tuning in easter iowa/western illinois - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tuning in easter iowa/western illinois
Saturday, October 09, 2010 12:13 PM
anybody do it? i have nothing that needs tuning at the moment, but i'm hoping to get a nice parts pile over the winter and a big install next spring. so i'll need someone that can tune the car for me as i have no interest in learning to tune.

Re: tuning in easter iowa/western illinois
Saturday, October 09, 2010 2:40 PM
I've tried finding someone too but no luck.

Saturday, October 09, 2010 4:21 PM
come over here to sioux falls, sd. there is a shop that does great dyno tuning with HPT.

Underdog Racing
Saturday, October 09, 2010 10:18 PM
the problem with traveling distances is getting the car there with parts installed that require tuning before driving it. do i just install them in the parking lot of the shop? lol (btw that wasn't meant to be sarcastic)

Sunday, October 10, 2010 8:50 AM
z yaaaa wrote:come over here to sioux falls, sd. there is a shop that does great dyno tuning with HPT.

What do they charge

Sunday, October 10, 2010 4:51 PM
i think like $300 if you dont have hpt... i could be wrong. i know its at least around there.

Underdog Racing
Friday, November 19, 2010 5:09 PM
just a head's up there's a local shop in rock island illinois that i called about tuning, and they said they do hp tuning. the place is called revhard. so take that for what it's worth, just throwing it out there.

Friday, November 19, 2010 5:56 PM
revhard sucks.... they blow @!#$ up big time all the time. they sponsor cordova's midnight mayhem, and they guy sucks at racing too.

best bet is to drive to STL to have ryan tune it. either work with him to make you a safety tune, then drive it down or something...

Friday, November 19, 2010 6:41 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:revhard sucks.... they blow @!#$ up big time all the time. they sponsor cordova's midnight mayhem, and they guy sucks at racing too.

best bet is to drive to STL to have ryan tune it. either work with him to make you a safety tune, then drive it down or something...

hmmm, thanks for the info vincent.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:12 PM
Ryan will be coming in this winter to tune my car. If you guys are serious we may be able to work it all in one day.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:23 PM
i have no need at the moment. and stl is only bout a 4 hour drive for me. i'll probly just make the trip when need be.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:38 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:best bet is to drive to STL to have ryan tune it. either work with him to make you a safety tune, then drive it down or something...

I'll agree with Vince if you want it done right the first time have Ryan do it. There are plenty of posts where shops that HPT have a hard time with the Jbodies.

As Vetguy mentioned Ryan will be coming out to tune his car ( my old red...now turbo ohv ) so if anyone is interested we could possibly set something up with multiple cars. Vetguy works at D&M Corvette in downers grove, IL and they have an in house dyno, we also have access to Deans Performance dyno where Ryan tuned my car. If we had a few people with interest it would be slightly cheaper for everyone as far as getting Ryan out here and Dyno time as well....so post up and if need be we could start and list and get Ryan in here so we can work out the details.

OH forgot to mention, Vetguy and Myself are located in the Western Chicago suburbs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:39 PM

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:43 PM
JUCNBST wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:best bet is to drive to STL to have ryan tune it. either work with him to make you a safety tune, then drive it down or something...

I'll agree with Vince if you want it done right the first time have Ryan do it. There are plenty of posts where shops that HPT have a hard time with the Jbodies.

As Vetguy mentioned Ryan will be coming out to tune his car ( my old red...now turbo ohv ) so if anyone is interested we could possibly set something up with multiple cars. Vetguy works at D&M Corvette in downers grove, IL and they have an in house dyno, we also have access to Deans Performance dyno where Ryan tuned my car. If we had a few people with interest it would be slightly cheaper for everyone as far as getting Ryan out here and Dyno time as well....so post up and if need be we could start and list and get Ryan in here so we can work out the details.

OH forgot to mention, Vetguy and Myself are located in the Western Chicago suburbs.
This is definitly ideal. Just need Jeff or Ron to pick my ass up at the train station again! Good times!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:56 PM
This time around we are going to have to hit up the Tilted Kilt or something afterward and get some drinks.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:20 PM
If you guys are going to do this, let me know so I can get the year book passed around like a 2 dollar hooker on half of tuesdays Plus ill be up for the trip to downers grove or wherever. And maybe I can talk to this guy Ryan and see how much it will be to get my car tuned when I need it

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:16 PM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:This is definitly ideal. Just need Jeff or Ron to pick my ass up at the train station again! Good times!

psh chopped liver here? lol is tuning in winter a good idea? just tossing it out there, but is it worth it? with the temps and air.... just a suggestion.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:27 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:This is definitly ideal. Just need Jeff or Ron to pick my ass up at the train station again! Good times!

psh chopped liver here? lol is tuning in winter a good idea? just tossing it out there, but is it worth it? with the temps and air.... just a suggestion.
While the cooler temps/air can play a role, the fact that these would be done inside on a dyno and not on the street with the less extreme conditions will not make this a flop. Besides VInce, do you think that nobody builds engines and tunes during the winter months.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:12 AM
I just knew you liked to street tune as much as you could to save time then to the dyno.

Hey my motor was installed in the winter but you didn't tune it til it was decently warm out. I am already excited for what's to come

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:13 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:I just knew you liked to street tune as much as you could to save time then to the dyno.

This is true... Mostly to help cut down time on the dyno(cost mostly). If our PCMs didn't take 3+ minutes to flash everytime you made an adjustment, I would do it all on the dyno.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:41 AM
Yeah I hear ya on that. But that timer on hpt is the only timer I know that is dead on and counts down correctly and doesn't jump.

Let me know when it all goes down and I'll see if I'm off work

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:52 AM
I think I'll wait 'til spring, not going to have it done 'til spring.

Deans performance is in St. Charles, my home town. So let me know when you guys are around.

I'd like to watch

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:35 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:I think I'll wait 'til spring, not going to have it done 'til spring.

Deans performance is in St. Charles, my home town. So let me know when you guys are around.

I'd like to watch
They are a pleasure to work with!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:29 AM
do other shops get pissy if you are brought in to tune instead of them?

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Thursday, November 25, 2010 4:03 PM
z yaaaa wrote:do other shops get pissy if you are brought in to tune instead of them?
I usually don't run into that, but it has been know to happen. Dean Performance was just really awesome to work with though. Very Stellar shop and people!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, November 25, 2010 5:50 PM
i wish my wallet was as big as my desire to take this car where i want it to be......

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search