Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 42 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:54 PM
Naaa, I wanted too, but i couldnt afford anything good. So I went and worked at my shop since I was off of my normal job. But I did get online for cyber Monday, and bought my girl a Kobo E-reader for her b-day/xmas. Hopefully she likes it

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:52 PM
I picked up the new assassins creed for 35 and the dark knight on blu ray for 5 bucks at best buy. Btw mike does your shop do exhausts?

Dave

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:39 PM
Mike-I'm sure you hit a homerun with the e reader. My old lady wants one and my buddy's wife won't stop usong hers.

Dave-Hows that assassin's creed? I was hooked on the first one, but I've been call of duty ever since then

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:18 AM
I went to Best Buy to buy another Dualshock 3 and noticed they had Playstation Move controllers half off, so I bought a couple. Other than that, not really.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:28 PM
Im liking the new assassins creed, especially since you get to play as desmond, ezio, and altair. But then again Ive been a huge fan of the series since day one and have played all the previous ones til I had noting left to do.

Dave

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:03 PM
I'll eventually grab. the other assassins creed games.

Friday, December 02, 2011 7:35 PM
Heehehehehehe

Ill just leave these here

Getting the car ready to mock up the intercooler installed. Gotta figure out how to run the piping still, but that will come.

Hmm... Whats that back there???

Yup, its on there!! Just gotta yank it back off and install the coolant housing stuff from the saab engine, and get it ready to be permanently mounted. But this was just a simple mock up. The next few pics and the next time the car drives will be to a exhaust shop to install a 2.5" back exhaust, after the whole install is done. I am so excited, I litereally cannot see what it puts down. Im going to try and get as much as I can. If I can get 230-250 out of it, I would be very happy.

Oh and Dave, no we cant do it since we dont have a bender. But we do get a deal with a local shop, and they do great work.

Friday, December 02, 2011 10:05 PM
Looks good mike! Come spring I may or may not go through that local shop you were talking about.....Ive got a little plan of my own going right now.

Dave

Saturday, December 03, 2011 10:09 AM
Looking good mike, is your guy going to tune it, or are your going to run a reflashed ecu and injectors like majority of the .org guys?

Saturday, December 03, 2011 10:39 AM
Dave, ok not a problem, keep me posted

Jeff, my guy is gonna tune it 100%. We just tuned a 02 sunfire with the LD9 and it ran 10 times better. So im gonna go that route. He is good, and has tuned a few J's before so im gonna let him do it.

Saturday, December 03, 2011 12:09 PM
Mike not to put another to do on your list of things but......since I'm willing to bet you have a 2k+ ld9 harness and computer laying around so you might consider goitn with the ld9 supercharger flash so your car could be a true speed density tune, instead of the alpha n our eco's run. Make a little more power and tune would be better....READ ALL ABOUT IT.. You could be the first ld flashed Saab boosted eco.....haha

Saturday, December 03, 2011 12:36 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Mike not to put another to do on your list of things but......since I'm willing to bet you have a 2k+ ld9 harness and computer laying around so you might consider goitn with the ld9 supercharger flash so your car could be a true speed density tune, instead of the alpha n our eco's run. Make a little more power and tune would be better....READ ALL ABOUT IT.. You could be the first ld flashed Saab boosted eco.....haha

but do you still get function of your gauges and stuff?

Saturday, December 03, 2011 12:59 PM
Travis- yes from everything I've read, and seen on my buddies ohv turbo car running the reflash.

Saturday, December 03, 2011 1:41 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Mike not to put another to do on your list of things but......since I'm willing to bet you have a 2k+ ld9 harness and computer laying around so you might consider goitn with the ld9 supercharger flash so your car could be a true speed density tune, instead of the alpha n our eco's run. Make a little more power and tune would be better....READ ALL ABOUT IT.. You could be the first ld flashed Saab boosted eco.....haha

ok I'm confused. My yellow car is a true eco car, my white one is the eco swapped Z. I don't have the harness from the LD9 but I have the LD9 computer still. Are u saying swap the harness and computer to the ecotec and then tune off that or what??

