Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 44 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:30 AM
JUCNBST wrote:David nothin is set in stone yet as far as dates go. Let me know when you meet up with rare5spd for the blower if you guys want a hand I'll be more than willing to help with install.

Will do Jeff, also probably will be in the market for one of your LS1 adaptors come summer.

Dave

Monday, December 19, 2011 8:25 PM
From reading what you guys are thinking, it may be best if we do this some time in April, weather will be better and pretty much the end of winter. Dont have to worry about having a dyno covered in snow, But again its something worth thinking and getting people to get up for the meet. no matter if you have 100hp car to 1000hp car.

As far is tuning goes, we are not going to get into a pissing match with anyone. Our numbers and happy customers prove our ability, granted I think and know, we tune cars better then half the tuners out there. Gets proved time and time again... But anyways, Guys lets get this boat in motion. we have plenty of parking out front of our building and the side.
This would be a meet for j-bodys and a few other cars that would like to join. Could be a sat or Sunday meet, as mikey stated depending on how meany people we have coming for the dyno pulls the price will very.. The more the better for you guys, we have the best dyno fan around. (capable of 100+mph winds) for true wind speed while driving, fan is only set to 40-60 depending on car. Should be a fun time. Burn outs are welcome!

Ted@Benchmarktuning
Monday, December 19, 2011 8:38 PM
Ted thanks for joining our little forum.

You'll find us Jbody guys don't plan suit too far in advance...

Either way guys we need to get a winter meet together than if this isn't going down til April.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:48 AM
Im with Travis.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:27 PM
Ted K wrote:From reading what you guys are thinking, it may be best if we do this some time in April, weather will be better and pretty much the end of winter. Dont have to worry about having a dyno covered in snow, But again its something worth thinking and getting people to get up for the meet. no matter if you have 100hp car to 1000hp car.

As far is tuning goes, we are not going to get into a pissing match with anyone. Our numbers and happy customers prove our ability, granted I think and know, we tune cars better then half the tuners out there. Gets proved time and time again... But anyways, Guys lets get this boat in motion. we have plenty of parking out front of our building and the side.
This would be a meet for j-bodys and a few other cars that would like to join. Could be a sat or Sunday meet, as mikey stated depending on how meany people we have coming for the dyno pulls the price will very.. The more the better for you guys, we have the best dyno fan around. (capable of 100+mph winds) for true wind speed while driving, fan is only set to 40-60 depending on car. Should be a fun time. Burn outs are welcome!

Thanks Ted, I could have not said it any better myself.

Btw guys, Ted is a long time good friend of mine and buisness partner. If anything, we can figure something out. Maybe still have the meet here at the shop, and if some guys wanna try there cars on the dyno we may be able to work something out. So what you guys think. Maybe mid January? If anything its a bunch of car guys hanging out bs'in about cars. Still promises to be a good time. So, lets hear it, what you guys wanna do. And if anything we can all pitch in and order a Pizza, or go down to Little Ceasers if you wish.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:57 PM
Mike when spring comes around and we get ryan up here for tuning we'll need a place to dyno tune the cars. Once we get to that point maybe all of us could work something out.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:10 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Mike when spring comes around and we get ryan up here for tuning we'll need a place to dyno tune the cars. Once we get to that point maybe all of us could work something out.

Yeah thats fine. Im sure we can work something out for some dyno time and such.

Im just talking about the winter meet everyone wants to do. Unless someone has a house that we can meet at, and chill back, have some beers/sodas (for the under 21 crowd ) and just have a good time. Hell I would even be willing to bring my 360 and we can all play and just have a fun meet. Idc where we have it. My shop or not, just thowing some ideas out there Turst me, im not mad at anyone about anything. I just wanna try and get this meet going lol

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:06 PM
I might be down for something after new years. I'd suggest keeping an eye on groupon if anyone has it. You can get 4 races at melrose gran prix indoor karting for $25. Thats what my old lady got me for christmas this year.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:26 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Mike when spring comes around and we get ryan up here for tuning we'll need a place to dyno tune the cars. Once we get to that point maybe all of us could work something out.

Just an FYI, I plan on doing mine in Plainfield at Performance Autowerks. Not sure how far away that is from you. Thats where I have my baseline dyno #'s was 3 pulls for $75 with printouts. Not to mention a few of my friends sell parts and work at their shop so thats my plan and place to go. No issues getting mine on the dyno. Its a mustang dyno as well, and I just want to keep using the same dyno since if I use the same one I can tell my increases regardless of the mods.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:30 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

Just an FYI, I plan on doing mine in Plainfield at Performance Autowerks. Not sure how far away that is from you. Thats where I have my baseline dyno #'s was 3 pulls for $75 with printouts. Not to mention a few of my friends sell parts and work at their shop so thats my plan and place to go. No issues getting mine on the dyno. Its a mustang dyno as well, and I just want to keep using the same dyno since if I use the same one I can tell my increases regardless of the mods.

Thats cool. I cant blame you for wanting to go back to where your baseline numbers are at. Not a issue at all.

As far as the meeting goes. If you guys really wanna do MP GP, we can set a date, and I have some passes to get us to ride for free So lets do this!!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:41 PM
I don't care what we do, let's just meet up.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:01 PM
I could care less where I dyno because I'm going blower to turbo....so everything is different from the last time.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:50 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I could care less where I dyno because I'm going blower to turbo....so everything is different from the last time.

true for you. but in my case, best way to see the improvements is to keep using the same and load it with the same parameters.

how far is this from you?
12425 Rhea Dr # A, Plainfield, IL

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:15 PM
Vince thats not that far away. I had a friend who worked there before getting a job with Downers Grove public works

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:29 AM
Werks... That's about 35 mins for me...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:51 PM
So, how does Jan 21st sound for everyone??? If we agree on it, then it can be the date, then just gotta figure out where to meet at.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:04 PM
21st works for me since it's a saturday.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 3:10 PM
21st should work for me as well.

Dave

Thursday, December 22, 2011 4:22 PM
Let's have it somewhere cheap, like every portillos has a private room they have for no charge.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:59 PM
There's a dyno in plainfield? I grew up in the Shorewood area and never knew this.

I have no signiture
Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:01 PM
Performance Autowerks.

12425 Rhea Dr # A, Plainfield, IL

Friday, December 23, 2011 8:14 AM
^^ Should we start another thread on who's getting tuned by Ryan or what?

I'd like to pin point a time frame on when everyone will be ready for him. Seeing as your car, my car, and jucnbst's car isn't even built yet.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:44 PM
mines going to be as simple as pull the head, put it back on I hope So I dont want to get a tentative date. No matter what I have to get him up here. Thats a no brainer... I figure Ill wait til I atleast get the head either shipped out or put on before I get too antsy.

Sunday, December 25, 2011 2:47 PM
Merry Christmas @!#$s

Sunday, December 25, 2011 5:50 PM
I head back to school the 17th so I wont be able to make the 21st meet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search