Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 241 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:17 PM
This?

Friday, April 22, 2011 5:36 AM
close trevor but the one he needs is just below that...

its the one that goes in the bottom that sits on the two line up pins. i know exactly which one you mean cody because paul lost his last engine build and he bought one off me. and ur right, they WONT sell you just that gasket.

have you tried gm for it? they might actually... if not i can see if i have any more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 22, 2011 5:37 AM

Friday, April 22, 2011 11:55 AM
yea you can buy every seperate gasket through GM however you cant how ever buy them in a set lol

MP-62 Intercooled 2.9" Pulley
Friday, April 22, 2011 12:52 PM
Yea I was just down at hoak motors and they wanna sell me a set too. The set they will sell me includes the gasket I need along with the 2 little gaskets that go behind the timing gears. That is ok but they want 76 bucks for those 3 little gaskets! So might try motor parts central now or say @!#$ it and go with a 5 dollar tube of rtv. Any other ideas would be awesome tho guys.
Thanks for your help so far.

Friday, April 22, 2011 1:28 PM
Rockauto.com?

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Friday, April 22, 2011 1:34 PM
What would a base model 1996. Cav. Bring for a parts car? 2.2 with around 140k? My womans car took a deal a while back....need an idea of a price to list it for....would 500 be too much?

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Friday, April 22, 2011 4:15 PM
It depends on what the body and interior look like. Is the engine blown? Transmission shot? 2dr/4dr? If there is anything wrong with the engine or tranny, I would say that $350 is probably in the right area. In reality though, a car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.
Friday, April 22, 2011 7:23 PM
No go on rockauto either. Thanks tho

Friday, April 22, 2011 8:54 PM
So since my funds are slim right now and i cant seem to find JUST the gasket i need should i just patch it up with RTV for now??? Or wait?? What do u guys think?? Brad i know your an expert lol..whats your advice?

Saturday, April 23, 2011 9:01 AM
It may, or may not leak. The only way to know is to try it. Also be careful not to get too messy with that stuff in there. RTV isnt very forgiving if you get it on some of those components.
Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:23 PM
honestly with as leaky as LD9's already are id be weary of using rtv there man...

Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:58 PM
Ok thanks for your help guys. I think ill just wait for some money and get the gasket. Rather be safe than sorry. M mechanic in town suggested "right stuff" but ya ill wait. Thanks again for all the help

Sunday, April 24, 2011 5:52 PM
What's new with everyone....how's pauls car running?

Sunday, April 24, 2011 7:46 PM
oh man... paul got it running this week. first drive was last night. he said it sounds phenomenal.

best part? cranking pressure (compression) test yielded 190ish psi last year... now its got 250-255 (actually has rings that seal now! lol)

if that thing doesnt pull high 12's and at least 225whp ill be very surprised.

Monday, April 25, 2011 8:49 PM
I can't wait to see it. Is he coming to the SCR meet next weekend?
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:33 PM
doubt it knowing paul.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:55 AM
Cody Van Dieren wrote:So since my funds are slim right now and i cant seem to find JUST the gasket i need should i just patch it up with RTV for now??? Or wait?? What do u guys think?? Brad i know your an expert lol..whats your advice?

Don't use RTV!! Just wait and use the right gasket. I have been there done that. Plus if it the RTV does leak which I am sure it would it is way too time consuming to tear it all apart to fix.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:58 AM
Trevor Blesh wrote:I can't wait to see it. Is he coming to the SCR meet next weekend?

I will be there most likely with the GTO. Hopefully Paul shows. I want to race!

Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:04 AM
2003 kAWASAKI NINJA ZX6RR FOR SALE

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/2349745620.html

Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:38 AM
lol wade why did you just buy that and are turning right around trying to sell it?

anyways, anybody know of a black cavalier in sioux falls thats turboed? supposidly dynoed 240whp yesterday at excessive. got this info from a reliable source too...

Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:50 PM
Anyone have any interest in a silver 2001 cavy, automatic, around 160k on body and trans, engine has about 90k. Coolant leak someplace. Bought another jbody looking to sell the one im not driving anymore. Has a crack in the winsheild. New speakers in the back...pioneers I think. Only thing I ever did to it was put in an aem intake on it...power windows,locks,mirrors. A.c inop but holds a charge and compressor works if I use a jumper wire to it from the battery...... if any interest I can get pics....thought I would give you guys first dibs bfore I craigslist it. Make an offer. Body is in gozod condition...minor dings and scratches...was my de. Little rust on the inside lower lip of drivers door

Friday, April 29, 2011 10:44 AM
z yaaaa wrote:lol wade why did you just buy that and are turning right around trying to sell it?

After coming from an R1 this bike just does not do it for me. Not even so much the power and speed difference. It is more about the way it feels to ride. My R1 fit me like a glove.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 12:14 PM
Well I traded the bike for this truck. Anyone know someone looking to buy a truck or a 6cyl camaro?
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2359002559.html
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2359894471.html

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 7:38 PM
So I got to say... Kit is on... My cobalt looks insane. Haha

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 8:21 PM

Lol what do you guys think? Picture was taken with my iPhone 4

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search