WTB Cheap J-body - Page 2 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: WTB Cheap J-body
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:57 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:im selling my red cav. dont know if its what your looking for with the w41 cams in it but ive always ran mobile one and always take care of the motor. its my college car that goes from minnesota to chicago to carbondale all the time, id trust it to go anywhere.

thanks, but its full size truck time. my dad and i discussed it and its not worth getting another in between vehicle since i need a reliable DD and a tow vehicle. by the time i buy an in between vehicle, tax title license it, insurance, run it for as long as it will go, i could be paying on a new truck and be reliable and what not.

most likely thats my bets option and i have been looking into both the chevy and gmc's and certified. we will see what happens.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:12 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:im selling my red cav. dont know if its what your looking for with the w41 cams in it but ive always ran mobile one and always take care of the motor. its my college car that goes from minnesota to chicago to carbondale all the time, id trust it to go anywhere.

thanks, but its full size truck time. my dad and i discussed it and its not worth getting another in between vehicle since i need a reliable DD and a tow vehicle. by the time i buy an in between vehicle, tax title license it, insurance, run it for as long as it will go, i could be paying on a new truck and be reliable and what not.

most likely thats my bets option and i have been looking into both the chevy and gmc's and certified. we will see what happens.

good choice, ive got 3 cars right now and im lookin to do the same with getting rid of 2 and getting something else. the cav is great but its time to upgrade the daily driver

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:20 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:s10 could be fixed but with 176K on it, probably not worth it. It ran its course with me, so now its time to cut it up at the fire department and i get to use the value of the car as a tax break.

went shopping today. looked at a few 06-10 silverado 1500's. nothing stuck out at me but i have my friends at the dealership looking at auctions for me to find one. So hope to soon have one of those. I like the body style of the 05-early 07. but the late 07-10's are starting to grow on me, not to mention flex fuel is looking like a good option as well. I know either will tow my car so im not worried there. its just down to finding the one i want, with the options i want.

Oh please don't get a crappy ass Silverado. The IFS sucks balls big time. Get a Ford f250 or 350 that has a solid axle front end. Trust me you will regret IFS.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:36 PM
I wont go ford. We have dealt with our local Chevy dealership for almost 20 years and they always take care of us VERY WELL. They earned my business and are by far the best dealership I have ever dealt with. Im a chevy man at heart and will always be. I like how they look and feel. The IFS doesnt bother me since its going to be a tow/winter vehicle anyway. Probably only see 15K a year, if that.

my dads got an 06 and I love that truck. Thought about buying it off him so he can upgrade to a '10 crew cab. but I want a dark colored truck. In reality im looking for one thats anything but white. whether it be a GMC or Chevy, I think im pretty set on the new body style of them.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:17 PM
If it's mainly for towing, are you considering the Duramax turbo-diesel?

I have no signiture
Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:31 PM
Whalesac wrote:If it's mainly for towing, are you considering the Duramax turbo-diesel?

was at first, and if i was it would be an LBZ but those alone are 30K.

The truck will be my winter truck and to tow my car to the track. thats about it. or a whenever I want truck.

pretty settled on the 08 gmc sierra's. They are flex fuel which i can see myself using out here and i like the way they look. otherwise its a silverado same year. anything but white.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search