Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 234 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:32 AM
z yaaaa wrote:lol all of which doesnt corespond to the j-body world.

im buying an intake, how much hp do i get? go to menards and make ur own. ROFL thats all we get.

And run 13's all motor and beat a Honda Prelude with more parts thrown at it, and more crank HP stock.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:38 AM
Oh, and Brad that EP3 Honda Civic Si I beat Sat night had headwork done, cams, I/H/E, suspension, and wheels. Apparently they are rated at 160hp stock, and I still beat him by a car and a half during a 2nd gear roll race, and about 3 cars from a dig.

He was a cool guy, but I'm sure he was kicking himself in the ass after spending about 16k on the car and another 3k in mods, and still lost to my 12yr old pretty much stock highschool girls car.
Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:31 PM
one of my buddys has a 800+ hp evo in his garage right now and i believe he said it has over 40k into it
Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:22 PM
well what good is a car that sits in the garage?! get that ish out! hahaha

(yeah, yeah... i know... blow me you a-holes! )

Underdog Racing
Friday, October 29, 2010 11:13 AM
^^pot meet kettle! Had to!
Friday, October 29, 2010 11:14 AM
My dog had 7 puppies this morning.

Friday, October 29, 2010 11:54 AM
I want a puppy but I dont think my wife would be cool with it.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, October 29, 2010 11:56 AM
ogre wrote:one of my buddys has a 800+ hp evo in his garage right now and i believe he said it has over 40k into it

What is his name or the name he goes by on the forums? Is he on Midwestevos.com?

Friday, October 29, 2010 1:47 PM
wade... u can buy one of ours.

name it something to do with a car like me and paul did. LOL

Underdog Racing
Friday, October 29, 2010 9:36 PM
so... after a year of it sitting in my garage i finally got the junkyard HO torn down.

its got .50mm over pistons (.020) and basically the inside looks clean. @!#$ bag head, no idea what it is but its small so no use! id say somewhere under 100k miles, still has hatch marks in cylinders and no ring ridge. oil in it is was GROSS. come on people change ur oil more than every 10,000 freaking miles. /facepalm

plan is re-ring and hone, new bearings, clean, clean, clean, all new gaskets, and a .020 decked 086 head and arp head studs. then she's destined for a hard life in the black car!

Underdog Racing
Sunday, October 31, 2010 5:23 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:
ogre wrote:one of my buddys has a 800+ hp evo in his garage right now and i believe he said it has over 40k into it

What is his name or the name he goes by on the forums? Is he on Midwestevos.com?

the guy that has it in his garage his name is trevor he works at autozone here in fort dodge and goes to school its either his friends or brothers evo (wasn't listing to much i was drooling over the evo) that he is storing while their in Afghanistan but he has the keys and was told to drive it like he stole it

Sunday, October 31, 2010 9:03 PM
i want e 85

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Tuesday, November 02, 2010 1:29 PM
ogre wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:

the guy that has it in his garage his name is trevor he works at autozone here in fort dodge and goes to school its either his friends or brothers evo (wasn't listing to much i was drooling over the evo) that he is storing while their in Afghanistan but he has the keys and was told to drive it like he stole it

That is crazy. I would love to see some pics of it especially engine bay pics!

Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:08 PM
Ill see what i can do about pics ill pry b over at his place sometime this week
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:18 PM
Why the hell is this thread so @!#$ dead?
Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:28 AM
i havent posted yet this month

Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:21 PM
omg awesome... used a wrench to try and wedge the inner tie rod to get the jamb nut off for the OUTTER tie rod and it sprung back and smacked me RIGHT in the corner of my left eye.

its getting all puffy and swollen.

Underdog Racing
Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:34 PM
Don't lie. Mel whooped your ass for talking back.

But ouch man sounds like that would @!#$ hurt!
Friday, November 12, 2010 6:35 AM
The cavy got some more love the past couple days. I replaced a few broken interior plastic pieces. The interior is now in top notch condition. It just needs a little meguiars to shine everything up. I put new Duralast Gold rotors and Cmax pads on it. This was what I ran on the 2002 and for the price you just can't beat them. I also took and got it aligned. I put new wiper blades on it and painted the wiper blade arms. Oh and the biggest improvement. It finally has a CD player. It is this one here http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028604&pathId=149&page=1 I ran the remote wire and RCA cables to the CD player as well for a little boom boom in my trunk. I have a couple different options there as far as the sub/amp/box combo but it will most likely be a single 12" Rockford Fosgate sub and whatever the matching Rockford Fosgate amp and box was sold with it. This came with the tan camaro. The previous owner bought the three as a combo deal.

I have a 12" Alpine Type R I'm going to get tested here today. I want some confirmation it is good. If it is it will be for sale. I also have a box for it actually two of them.

Friday, November 12, 2010 8:17 AM
Alpine sub omhed out as having a bad voice coil. I was told it is not really repairable. So it went in the trash.

Vanessa is going to start driving the camaro until winter hits hard. The Jeep has been costing us 50 bucks a week in gas and the camaro literally uses half that. It has 4 matching brand new all season tires that are actually the wrong size. Not so great for dry traction but much better for snow driving. The are one size skinnier and one size taller. In the hatch there is storage space perfect for fitting 2 sand tubes. All things combined with it's ABS and traction control I have no doubt it will get around as good as the cavalier in the winter.

Speaking of the cavalier the tires on it are well worn. I have 4 of the Goodyear Eagle RSA tires that came stock on the LS Sport rims with about 65-70% tread left. Even new those things are not very good in the snow so I'm undecided on if I should buy brand new tires that are all season but with a better tread pattern or just mount those. I have to do something before it starts snowing though. If the snow is bad I will deliver in the Jeep. I still need to get the heating element in the seat fixed and replace the heated mirror. They both went bad at the same time.

The evo has been parked since I need 330 to renew the registration. I took it to a local subaru meet a few weeks ago in Ankeny which is one of those towns where the cops have nothing better to do than pull you over. And you guessed it I got pulled over as I was pulling into the parking lot where the meet was. Right in front of all the Subaru guys. I thought he was going to hassle me about my exhaust but instead it was for the expired tags. The cop was drooling over my evo. I had a friend with me and he said the cop said my car was "nice" 6 times that he counted. He wrote me a warning ticket which does not have a fine or any impact with the DOT so it was no biggie. It will get renewed by the end of the month though.

The only problem with owning 4 cars is they all need your money and time one way or another.

Friday, November 12, 2010 10:38 AM
Ain't that the truth. I just bought a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer for the winter. So as of right now, including the Probe, I have 4 cars and it's just me.

Wade, wouldn't it be better to buy a pair of Blizzacks and mount them on the front and run the better of the others in the rear. At least for winter, then worry about new all seasons in the spring?

Friday, November 12, 2010 2:04 PM
If I buy snow tires I might as well buy all four. Putting tires that will grip really well in the front and ones that don't grip in the rear could lead to the back end coming around on me. There is a huge discussion about puting the best tires on the rear always regardless of which wheels are driven. Here is a link to it. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=offtopic&i=758853&t=758853&p=1

Friday, November 12, 2010 3:39 PM
i love paying for registration on cars i dont drive. its quite awesome.

Underdog Racing
Friday, November 12, 2010 4:50 PM
hey i paid registration on my truck for 3 years before i got to drive it lol

Saturday, November 13, 2010 8:55 AM
HA! try doing it for 7 years man! (thats how long i have on my black car)

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search