and exhaust would be quieted down with the fart can being removed.

if i was dumb as @!#$ id take all the turbo stuff im going to have left over and put it on that car.... but i can 100% guarantee that wont happen since i just need a solid DD car. i might salvage the exhaust though if the person interested doesnt buy it.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:03 PM
looks like that foglight switch is really the underglow switch since its the pure basemodel there wont be any foglights. there are also no side skirts or lip on the front, so maybe a little off road damage like a ditch or something. If it drives ok, and doesnt have issues, I say go for it, just offer them less then that price.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:43 PM
its definitely a fog light switch though. unless they bought the fog light switch specifically for the neons... which idk if people are not lazy enough to do that.... idk i hope i can look at it and see. hope to try to get it for $3k.... seems reasonable for a car of that type... i never realized how much j's are going for since the gas cruch going on!

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:05 AM
Want something that needs a lil work or already running. The body on my 2001 is good....a lilrust on the inside lower drivers door. Not bad.....has a coolant leak and no a.c but it holds a charge. Might let it go for fairly cheapish. Auto trans.

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:37 AM
yeah its a fog switch but it looks blue so idk. Check it out and take a pic of that switch if you can.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:02 AM
Compression Ignition Whore wrote:Want something that needs a lil work or already running. The body on my 2001 is good....a lilrust on the inside lower drivers door. Not bad.....has a coolant leak and no a.c but it holds a charge. Might let it go for fairly cheapish. Auto trans.

price? pics? would def prefer running and reliable to start with. body doesnt bother me so much as solid drive train, and location as well!

and will do, going to look friday i hope. got a friend checking it out for me tomorrow too so ill see what he says and compare it to what i find as well.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:40 AM
love the spoiler. imsurprised that they didnt try to remove the mixmatched tint. most used dealers here remove the front tint.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:31 PM
3rd grinds, 5th grinds, no reverse, that car is a no go.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:31 PM
lol, wish i was in a position to sell mine, it ain't nothing too perty to look at it but it runs like a champ.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:23 PM
check out the one I posted up. Cant hurt.

Friday, May 20, 2011 10:19 AM
I picked just picked one up Monday night to sell . Let me tell you its not pretty out there. Everyone wants top dollar out of reliable fuel efficient cars even dealer to dealer. I watched a 97 base model 2 door cavalier with 139,000 miles go for 2300 at a dealer only auction this morning. It was in good condition except the trunk did not latch.

Anyway I have a silver 2 door 2004 eco/auto base model I would sell you. It has clean title 143,000 miles. Mechanically it needs NOTHING. It has ice cold air. It does need the front bumper painted. I don't know why but it has an unpainted bumper on it. It does not look like it has ever been wrecked. Otherwise the only thing to mention is that it has gravel dust in just about every crevice. I have started the long process of detailing it. If you want it the price is 3600 firm. I can't budge on it so please dont ask. It is take it or leave it for 3600 no sweat off my back either way.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, May 20, 2011 11:06 AM
I actually found a 03 s10 today, 93K on it, 2.2 auto, amazing shape. SMALL rust bubble that woudlnt take anything to fix, alpine deck, intake, looks REALLY clean overall for $4K heading to the bank now! i just hope I dont get the mod bug on this one.... one toy at a time!!!!!
I want to slam the @!#$ out of it lol.

Friday, May 20, 2011 5:13 PM
isnt that ur s10 in the background on the trailer?

Friday, May 20, 2011 5:47 PM
yep. like i said, trans blew a hole in it. gonna give that one to the fire department so we can cut it up for training. truck doesnt owe me a dime, I got 30K miles out of it and if I wanted, toss a trans in it and go another 100K im sure. but the price of a trans or selling it with that many miles is not worth it, so im donating and taking the big tax break on it... of course once I take the stuff off it I could use for the 03. Not a lot but little stuff.

picking the 03 one up monday. 93K on it, intake, newer alpine deck with ipod cable in glove box, tinted windows, perfect interior, cruise, ac, no power locks or windows. frame is JUST starting to show its surface rust, so im going to maybe hit that with a converter of some sort. already looking at notching and a 4 link, 18's. bunch of truck guys down here with spare parts. not to mention all the little free upgrades you can do. Probably start on this once the cav is done.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 7:47 AM
the same truck was for sale by me bout half a year ago except it had the "extreme" kit on it. 01, 100k+ on the clock, and tonneau cover, oh yeah and a rust hole the size of a softball in the rear door panel. $11,000. i laughed at the salesman and walked back to my car.

Sunday, May 22, 2011 7:11 PM
turns out the asshole sold it from under me. makes sense on why he didnt answer his phone when I was trying to get a hold of him.... going full size truck shopping tomorrow.

Monday, May 23, 2011 5:53 AM
That sucks! That looked like a nice truck. I was actually hoping to pick something like that up at auction

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, May 23, 2011 12:04 PM
How clean is your s10? Sell it?

Monday, May 23, 2011 12:25 PM
Sucks !!!!! That s10 was clean as it was

Monday, May 23, 2011 1:47 PM
s10 could be fixed but with 176K on it, probably not worth it. It ran its course with me, so now its time to cut it up at the fire department and i get to use the value of the car as a tax break.

went shopping today. looked at a few 06-10 silverado 1500's. nothing stuck out at me but i have my friends at the dealership looking at auctions for me to find one. So hope to soon have one of those. I like the body style of the 05-early 07. but the late 07-10's are starting to grow on me, not to mention flex fuel is looking like a good option as well. I know either will tow my car so im not worried there. its just down to finding the one i want, with the options i want.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:45 PM
im selling my red cav. dont know if its what your looking for with the w41 cams in it but ive always ran mobile one and always take care of the motor. its my college car that goes from minnesota to chicago to carbondale all the time, id trust it to go anywhere.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search