Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 51 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:20 PM
I'd be up for it Mike. Considering I'm jobless at this time, I have a lot more free time when I'm not job hunting.

As for a meet, I'm down for anything indoors too, especially with all this freaky cold weather.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803

Friday, March 22, 2013 4:12 PM
You will see where to cut so that it just drops right out. you wont regret it either. makes it SO MUCH EASIER. Good luck with it. After doing it for at least a dozen times, im pretty good at it Sadly, im too far away!

Friday, March 22, 2013 4:20 PM
Yeah the sub frame cut helps a lot.....I've done it to 2 other cars and mine. Simple.....

Friday, March 22, 2013 5:33 PM
thanks guys. I got.it to the point its ready to come iut, looks like. I cut the piece off, I didnt care lol. but one question. the lower mount on the tranny, how do I get around that. seems like the main bolt that holds it to the body is blocked by the windsheild washer bottle. not sure.what to do there. other then that, I didnt yank the shafts, do u think I should?? I pulled the calipers, and the knuckles from struts, but im not sure if that will clear the trans or not. also, any one know the shaft nut size socket. other then that, anyine wanna swing thru come on. most of.u guys have my.number, if not pm me and ill give it to you. thanks guys. and maybe if/when were done with the car for the night ill buy the beers.

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:05 PM
Yes take the axles out. I want to say its a 32mm but dont quote me on that. also, to get to that bolt, just take the washer fluid reservoir out. its much easier.

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:22 PM
thanks man. its done. shes driving, I drove her to.work today. but im not sure, seems like the ckutch is.still to.light, if that makes sense, and for god only knows reason, im having a hell of a time getting her into 1st. idk. im gonna check her out tmo or later tonight. other then that shes driving. I pulled the axles and the reservior bottle. wasnt as bad as I thought. the bleeding was the worst part of it. I actually went a bought a vacuum pump to bleed it.with. might have to do it one more time to see if the pedal stiffens.up a little bit
but thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!!

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:56 PM
JUCNBST wrote:But you picked up a bike bryan.....

You know I still have a ecobox. I just want to say hi to Dave's car.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:17 PM
Rare5spd wrote:

I think somebody is missing their supercharger lol. I could prolly help with your supercharger install mike, I have the instruction manual in a PDF I can send to you. When we did my car I had ALOT of help from Jeff and Bryan on here.

Dave

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:24 PM
that would be great. I gotta get the connectors since thats all I didnt get. I have the pdf for the install, as well as a hard copy the guy sent me. but any and all help would be.nice. I wanna get this clutch broke in then I can install the SC on her and get it tuned. that I cannot wait for. trust me its killing me lol.

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:32 PM
oh and david, u had you tune done by extatorq or whatever the name, how much was it.for that tune?? my buddy is only charging me for the credits from hpt, so its not expensive, just trying to weigh out my options.

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:01 PM
Your clutch will stay soft mike. I've run spec 2 and 3 clutches act Ld9 disc on spec pressure plates. Stock gm clutch...they all had the same pedal feel.

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:13 PM
Yup I sent in an extra ECU to Exatorq and they did the GM reflash on it, havent had any issues with it, only thing was we had to do the relearn after the install and it started right up. I wanna say it was like 85 total between the flash and shipping both ways. Here is the link Exatorq if you wanted to email them with any other questions, they are great to deal with. Supposedly Ryan is coming up to tune cars sometime in the spring or whenever it gets warmer. That is another route you could go, and probably the best, which I am also looking at doing as well since I have bigger injectors and a smaller pulley just begging to be used. Vince probably would know a lot more about when he will be coming up/pricing and what not.

Dave

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:02 AM
David Fairhurst- ICEMAN 101 wrote:
Rare5spd wrote:

I think somebody is missing their supercharger lol. I could prolly help with your supercharger install mike, I have the instruction manual in a PDF I can send to you. When we did my car I had ALOT of help from Jeff and Bryan on here.

Dave

Im curious to see your car all lowered. I do miss my go fast parts. Stock sure sucks except for the gas mileage. The warm weather toy needs tires and a tax return to purchase them. Im down to hang out and BS with everybody as well.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:09 AM
I really would like to do a meet at some point. It would be good to see old faces and meet any new ones.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:39 PM
I would like to get together with all of you. Please let me know when you are going to have another get together.
John
Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:13 PM
just keep an eye out for this thread for meet info.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 10:08 AM
ok guys. I am about to.atempt.this.sc install. I have a couple questions. the MAP and IAT sensors. I didnt get the connectors for those with the kit and I know ill need them. anyone know how.I can get those and where?? let ne know soon. I wanna get this on today, or tomorrow so I wanna get all the stuff together I need today to get it done. thanks guys!!

Thursday, April 04, 2013 10:59 AM
I bought a number of my connectors online from Mouser Electronics. They are a distributer of Delphi Electronics. You can search by part number and usually you can get the connector and the terminal pieces for under a buck each prior to shipping.

http://www.mouser.com/

Friday, April 05, 2013 11:24 AM
ok I def need.help.with this lol. I noticed that the guy I bought this from used his.stock mapp sensor in the mapp hole, which is ok, but now im stuck. I have no clue where to.put the IAC, and which one to use. I was told that the IAC needs to be behind the blowrr, so.im stuck there. also, I noticed the TB adapter is not the one from gmpp, so there is no.tube for the purge, so now idk what to do with that all. just leave it and.jot worry about it.or.what. all I have left is running vacuum lines and bolt the charger to the mani, rerun the plugs for the TB. other then that, those spots have me stuck. if anyone wants to.help I can sure use it since I still dont know where to.mount the heat exhanger, or the pump. and I still need to get the car to the tuner by tomorrow se he.can tune it
if anyone wants to help, it would be.appreciated. I dont ask for help.often but this.is new to me.plus another brain on this would be best forme. let me know. thanks guys!! ill buy the beer! :-)

Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:34 AM
Any possible chance of a meet coming up?

Sunday, April 14, 2013 10:54 AM
Not sure normally mike pulls everyone out and sets it up. I'll chat with him when I head over to his house to help with the m62 setup.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:02 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Not sure normally mike pulls everyone out and sets it up. I'll chat with him when I head over to his house to help with the m62 setup.

Okay. I know there will be a get together with others from my car club tonight, plus our usual get together tomorrow night.

Monday, April 15, 2013 8:08 AM
Hey guys. Thanks again Jeff for coming out and checking out my install of my M62. Glad to know its only a pulley. I think I ordered the right one from Napa today, so we shall see. Unless you guys know anyone with a extra LSJ ider assy liying around, please let me know! I need one asap!!!

As far as a meet, you guys let me know when is a good time. Maybe during May?? How does May 11th look for everyone? Its just under a month away. We can do the normal, Busse woods, cookout, and then general BS as per our normal afterwards, then after we can figure when we are about to leave. How does this set for everyone?? Post up!! Lets get this going!! 1st meet of 2013, and alot of new toys for alot of the members here, so bring them out and show them off. Ill try and bring a couple of my cars. I know my brother inlaw wants to see us in form. Maybe ill have him drive out my wifes Eco-swapped Vert. Either way, we should be able to get a few ppl together to make it a good time. Post up!!

Monday, April 15, 2013 8:30 AM
For sure Mike. Hopefully for me that I'll be employed by then. Hope to seen everyone soon, and I might see if I can get some of the club to come along too.

Monday, April 15, 2013 11:55 AM
thats fine. the more the better.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search