Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 56 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Monday, July 22, 2013 12:55 PM
Craig Fugman wrote:More pics will be posted soon on my Car Domain page very soon... once I find the time to sift through all the pics to find some good ones.

Sycamore is hosting their once a year car show. Its a really good event... and big too! If ya stop by you'll know which cav is mine/probably the only cav there!

Hey Craig! I no longer own a J-Body, but I used to have a Sunfire that I would enter in shows around the area (I'm in Sandwich) and it was always the only Cavalier/Sunfire, so I know how you feel . Now I have a Vibe and those are even more rare at shows, especially around here. When is the Sycamore show? I may consider bringing the Vibe up there for the heck of it. Also, have you heard of and/or been to the Morris Cruise Night? It's a huge cruise night that usually draws 600+ vehicles. If you haven't, you may want to check it out some time. It's the second Saturday of every month June through October.

I'm curious to know what you have done to your Cavalier. You mentioned your Car Domain page, do you have a link for it?

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:49 PM
Hey!
The Sycamore show is this weekend 7/27 and 7/28. Saturday is the cruise/show and Sunday is the big show. Lots of higher end $$$ floating around especially Sunday. Im just gona have to get used to being the small fry with a "new" car at these things. Anyway that's kinda how I found this forum. ..can't always be the weird one! And yeah, Vibe's are not the norm either. .. I guess we know how to pick em?

Anyway, I realized I forgot to add the link on my last post. It is still under construction though and I am not sure if there are any finished pictures yet. So you might just have to come to the show

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3817973/1996-chevrolet-cavalier/

Stop on by and say hi!

Buddy

(gotta figure out how to change my name on this site from Craig to Buddy...lol)

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." -Henry Ford

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:46 AM
Hmmm... I doubt I'll make it with the Vibe, but I may run up there Saturday evening to check out the Cruise Night. I'll be sure and keep an eye out for the Cavalier .

As far as changing your username, click 'Control Panel' in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Than click 'Edit My Forum Options'. You will see a box that says 'Author'. Enter whatever name you want in that box and click 'Save My Settings'. Done!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:53 PM
I checked out your CarDomain page. I like what I see so far! I am more than likely going to take the Vibe up to Sycamore for the Cruise Night on Saturday. I hope to see you and the Cav there !

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:43 AM
As for the date on the meet, how does the 25th sound for everyone. I understand that at least one can't make it, but I need to know for sure on the date so I can get it off.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Friday, July 26, 2013 1:16 PM
August 25th sounds good to me.
Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:16 PM
25th is good for me also!

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right." -Henry Ford

Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:12 PM
Im good for the 25th ill be there and my car should be fixed by then
Monday, August 19, 2013 9:54 PM
Okay guys, just as a reminder, the meet is this coming Sunday the 25th at our usual location at Busse Woods in Schaumberg. I would say the time would be like last time around 2 to 3ish. See you guys there.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:46 PM
Ill be there. Im excited
Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:18 AM
Okay, the 25th it is. Im going to try and make it. I finally have my parts car (05 Cavalier Ls) and I really want to start the work to finish my other J or at least get the motor in. I cant promise ill be there, but im sure as hell going to try. Its going to depend on what time I get done saturday. Im hoping I can at least get the engine and tranny into the car before sunday. If I do, then ill head out. I have to replace the head/timing chain on the good motor, pull the engine and trans from the parts car, mate the trans and motor, and then install it into the car. Im hoping if I start it early enough saturday I can knock it out. I should have the engine rebuilt by friday night. Then I can start the pull on the other car. Its a ton of work, but I have to get it done. Anyone not doing anything saturday and wanna swing out and lend a hand?? LOL. Im going to be doing this in Chicago by my folks house. I have beer But ill try to make it. Ill keep everyone posted.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:32 AM
Oh, and I forgot to add. The 05 cavalier, I will be parting out, but for a very short time. If you guys need something that im not going to use let me know. The engine/trans/harness/pcm are mine. The rest is up for grabs. Ill even sell the rest of the car to you to strip even more. I have a title for the car. It is a 4 door, power windows/locks/mirrors. Its blue. Let me know!!!

Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:48 AM
I don't think I'll make this one. But I would really look even more out of place anyway, lol. The torque converter in my Blazer is just about shot, so I had to buy something more reliable since the whole drivetrain in the Chevy needs to be rebuilt/replaced - ended up buying a 2003 F-350 Super Duty, crew-cab, long-bed 4x4 "Got Boost?" I can finally say "Yes, I do!" haha
Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:12 AM
Hey Mike,

I could use the remote wire harness.

Thanks,
John Askounis
Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:22 AM
Mike, I can use one or both headlight assemblies if they are in good shape.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:23 AM
john, what do you mean, could you be more specific.

mac, one light is cracked and the other is.ok, just faded. ill look at them tmo and let u know.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:26 AM
Okay, I need the passenger side more than the driver side.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:40 AM
I need the wire harness that runs from the BCU and the other mirror so I can have two power mirrors. The car came stock with manual.
Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:25 AM
Hey mack,

I have two headlight covers for 2003-2005.

John
Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:56 AM
John, I appreciate the offer, but I need the whole assembly for two reasons.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:01 AM
John, did you confirm that the wiring for power mirrors is not already in the doors? The reason I ask is that my old 2000 Cavalier LS had manual mirrors, but had the wiring in the doors for power mirrors. I never got around to converting, so I don't know what else it needed besides the mirrors, switch & probably fuse.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:51 PM
Yes, the wiring is not in the doors already. I have the mirrors I just need the wiring. Thanks,

John
Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:26 PM
I might be able to make it. My brother is moving back to school on the 25th and Im not sure if I am helping him move or not yet.

Dave

Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:15 PM
Hey Mac,

So Sorry, I meant to say I have the entire assemblies. I can bring them and you can choose.

John
Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:35 PM
Well this is a fine turn of events! I looks like it's going to be a long shot if I am going to be able to make it this Sunday. I blew a hole in my timing cover (who knows what else took a crap) and my steering u-joints snapped in half! Both totally random and par for the course for my car... (sigh).

Does anyone have timing cover for a 2.2L out of a '96 or similar? I have a feeling finding one is gonna be the hold up.

Thanks!

Buddy (aka, the new guy)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search