Saturday, December 03, 2011 2:10 PM
Yeah thats what I'm saying you just need the reflash for an auto and your set minus the 2 bar map.

Saturday, December 03, 2011 2:55 PM
Hmmm the LD9 idea sounds really interesting. The reason why our ecos are harder to tune reliably is because of the alpha n correct? So in theory switching over to the LD9 stuff should give us an easier way to tune (due to speed density) and also would help us make a little more power while having a more reliable/stable tune? I just kind of skimmed through that thread and thats the general idea I got form it. The extra power dosnt matter to me as much as having a more stable/reliable tune.

Dave

Sunday, December 04, 2011 10:44 AM
David Fairhurst- ICEMAN 101 wrote:Hmmm the LD9 idea sounds really interesting. The reason why our ecos are harder to tune reliably is because of the alpha n correct? So in theory switching over to the LD9 stuff should give us an easier way to tune (due to speed density) and also would help us make a little more power while having a more reliable/stable tune? I just kind of skimmed through that thread and thats the general idea I got form it. The extra power dosnt matter to me as much as having a more stable/reliable tune.

Dave

If you are talking about boosted engines (more specifically turbocharged), then yes, speed density is far superior to alpha-n. However, there are special conditions when a reliable map signal is hard to achieve, and so an alpha-n tune is more desirable. A couple of these cases would be controlling the idle of high duration cams with a large overlap, or controlling an engine running ITBs.

In general though,
Speed Density > Alpha-N

I have no signiture
Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:15 AM
Interesting I still have a lot to learn in the whole tuning area and how to go about it properly. So since I am going to end up with just a simple M62 setup I should be fine with sticking with what I have as opposed to switching over to LD9 stuff.

Dave

Sunday, December 04, 2011 1:34 PM
I wouldn't spend the time swapping if I were doing a positive displacement supercharger like the mp62. There is a closer correlation to throttle position and VE with a supercharger than there is with a turbocharger.

I have no signiture
Sunday, December 04, 2011 4:10 PM
Which way to go... Hmmm...

Monday, December 05, 2011 10:19 AM
Go right, its easier becuase you only have to look one way instead of two.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 5:30 AM
iGTP wrote:Go right, its easier becuase you only have to look one way instead of two.

I dont get it.

ok I do, but just wanted to say that.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:36 PM
wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Monday, December 12, 2011 2:33 PM
Well, I am going to start a meet going soon. I have spoke to the other owners and, as Cheesecake brought up last night to me on the phone, they are okay with having a sort of Shop Meet with Dyno pulls. This isnt in stone just yet, but it would be around $75 for 3 pulls on our dyno, with printouts of the runs ETC. We, as a shop, would provide food and drinks and such, all you gotta do is bring your car, some cash, and lets strap it down to the dyno and have some fun!! But, this might not be only a J meet. Im thinking of posting this globally in all the forums and see what the interest is going to be. In order for this to happen tho, I would need to guarantee at the min of 10 people. We might be able to move on price a little bit, but im not sure what more we can come down too, but again this is just the interest area. If I can guarantee a min of 10 people to do this, then we can figure it out farther into detail. I know we were thinking along these lines: 10=$75 for 3 full out pulls, 15+=$60 for 3 full out pulls, 20+ $50 for 3 full out pulls. If we do get this going tho, I would need a $25.00 non refundable deposit which can be paid to me thru paypal to hold the spot, so we dont go and set everything up, and then 9 of the 10 people back out. Basically this would be a guarantee for the people who pays the $25 to be there, and they can just cover the rest (depending on how many people we have guarantee would depend on price) when the pulls are over. We are dead serious about this, and it would help a little bit with the shop right now and get our name out. If this is something anyone here would be interested in, just post up and say so. Were thinking this might be around mid January early February. So, lets here if this might work!!! Free food, plus dyno pulls, plus car guys always make good nights!

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:43 PM
This sounds like it would be pretty fun, except the dyno will only remind me more of the slowness/lack of power of my car lol. But my friend should be getting his gen coupe back soon so if you want I can have him post some info up on his forums since Im sure him and some of his buddies might be interested. He seems to have a decent amount of gen guys in the chicago area.

Dave

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search