my project.. 2.4L TOHC - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my project.. 2.4L TOHC
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:53 PM
ok here is what i have done to this car so far and what is left..

i had to strip the motor and redo the rod bearings cause my sister ran it out of oil for i dont know how long then i traded her my 91 cavy for her 97 Z24 the one that i'm having to do all this damn work to.

before i started

pasanger fender

trunk

this will all be fixed by tomorrow i'm hoping. dont know how much it will cost but them pics are the ones that i took just acouple days ago. i'll have some new pics up here after there fixed but what i'm asking is if anyone in the area has what i'm looking for? i need a trunk with the Z24 spoiler and a passanger fender. the motor pic will be up tomorrow hopefully if i can get it all back together. my girl wanted under the hood all green so i took the 2.4L twin cam cover to my friends grage and he is painting it for her and i'm looking into getting her the lime green air filter and all that nice chit. but i'll let you all know how it goes.

tomorrow hopefully get to test drive it. pray for the car that it get's back together and i dont end up blowing it up cause it pissed me off when it dont start. " knock on wood " yeah i have never worked on a 2.4 so i'm just shooting the moon right know

Re: my project.. 2.4L TOHC
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:12 PM
TOHC

OMFG
LMFAO
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:18 PM
BBQ

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:38 AM
where are you located? i have a manta green trunk just sitting here if your interested. and i might have a stock corner light for too (not sure what side i still have).

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 8:02 AM
correction good sir. the official scientific term is DOHC. But for some reason GM decided to say "twin cam" like there is a difference.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 1:11 PM
thx for the correction spotabee.
boltz22 i'm in independence, mo. little bit of a drive.
well i'm off work so i'm going to go see what i can get done to this car. oh and spotabee when will the next heartland meet be ? is it the secont saturday of each month ?

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 9:23 PM
yeah right. why dont you just tell the truth spotabee. lol. you know that you have taken a few of em out. oh the motor is almost finished. all i have left is the wiring, water line for the head, trany bolts, starter, timing chain " using old case for now " and timing chain cover. started to clean up the motor some what so it looks shinny and chit but other than that there wont be no mods on it till i can get some spending cash witch will probley be never with all the damn chit they take out of my check. but it looks like it will be tested either tomorrow or friday. oh and abe are you still coming up friday if you are free ??? if so let me know and i'll send you directions. l8r all...

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:55 AM
bornpro wrote:yeah right. why dont you just tell the truth spotabee. lol. you know that you have taken a few of em out. oh the motor is almost finished. all i have left is the wiring, water line for the head, trany bolts, starter, timing chain " using old case for now " and timing chain cover. started to clean up the motor some what so it looks shinny and chit but other than that there wont be no mods on it till i can get some spending cash witch will probley be never with all the damn chit they take out of my check. but it looks like it will be tested either tomorrow or friday. oh and abe are you still coming up friday if you are free ??? if so let me know and i'll send you directions. l8r all...

taken a few of what out? i'll let you know on friday, it just depends on my mowing schedule and how wet it is.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:46 PM
well ppl i'm having a bad problem right know i got the car back together but now it turnned over about 6-7 times and then it stoped all together. the starter is kicking in but the motor dont want to go with it it's like it's stuck on something but it's not. or it might be and i just cant see it. maybe someone can give me some advice on what's going on. i can turn the fly wheel backwords 1 complete turn but when i turn the key on to start it it only goes to where it stoped at when i started turning it it's like something is in the way now i dont want to tear it all back down so i'm hoping that some one might be able to tell me what might be stoping it from turning over.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 1:48 PM
well dad is going out and buying a rebuilt engine for me today cause when i went to start it last night i found out what happened. my valves werent oiled right and it pushed one of my valves down to far and the piston broke it off so i'm just going to rebuild it l8r when i get some money till then i'm just going to use the new one that i'm getting so maybe i'll have it up and going tonight..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search