wow this is weird - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wow this is weird
Thursday, June 02, 2011 1:47 PM
so found this on craigslist, just thought i'd make sure im not the only one seeing that everything is in reverse............

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/2417325371.html

Re: wow this is weird
Thursday, June 02, 2011 1:52 PM
nope its probably jdm rhd spec

Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:49 PM

somebody is trolling. pics are reversed. look at the e-brake and look at the motor pic, everything is backwards. the motor does not go on that side of the bay.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 4:20 PM
mirrored pic ftw lol

Dave

Monday, June 06, 2011 4:51 PM
Monday, June 06, 2011 11:26 PM
Lars wrote:how bout this 'un....

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2392661707.html

thats a killer deal for the price TBO.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 4:08 PM
Honestly, it kinda isn't depending on the top issues. Replacing a top costs a lot of money. You are looking at $1600 for the Cavalier and $800-1000 to have a top replaced properly. Then you have got a $2600 1998 Cavalier that "needs a fuel pump". I don't trust seller diagnoses though. "fuel pump going out" could be a number of bigger things.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 5:35 PM
While this is true, the motors for the top can be had for 50 bucks off ebay. The top, well if you can get lucky and just get the whole assembly from a JY then the price drops from 800 to more like 100-300 depending on where u get it from. I do agree with the fuel pump thing. But I'm also sure if u showed up with 1000 cash he might let it go. The mileage and the body (from the pics) and interior look to be good, and the mileage is low for that year. Hense why I said it was a steal. Altho I'm sure you can get it lower then he is asking. Actually I had juicnbst recently text me with a pic and price od a 00 sunfire gt vert and they wanted 1500 but it had 161k on it so the miles do make a diffrence when it comes to price of the car. I still think that's a deal if they will come down on the price. But also I'm my own mechanic so those issues aren't that big a problem for me. Especially since I recently bought a 99 vert Z for 100 bucks and stripped it for my girls car. Sometimes u can get real lucky with something like that.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 6:01 PM
If you don't find the whole assembly ready to bolt on, you no longer are your own mechanic because I HIGHLY suggest against trying to install a new vert top. If you can't get it, frame and all, take it to a pro.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:29 PM
its a rhd cav.... get a top later for crist sakes!
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:30 PM
Lars wrote:its a rhd cav.... get a top later for crist sakes!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wow.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:32 PM
...?
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:44 PM
The picture is just reverse Lars. Not really a RHD... I know it is hard to believe, but it's true. Do you want a hug?? It's free

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:00 PM
lol ok ass i see it now but jesus i really had to look.

ps, that IS where the ebrake is located on the toyo console....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:03 PM
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:35 PM
right..... it's the same on US models. The ebrake didn't change spots. You notice the fog switch panel, and most of all THE TOYOTA emblem on the wheel in the pic you posted?

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 11:21 PM
yep, located next to the driver seat. Same on the real RHD and if the image gets reversed. It is hard to tell though when you don't see them at all in this country. Lots of small differences.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 11:38 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:If you don't find the whole assembly ready to bolt on, you no longer are your own mechanic because I HIGHLY suggest against trying to install a new vert top. If you can't get it, frame and all, take it to a pro.

Meh, I have done tops without the whole mechanical assembly, so yes, if your NOT a mechanic then take it to someone. I agree.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 7:58 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:right..... it's the same on US models. The ebrake didn't change spots. You notice the fog switch panel, and most of all THE TOYOTA emblem on the wheel in the pic you posted?

if by same you mean right beside driver then yep. but it does in-fact change locations between the different consoles, just remains same relative to driver.

and yes, i saw the toyo emblem on the wheel, the pic in the cl ad wasnt clear, i had to look at an actual toyo cav to see if the emblem was reversed sides. cuz you cant tell if its a chevy emblem or a toyo in the cl ad.. well, at least i couldnt anyway.

either way, its no biggie. its not a toyo cav, end of story!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search