Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 55 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:05 PM
I feel bad for not being able to make it, but I gotta work. And my J is not in the best of shape at the moment.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803

Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:07 AM
almost time guys!!! im not bringing the grill bc its burried. but I am bringing water and pop and a cooler with ice. And im also bringing a ezup so we have some shade. cant wait guys!! 3 cars washed ready to go!!!

Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:07 PM
First one here again lol. Hell of a day to have it, there's some District #14 picnic you gotta drive through and then there's a bunch of damn people in our normally quiet area.
Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:48 PM
On my way, in someone else's turbo cav.

Monday, June 24, 2013 8:01 AM
Hey Mike and all the other guys,

It was nice to meet up with all of you on Sunday. The name of the place I got my headlamps was Dreamconcepts Ebay Motor. You can reach them at soin88@yahoo.com. Thanks for your comments on my car. They are really appreciated.

John
Monday, June 24, 2013 11:23 AM
John, glad to see you were finally able to.make it out to.one of them!!!.

Now to plan next months meet. End of July earky August was the consensus of everyone that was there till the end. So with that said these are the dates we can do it. Or if people feel like, we can have one in July and one in August. but thats to be determined. Here are the dates of possibles. 7/27, 7/28 or 8/10, 8/11. Both are saturday or a sunday. both are more then a month away. so hows it.look guys. you post up. maybe this.time wd can have a bbq and shoot the @!#$ more. Maybe even go somewhere after the meet (if its saturday) and bs some more and hangout (bar, lot with other cars/ppl) such like that. whatever u guys feel, post it.up!!. We had a great turnout this meet, but I.know there are more out there and if nobody posts there showing up, nobody knows who all will be there. so come on, lets make it known what dates are good for everyone!!!

Monday, June 24, 2013 7:50 PM
I'm down for whatever, it was nice to shoot the @!#$ and take the red car out granted It let me down in the spinning tire department. and I need to ditch the band clamp on the exhaust and swap to a 3 bolt for the rear as it clunked the whole way home since the pipe slowly rotated closer to the rear beam axle and fix the wipers. It sucked pulling over on 355 to wait it out.

If not too many people can make it out next time I'd be willing to have people over at my house, we have plenty of room and the grill is already there maybe install some parts if people can't where they live. Otherwise I hope to have the dakota up and on the road to bring out next time.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:49 AM
thats always a idea. I like that too. And jeff u have seen my house so.you know we can do it there also alot of.room, garage, and such and grill too. so however u guys wanna do this ket us know!!!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:08 AM
That sounds good too mike, whatever works out for the group as far as driving distance.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 8:33 PM
Any of those two weekends will be ok for me...just let me know.
John
Monday, July 01, 2013 10:08 AM
The August dates work best for me.

Dave

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:07 PM
Ok, 8/1- & 8/11 are winning, anyone else???

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:35 PM
Should be good on those dates

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:54 PM
I might be able to get either day off once I know which one it is.

Friday, July 05, 2013 11:48 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm gonna do the "Hey, I'm the new guy and this is my first post on this forum" bit... So what's up? I am new! Hi.

Now that I got that over with. I ran across this post and thought it would be kinda cool to meet up with some other folks in the area that are crazy enough to mess around with J's. I know I missed the last meet this month, but I should be around in August. Again you guys were thinking the 10th or the 11th? And cuz I live all the way out in Dekalb I am not familiar with where it is being hosted.

Thanks guys,

Buddy

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3817973/1996-chevrolet-cavalier/

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." -Henry Ford

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:38 AM
Craig Fugman wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm gonna do the "Hey, I'm the new guy and this is my first post on this forum" bit... So what's up? I am new! Hi.

Now that I got that over with. I ran across this post and thought it would be kinda cool to meet up with some other folks in the area that are crazy enough to mess around with J's. I know I missed the last meet this month, but I should be around in August. Again you guys were thinking the 10th or the 11th? And cuz I live all the way out in Dekalb I am not familiar with where it is being hosted.

Thanks guys,

Buddy

wow, just looked at your link and cant believe you stuck it out like you did. I would have been done a LONG time ago! Props for staying with it. Looking forward to more pics!

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:49 PM
mini hey craig, and.welcome. hopefully you can make it out!!

Now I have some bad news.on my end. I didnt realise but the aug weekend is the same weekend I go.camping. so I cant make it that weekend. now if u guys wanna have it one of those days, obviously its cool. but I propose to move it to the weekend of 23rd-24th. if not we can stay with the dates we have and I.just wont be there. or maybe we can do two meets haha. however you guys wanna do just post it up!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:25 PM
mt best times during august, 10, or 30 or 31 will be ok. Hope that works for you guys.
Friday, July 12, 2013 9:14 PM
Either will work, I just need to definitely know which date it is before I pass a few dates in to my manager to get them off.

Friday, July 12, 2013 9:20 PM
Well, you guys tell me. Only the ones at the end of AUG work for me. I didnt realize when I said I would go camping It was the same dates as the meet. So you guys tell me. 7/27-7-28 and 8/24-8-25 work for me. What dates work for you guys!!!

Friday, July 12, 2013 10:24 PM
End of August would work best for me.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:20 PM
Agreed end of august, turns out i have a wedding to go to on one of the original august days we were talking about. Also down for doing something in july.

Dave

Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:01 PM
I don't hang around jbo too often anymore. I would be willing to come hang out again, but I won't be in the cav...and I'm pretty sure my grill won't fit in the MX5.

I have no signiture
Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:47 AM
Okay, I hate to pester about this, but I have to know which day we are going to do so I can submit it to my manager. Is it gonna be the 24th, 25th, 30th, or 31st?

Sunday, July 21, 2013 9:31 AM
Hey, Thanks! Yeah it had been a rough an very expensive road. Like Tom Hanks in the movie "Money Pit"! But finally it is done withe the exception of a few odds and ends. More pics will be posted soon on my Car Domain page very soon... once I find the time to sift through all the pics to find some good ones.

But thanks again and I hope I can make it to the next meet. The end of August seems to be alright for me asof right now. Oh and if anyone wants to make it out west, Sycamore is hosting their once a year car show. Its a really good event... and big too! If ya stop by you'll know which cav is mine/probably the only cav there!

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." -Henry Ford

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search