Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 17 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Sunday, January 06, 2008 1:21 PM
yeah the 02 was the last year of the square style headlights... the 05 that i have has the new style

Sunday, January 06, 2008 1:57 PM
3rd Generation:

95-99 smaller and longer style (sharky looking)
00-02 larger more 'fish eyed' looking the lenses (headlight and corner) split apart where the hood comes down
03-05 gheyest looking ones yet ( hahaha fawk you 03-05 boys), corner is part of the light, kinda odd shaped.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 3:36 PM
z yaaaa wrote:3rd Generation:

95-99 smaller and longer style (sharky looking)
00-02 larger more 'fish eyed' looking the lenses (headlight and corner) split apart where the hood comes down
03-05 gheyest looking ones yet ( hahaha fawk you 03-05 boys), corner is part of the light, kinda odd shaped.

your the gayest looking one yet dont hate me, 03-05 have the best option of a kit im proof haha.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:29 PM
if any one gives a crap i have a set of bosch projectors (bifocal lenses, h3 bulb) 50 bucks, i live in columbus but drive to omaha often. and the 03-05 head lights look the best....espically with projectors

Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:33 PM
wrong, my headlights look the best.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 6:10 PM
wow your opinonated.....

Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:31 PM
I usually do all my retro's with D2S Style Projectors, with Bi-xenons. Meaning both Hi and Low beams. I'm just trying to find the cheapest set of headlights for him so I can make them nice, but not costing $650.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:56 PM

What was that you were sayin bout 03-05's there Brad...

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Sunday, January 06, 2008 8:17 PM
Screw 03's... we love 06's

Sunday, January 06, 2008 11:00 PM
actually i have seperate hi and lo beams.... just like the cavs =o)
Monday, January 07, 2008 8:33 AM
im just breakn balls boys.

i love them all.

Monday, January 07, 2008 2:13 PM
Steve W wrote:Screw 03's... we love 06's

I HATE slowbalts...w/ a passion. How dare GM KILL the J for this limp dick replacement of a sport compact.

Monday, January 07, 2008 3:43 PM
260hp is hardly limp dick.

Monday, January 07, 2008 4:53 PM
Guys remember that's flywheel hp, not whp. I'd give that car about 210 @ the wheels givin the sloppieness that is usually in the GM mounts. Not impressed...yet. Give it a lil while and MAYBE I'll be a believer, as for now, yeah so what it's the most powerful factory GM 4 cylinder...and w/ that and a few bucks you can go get yourself a happy meal to go along w/ the boy racer wing on the back. 260 doesn't impress people that have more than that. So GM finally caught on to what a lot of the guys have been doing for quite some time, and they are still a few years behind. Let's not forget that hp will come w/ a hefty price tag too, probably somewhere around the 25k-30k mark. Yeah I'm a slobalt hater, there are very few that have actually EARNED my respect. Actually only 2 come to mind, ZSpeed's Silver Spoilerless S/C'd balt and his brother's red one, even though Justin still hasn't ditched the wing.

*end rant*

Monday, January 07, 2008 5:17 PM
the supercharged balts are rated at 205 crank, most do at least that in WHP. im saying the turbo version will be putting down at least 230whp, and well.. if you go by the same standards as the s/c version being underrated, we could very easily see 250whp out of the turbo version (theoretically).

im saying with a tune, full exhaust and a few minor upgrades here n there beyond that these new balts will be throwing down 300whp in no time. and thats in basically stock trim.

im sorry curt, but if somebody offered me a trade, a new 08 ss t/c for BOTH of my cav's AND even wanted 5000 cash, id do it

ive always wanted a cobalt ss, and always will until i finally get one. someday i hope.

Monday, January 07, 2008 7:08 PM
I know how you feel about the balts, but that doesn't change my opinion at all. Cosmetically I think they are ok at best, they just look funny to me, and their performance has always been EXTREMEMLY overrated.

Quote:

im saying with a tune, full exhaust and a few minor upgrades here n there beyond that these new balts will be throwing down 300whp in no time. and thats in basically stock trim.

What stock turbo car can't do that?

Monday, January 07, 2008 8:02 PM
who cares what other cars can do, if we focus on our own we wont have to worry about "competition"

------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 07, 2008 8:18 PM
**Admin, change my name to competition.*

May I remind you I drive an LT Coupe. Same motor that's in your little scooter. The only advantages I noticed between my cavalier and the cobalt is everything is Dual-ply steel. It's quiet!

