Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 41 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:34 AM
1000th post.... Suck it bitches

I have no signiture

Monday, October 31, 2011 5:56 PM
Hmmm, guess my yellow car is gonna get some goodies this winter lets put it this way, it was a inexpensive kit, and will be pushing (for now) 6psi

Monday, October 31, 2011 7:47 PM
Snail or positive displacement boost?

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:32 PM
Mike- Where is the shop you're working at located? Looks like im picking up a sunfire this weekend and shes gonna need some love... I don't have your number anymore, feel free to text me or pm.
Tuesday, November 01, 2011 3:11 PM
Very nice Mike turbo or blower?

Dave

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:24 PM
Jucnbst & David, Im going turbo. Got a killer deal on a Saab kit that I just really could not pass up. So I bought it last night.

GREEKROCKSTAR, The shops name is Benchmark Tuning in Franklin Park. Ill pm you my number so U can txt me, and we can setup something and you can tell me what you need to get done and such. You can also check us out at Benchmarktuning.com also.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:55 PM
Nice to see Mike. Looks like we'll have a few more turbo J's next year.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:09 PM
im turboing my turbo so i can boost while im boosting. compound turbo ftw.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 3:43 PM
Whalesac wrote:Nice to see Mike. Looks like we'll have a few more turbo J's next year.

I know, and I cannot wait. It was shipped yesterday FEDEX and im just waiting for it to come in hehehehe. Then the car heads to my shop, goes up onto our four post lift, and will sit there until done Im pretty psyced (SP???) about it, and its gonna make my driving my Yellow J alot more fun, especially when I have the blow off, oooohhhhh, I cannot wait!!! Especially since I get a tone of Greif here in the shop for being into J's. But its okay, I will show them, one day

Thursday, November 03, 2011 3:48 PM
Damn I really need winter break to come so i can start working again. Me=needing M62 right meow. So MIke are you just going to run the vert as a DD type car now since the yellow one is going turbo?

Dave

Thursday, November 03, 2011 4:09 PM
Yeah, its just going to be a DD. I wanna play with that one too, but with my wedding coming up, if my fiancee found out I bought this, she would kill me. Especially since I spent 4000 on the car so far. Which was only suppose to be 3500. Soooo yeah, I would be a dead man hahaha. But her car will be the next one to get messed with, and with my yellow one being boosted soon, she will get to enjoy that one also. I think im gonna swap the suspension over from the white one to the yellow one, and just lower it, but these roads just suck so Im not sure I want to. But then again, with the 4x4 status I have on the yellow one right now it needs it lol. But at least I have the Eco swap in the vert so that one wont be going anywhere anytime soon If we have to sell a car it will be her vert since its all stock and, well, mine just arent lol.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 6:37 PM
I say swap the lowering stuff over to the yellow one since Im assuming wont be driving that over the winter a whole lot since you have the white one for the DD.

Btw if anyone could help me with this problem that would be great. I tried to install my shift plus a lil while back and I was able to find the right wires on the plug going into the trans, however on the eco the radiator hose is in the way and there is no slack in the wires so I couldnt pull them up to solder at all, just a tight/awkward space to work in. I tried using the connectors that came with the kit but they sucked and were a epic fail. So I thought I would just tap into the wires where they run along the firewall, however there are two red/black and light blue/white wires and Im not entirely sure which ones to tap into.

So if anyone has the pin out of the plug on the trans and the computer so I can match them up that would be awesome.

Dave

Friday, November 04, 2011 9:05 PM
OOOOOOOooooo, turbo kit should be here tmo!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH. Then HOPEFULLY, sometime in the next few weeks I can start the install. Then its gathering piping for the intercooler, and get it all setup and done. Then I can haz boosted J

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:08 PM

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:09 PM
Coated pistons...

Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:59 PM
Assuming this means you will be fixing and keeping your J?

Dave

Friday, November 11, 2011 2:56 PM
yeah.. yet again.

Monday, November 14, 2011 11:54 AM
Meet yet?

Monday, November 14, 2011 6:50 PM
I would like to

I have no signiture
Friday, November 18, 2011 1:11 PM
I've got my new....to me....ride. Decided against another J, went with something with a little more N/A potential and a hell of a lot better suspension design.

Friday, November 18, 2011 3:40 PM
iGTP wrote:I've got my new....to me....ride. Decided against another J, went with something with a little more N/A potential and a hell of a lot better suspension design.

Jbodies don't raise the bar too high in that category.

What did you decide on?

I have no signiture

Friday, November 18, 2011 7:48 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:yeah.. yet again.

Maybe you will bring it to my shop to have it tuned this time???? JP

We actually just finished a 02 Sunfire GT with a 2.4 and a M45 Charger. Came in barely idling, did some work (Closer inspection of the SC kit showed they stripped the very center bolt on the intake plenum and the head gasket was seeping coolant behind the intake plenum so we took it off sent it out to be checked for trueness and it was warped a little bit, had it shaved down, and reinstalled everything to specs, put in new spark plugs, and tuned it) and now it runs great. Even slapped it onto the dyno, and it didnt make alot of power since our dyno reads typically 20% less then a dyno jet (Mustang Dyno AKA The Heart-breaker). But all in all it feels alot better, isnt stumbling, and is seeing about 7.5lbs of boost. Not bad at all Even got a eta on when we can start working on my Saab setup, looks like when the other owner gets back from vacation (3 weeks) we will start the install on the yellow Cav, and once shes done with the turbo install, then Ill be swapping everything from the vert to the yellow car. Then shes home to sleep the winter away under a cover in my garage Im really glad I got it back.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:15 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their families. Hope all is well, and I hope everyone stuffs themselfs tonight!!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:58 PM
So did any of your asses get in line for some black friday action? I picked up a craftsman 12 in drill press got a free tool bag and cordless led work light. I also picked up a drill press vise. And home depot had a deal for a ryobi cordless two 18 volt batts and charger for 138 shipped....and the g/f got clothes..

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:02 PM
Stupid cell phone....should've said cordless hammer drill, regular drill, sawzall, circular saw, light two 18v batteriesz and charger

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search