Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 43 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Monday, December 12, 2011 8:57 PM
I think it's a great idea. Mike, I know I have mentioned about your shop to people here and there through work and that. Hell, I spotted one guy towing a fox body Mustang when I was heading on I-90 at the O'Hare oasis to ASE testing and he mention on getting a motor setup and reffered him to your shop. So I know I've been trying to help as much as possible.

I look forward to seeing this dyno-meet go through. It would be nice to see what power my stockish setup has.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:28 AM
Mike, i know you said this may not be just a jbody meet. Is that a for sure thing? My plans of buying another j were put on hold but i did grab a trailblazer and was looking to get it on the dyno to see whats actually at the wheels as well a tune. Does your guy have any expirience with using HPT on an inline 6? Its the 4.2 vortec.

Thanks duder..
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:08 PM
Hey that is fine Dave. It does not need to be 100% jbody. The more the merrier, and the lower the cost goes for the dyno. Feel free to post up, and send them my email, Mikezayed02@gmail.com, and I can answer any and all questions posed to me.

Mack, Hey we appreciate it alot. Times are a little tough right now, and were doing pretty much what we can. But any/all help is always good.

Green, Thats fine, bring it. Remember I need a 10 person min with the deposits to get this in stone. Our tuner knows HPT really well, and knows tuning almost any car. I am confident in saying tuning your truck wont be a issue. BUT, these dyno pulls are for the pulls themselfs. Not tuning at all. Tuning after this will need to be determined since if were doing a dyno day, tuning cars just wont be fathomable.

So tell all your friends, from J's to Gen's. It doesnt matter. I am hoping to see more J's do this then anything, but at least some will be better then none. If this becomes something people will like, I will post this up in a new thread.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:49 AM
Im all for it, it'd be good to baseline the Civic before I start changing the set-up around. What shop do you work for Mike?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:25 PM
iGTP wrote:Im all for it, it'd be good to baseline the Civic before I start changing the set-up around. What shop do you work for Mike?

Bring it!! And I dont work for the shop, lol, I am part owner. But its all good tho , and the name of the shop is Benchmark Tuning in Franklin Park.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:40 PM
Gonna be tough to get a lot of cars in the middle of winter... I know most cars wont be out til its nice.

As for tuning.... Ryan is going to make a Chicago trip this spring for mine and quite a few other cars in the area...

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:40 PM
hopefully i can change out the timing belt on the volvo so i can throw it on the rollers. I can post this on the volvo forums and other forums once you get it setup

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:29 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Gonna be tough to get a lot of cars in the middle of winter... I know most cars wont be out til its nice.

As for tuning.... Ryan is going to make a Chicago trip this spring for mine and quite a few other cars in the area...

Thats true. But its worth a shot. But eitherway, I figure I will throw it out there and go from there.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:50 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Gonna be tough to get a lot of cars in the middle of winter... I know most cars wont be out til its nice.

Vince, were you refering to Ryan tuning just jbody's or was that directed to me in regards to tuning the trailblazer?
Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:54 AM
Thar was toward j bodies

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:26 AM
It was thrown out there for junnbst and me...

WOOHOO!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:27 AM

Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:47 AM
and mike if he wants one of the best J body tuners to take a stab at it. I know others tune cars but if you want the absolute best, he will be coming to chicago in the spring.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:39 AM
I hear ya, and I'm not going to get into a "my tuner is better" match. I'm going to have our guy tune my car bc I know he knows what he is doing. He has been the first to do a lot of things in the tuning world so I feel he can tune a J without a problem, hell he did not too long ago. And the customer called back and was estattic about how the car now runs. But by all means if u want your guy to tune it, go for it. I'm not going to think any less of anyone for going to someone they feel is more superior then the next. Its all a matter of opionion (sp?). And I'm also not here to sell tunes. I was mearly posting up to see if some people would want to do some dyno runs, for pretty cheap, and make a day of it, get some food and just have a great time. That was it, no more no less. If they wanted to talk to our tuner about tuning then that's their call. I'm not pushing it. Do I joke about it, sure do. Do I feel our tuner is one of the best, sure do. Am I knocking ur guy in anyway? Nope. So if anyone wants to continue about tuning, go ahead, I am just trying to setup a shop meet with some dyno pulls and some fun.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:45 AM
My tuner can beat up your tuner...

Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:04 AM
Lol nice one Travis haha

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:33 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:My tuner can beat up your tuner...

well my tuner tunes faster cars then your tuner.....shazzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam beat that

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:49 PM

Do you happen to know when in spring Vince? Planning on having a M62 on my car by the start of April.

Dave

Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:11 PM
David nothin is set in stone yet as far as dates go. Let me know when you meet up with rare5spd for the blower if you guys want a hand I'll be more than willing to help with install.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:26 PM
Im hoping as early in the year as we can get with the warm weather. He has quite a few cars to do and I know im going to be ready for him.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:17 PM
So what's the deal with said dyno day?

Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:51 PM
Darkstars wrote:So what's the deal with said dyno day?

Well, its in attempt to plan mode right now. I wanna see if i can get enough people. I wanna get at least 10 cars to start. Anything after that will help bring price down. The only thing that would be needed is once we get 10 cars, we set a date, and said owners give a deposit so they dont back out. We have a Mustang Dyno and are willing to open our doors to run the dyno. We usually charge a bit more to run the dyno and even then you only get 2 pulls. Im trying to do this at 75 for three pulls with print outs. We might even drop the price a little more . As I said, this is all a feeler. It dont matter if you have a J or a 900 AWHP FWD car, any and all cars are welcome. That pretty much the jist of it

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:38 PM
I know I should have a guy or two from work that may tag along. I had informed them with the preliminary info so far. One may or may not have a certain sedan by then, but we'll see.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:42 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Im trying to do this at 75 for three pulls with print outs.

thats what most places charge now a days...

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:51 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:Im trying to do this at 75 for three pulls with print outs.

thats what most places charge now a days...

Interesting, since the two shops in a relatively close vicinity to us charge 125+ for 2-3 pulls on their dyno's. Again, this is just a "lets see some interest" and its obvious that your not interested. Again, to gauge the interest for this. We can more then likely lower the price, but we need to see that there will be a want to do it.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 10:04 AM
Slow your roll Mikey...

He's not trying to bust your balls. Besides both his and my cars wont make it.
I would however like to come check out the shop and have a meet. Watch some cars get on the dyno, and stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:24 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search