If all your rating the car on is Horsepower your missing the target market in which chevy tried to sell the cobalt SS to. What other car has Leather Heated Seated, Power Everything, Moonroof, 6- Speaker Sound system with MP3/WMA and Aux input, supercharged, 18" wheels all for a price tag under 20 grand. Sure you could pop another skittle but they are power nothing, cloth seats, crappy radio... Motor with bucket seats lets call it the Street Racing Technology!

I like my cobalt. It's not fast, but I thought they looked better than the 03-05 base model cavaliers my dad was trying to get me to buy.

Monday, January 07, 2008 8:33 PM
I agree with skunk on this one. The front end lokks OK to me but the rear is huge and fugly like a damn neon. To make matters worse they put a giant wing on it and give jack up the rear end like it is on stilts.I am really not impressed either. Just like they did with the GTO they focus on giving it power everything and jack the price up beyond what the performane market wants to pay. So it winds up cheaper to build a cavy into what you want then buy a cobalt. You know why the SRT-4 was such a big hit. It is cheap and fast. Once again GM is behind the curve. They have the right idea with the concepts but then they release an underpowered not as apealing looks wise car. I love my car because of what I have made it not because GM is the on top of the curve because if anything they are and have always been way behind it. There you have it I am a GM hater who drives a GM.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, January 07, 2008 8:47 PM
I guess I don't belong on this site anymore...damn cobalt.

Mine has a low wing, nicer front end... and was cheap.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 7:48 AM
huh? why do you guys all assume i want an SS for the performance factor?

its the whole car, and to me... idk, most of you know how i am. i would much rather start off with a brand new car then keep trying to make mine brand new-which is something i'll never be able to accomplish.

the fact of the matter is, im stuck, i cannot buy a brand new car. at least not until we make WAY more money and that aint going to happen for a long while.

personally, i think the looks of an SS blow away the looks of an srt-4, a lot of the hate cuz its got a huge wing? ok, so swap it for an N/A SS, LS, or 'Sport' wing. more than likely i'd ditch the wing completly anyway.

undderated and underpowered?? i remember reading about the SS in 05 when they first came out, a few magazines and such... they were all dynoing the car's and were getting power all the way up to the rev limiter. you could see the gragh, it would DIE when it hit the limiter. and dont forget what i said, the stock S/C cars are rated at 205 at the crank, most over on css.net have been dynoing at least that to the wheels. how is that overrated?

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 2:22 PM
Overrated in the sence that they are NOT the best option you've got. Boost what you've got and you will no longer be in awe of this car.

Quote:

who cares what other cars can do, if we focus on our own we wont have to worry about "competition"

Didn't I beat you BADLY the last time I was out there...lol. It's a joke not meant to be taken seriously. I'm just busting your ass a lil bit.

Quote:

If all your rating the car on is Horsepower your missing the target market in which chevy tried to sell the cobalt SS to. What other car has Leather Heated Seated, Power Everything, Moonroof, 6- Speaker Sound system with MP3/WMA and Aux input, supercharged, 18" wheels all for a price tag under 20 grand. Sure you could pop another skittle but they are power nothing, cloth seats, crappy radio... Motor with bucket seats lets call it the Street Racing Technology!

Under 20k, excuse me, I believe that would be the used price.

As for you're lil comment about power nothing and cloth seats and a crappy radio...I know you're not talking about my car. Only one of those applies to mine, and wait, oh yeah, while they may be cloth, they are still racing seats. Sorry the leather option just doesn't appeal to me all that much. And that sound system you speak of, yeah same one was in my car stock, I've since upgraded to a complete Blaupunkt system, w/ Pioneer headunit. With the exception of the aux input, but hey I got that now. Let's see 18's, meh, been there done that, going back to 17's. And I wouldn't waste my time w/ a supercharger, well I did at one point. Let's see I've pretty much addressed everything let's see what you got to say next.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 4:24 PM
... I was talking about the SRT-4, not your cavalier. So cool the steam engine down there bud.

Pioneer > Blaupunkt Blaupunkt = Sister' company of Jensen.

I envy the rest of your car

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 4:39 PM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:Didn't I beat you BADLY the last time I was out there...lol. It's a joke not meant to be taken seriously. I'm just busting your ass a lil bit.

8psi vs 15psi hmm..

We'll see what happens this season

------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 4:52 PM
Quote:

We'll see what happens this season

I'll be there in June...be ready.

I'll even run at the same boost you do to make things fair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 08, 2008 4:55 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search