My new lookalike intake (stock) - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My new lookalike intake (stock)
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:26 PM
This is kinda step by step by pic's i missed some pics but i think you guys can fill in the blanks

ON this pic i took and cut off the top of the stock lower intake so it would fit in the stock air box I also did this that way that way i didn't have to get a piece of pip and try to find the right size, it was getting dark and this was the best problem solver

ON this pic you can see the little medal thing that come off the stock lower intake piece all i did was pull it off
IT was ziped tied in place for time being due to no garage and it started to get dark out so i have to come up with somthing to get it running quick. Will be replaced asap with a medal stap of some kind

Re: My new lookalike intake (stock)
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:03 PM
WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW. /

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:31 PM
My brother just pulled apart a new scooby that had one of these wheelwell intakes. The guy sucked up some water from normal driving, apparently it rusted the cylinderwalls and shot the bearings. careful with that
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:44 PM
*Submitted to ThereIFixedit....

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:45 PM
ummmm Zip-ties anyone lol

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:56 PM
bradley s wrote:My brother just pulled apart a new scooby that had one of these wheelwell intakes. The guy sucked up some water from normal driving, apparently it rusted the cylinderwalls and shot the bearings. careful with that

plan to put a cover on the filter to reflect water it is colsed up except for the fog light whole

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 7:06 PM
justin stockdall wrote:
bradley s wrote:My brother just pulled apart a new scooby that had one of these wheelwell intakes. The guy sucked up some water from normal driving, apparently it rusted the cylinderwalls and shot the bearings. careful with that

plan to put a cover on the filter to reflect water it is colsed up except for the fog light whole

Most cars take in air from the wheel well anyway. The problem is when the pickup tube is completely submerged in water. It takes alot of stupid to do that.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 7:29 PM
....ok so you did a $5 ghetto rig to put a ebay filter in your wheel well, and are proud of it. why you felt the need to post this is beyond me. but props for trying to do a quik fix

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 7:35 PM
My mount isn't as rigged as that, but I've been pulling air from the fender with a CAI for 2 years now with no problems. Like stated above, you need to submerge the filter to really pull in enough water to damage the engine.

Remember, one of the by products of combustion is water.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 7:46 PM
No it's not.... the water is a byproduct of the catalysts in the converter..... heat and pressure are byproducts of combustion.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:02 PM
My bad, I'm not thinking right tonight, haha

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:30 PM
It's ok. Just grab a beer, sit back, and forget the stupid moment... even if forgetting means an entire 30 pack

Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:24 AM
I like the sleeperishness of it. I want to open that hole up to the fender well in my vert. I wont hook up a cone filer though Im running a K&N stock sized filter.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:24 PM
The Boost Creep (ECOsleeper) wrote:....ok so you did a $5 ghetto rig to put a ebay filter in your wheel well, and are proud of it. why you felt the need to post this is beyond me. but props for trying to do a quik fix

i never said i was proud of it just showing how it was functionable the was i used the space. Unlike people on here i was trying to show what i did was my J and to just show people what other ideas are out there. The prob with this forum is that either you have to make really big power to be noticed or you have to be a (know it all) to not be givin @!#$ on this forum. I don't know it all and i am not a big power maker nor do i care if anybody here knows me i was just giving ideas in pics.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:25 PM
You did something hacked and sloppy and ghetto, that didn't add an ounce of power or functionality to your car. That has nothing to do with needing to be a know it all or building big power.... You do stupid @!#$, you do stupid @!#$. That's all there is to it.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:27 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:You did something hacked and sloppy and ghetto, that didn't add an ounce of power or functionality to your car. That has nothing to do with needing to be a know it all or building big power.... You do stupid @!#$, you do stupid @!#$. That's all there is to it.

This is why the j site and crowd is @!#$ there is no helpful thought to sway someone into bettering them self but only criticism its people like you that give this site a bad rep why don't you grow up and either not post on something you don't like or why don't you post up something that is thoughtful or helpful to someone else

Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:34 PM
I've seen this done on 9th gen Corollas, but they tuck the filter in the fender well under the battery. It'd be a little less likely to damage anything that way.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:09 PM
justin stockdall wrote:functionable

bahahahahaha

Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:43 PM
justin stockdall wrote:This is why the j site and crowd is @!#$ there is no helpful thought to sway someone into bettering them self but only criticism its people like you that give this site a bad rep why don't you grow up and either not post on something you don't like or why don't you post up something that is thoughtful or helpful to someone else

Eh kinda gotta disagree with you on that one, the org has been really helpful to me. Three things to help you prevent thinking j people are @!#$

1. Dont act like you know everything. People are far more willing to help you
2. Search before you ask questions, and ask smart questions.
3. People will be far more helpful to you if you show a willingness to learn. Heck were all on the same forum about the same platform we should help each other and criticize where needed.
4. Also when you type learn to use punctuation were not gonna try to figure out your lack of second grade writing skills (read your quote)

Sure what you did is cool and you did it on your own which saved you some money. It definitely could have been done in a much cleaner way tho i.e. no zip tie hangers. Just my .02

Dave

Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:30 PM
Hey dave......ummmm, that's four tips not three lol.

The guy said it was getting late and needed to do something to get by untill he could mount it properly.
know I have done that a few times.... I.e. filling a diesel fuel filter with a lil atf. To get her started

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Friday, March 11, 2011 6:05 AM
Compression Ignition Whore wrote:Hey dave......ummmm, that's four tips not three lol.[/quote

Haha my bad, I originally had three but after reading what I had quoted of his agin I added that in there and just didnt change it above. Oh well thats besides the point though. As long as he cleans up his install at some point its all good. Im pretty sure we all have done something like that just temporarily.....

Dave

Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:19 AM

That didn't happen, it doesn't work that way.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search