Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 246 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Thursday, July 07, 2011 3:21 PM
yeah thats ok i dont have any money.

and on the topic of painting bumpers and such ive rarely seen items that have paint that actually stay nice without spider cracking and chipping easily. a lot aftermarket paint jobs suck balls IMO, even 'quality' body shops fail a lot of the time from what ive seen.

Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:05 AM
Things coming together on my build order a bunch of stuff.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:43 AM
well this coming saturday im going to a ew pull it to see if i cant finially find a 2.4 and maybe get my car going before end the summer and i finally got the front filler plate for my car

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:26 AM
^ like!

Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:39 PM
If i had time. To get away from work hell id go down there and look around for some parts. Hey cody get me a ecu from a 97 or 98 manual cav or grand am if you can find any. I need one for the purple eco eater.

Monday, July 18, 2011 5:37 PM
ill see theres one m5 there z24

Monday, July 25, 2011 5:51 PM
Just an update...

Things Purchased:
Eaton M62 w/ GMS2 hub. Comes with 3.0", 2.8" and Stock size pulley that will bolt up. Also will come with a new coupler incase in needs rebuilt down the line.
Intake manifold w/ dual pass
Option B Tank
Hoses
Intercooler pump and mount
Stock Heat Exchanger
Cobra Heat Exchanger (Running Both)
LSJ Ported TB
Siemens 60# Injectors

Things Needed:
Step Colder Plugs
Spacer for Meth Kit (Will come after card is up and running)
2.5 bar Map sensor in order to read my IAT2s (Should stay below 130-140 )

Everything is going to the powder coater this week before installing in October. Going to be running a 2.9" Pulley with mild tune... guessing to be around 250-260whp.

Also my dad was able to get my JBP Vortex header welded up for free So that was a score. It's going on with a ZZP 2.5" Catted Downpipe to a stock LSJ exhaust and Dynomax muffler.

Exciting

Monday, July 25, 2011 5:56 PM
Oh also forgot...

I bought a B&M Shiftplus and B&M Tranny cooler to go with the new transmission.

Anybody have any hook-ups for some Dexron VI?

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:14 PM
blowa?!

what happened to the turboooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:31 AM
For the power that i want out of the car this is a more practical route.

The whole blower setup I got for like $700. Then add in the Injectors the cobra heat exchanger and gauges I'm sitting right at a grand.

Or I can get a turbo setup and have $3000 just in parts.

On a side note: Got my JBP Vortex header put in yesterday.. what a BITA. Had to move the coolant pipe on the back side of the block down about 1/4" and then the gasket was seeping a little fluid. So I said screw it (Took like 6 hours to get the header behind the block) I bought so High tempature gasket maker and just filled the pipe with probably 1/4" worth of gasket maker. I doubt it's ever leaking.

Take it around the block, sounds awesome, stop and check... no leaks. Corey decides to get on it hard to see how it sounds and we soon after realized that the O2 Plug that came with the header (Blocks off the wideband bung) wasn't torqued down but hand tight. So it rattled itself loose and blew off.... I"m driving a monster truck right now. .

So Wideband will plug the hole anyway, i will drive it in monster mode until friday, no big deal.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:46 AM
what bout beastly new motor?

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:27 PM
How much am I looking to spend on a 95-99 Shell? Cavi I prefer

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:16 PM
Got to pay for a wedding first brad. Ashley decided she didn't want to work and student teach at the same time. So my income won go as far now. With that being send, when she gets done in 4 months I have permission to go balls deep.

This should still produce a very respectable amount of power.

Friday, July 29, 2011 7:01 AM
sounjds good man

Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:19 PM
Looks like Tommy (Brutus) is moving on...

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/2522087321.html

I remember working on that thing years ago My car got stuck at his parents house while we were trying to push in my CAB bushings haha.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 10:45 AM
wake up

Sunday, August 14, 2011 10:31 PM
Anyone have any stock or steel wheels they could stand to part with. I need some winter shoes for the car

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Monday, August 15, 2011 9:51 PM
In the Omaha area there are a few tire places that sell steelies rather cheap. Do you already have rubber for them or still trying to figure that part out?
Monday, August 15, 2011 10:14 PM
Will have to get rubber. Just need something for this winter so im not getting salt n crap on my 17's

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Monday, August 22, 2011 5:56 PM
Brad, do you still have a 2.4L laying around?

Buying a 2001 Cavalier Z24 for a winter ride for $400 Motor has a knock but the body is clean.

Monday, August 22, 2011 6:23 PM
nothing built and ready to go...

Monday, August 22, 2011 6:41 PM
Car has a 2.4L with 67,000 miles but has a rod knock.. Guy only wants $400 for the car. Body isn't perfect, but nothing unrepairable.

Monday, August 22, 2011 8:41 PM
Steve W wrote:Car has a 2.4L with 67,000 miles but has a rod knock.. Guy only wants $400 for the car. Body isn't perfect, but nothing unrepairable.

i got a built engine callin its name haha

MP-62 Intercooled 2.9" Pulley
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:20 AM
Details?? And How much? I talked the guy down to $350. Rear quarters have the typical rust spots and it needs a new passenger fender. Dad has given the green line to use the 4th car garage and do the body work.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:44 PM
Gdamn! People all over the Omaha area have been blowing up Z24's left and right lately.

But...I drove mine to Sioux City and raced it with practically no oil in it (not my fault) and quite literally beat the hell out of it on a regular basis and the @!#$ still gets about 34mpg. Has a pretty nasty oil leak. But I'm just sayin...it still runs, and runs quite well. *knocks on wood*
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search