Chitown - anyone got a spare ln2 engine? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chitown - anyone got a spare ln2 engine?
Sunday, April 22, 2012 5:31 PM
Hey everyone! I don't post much at all, but I could use some assistance. Does anyone have a spare GOOD 95-97 ln2 2.2L laying around? My sunfire desperately needs a new engine. The crank wobbles so much that it destroyed the starter. I replaced the starter today, but after hearing it run, I refuse to drive it with the noise it makes.

My sunfire is a 1996 2.2L auto 164k miles

I'd like to avoid getting a junkyard engine if possible. Heck, I'll even buy a whole parts car if its cheap enough! (thinking scrap value type prices) I really don't have a place for a parts car, so a pre-pulled engine is best.

Mileage doesn't matter all that much, as long as its a strong running engine that doesn't burn any oil.

Thanks in advanced!
-Jason

Re: Chitown - anyone got a spare ln2 engine?
Monday, April 23, 2012 12:46 PM
Try car-part.com. I know you don't want a yard engine but most places offer a short warentee on them and they are pre pulled. I got my junkyard 2200 a few years back for 350 all I did was bolt it in top the fluids and go...still runs great as well.

Monday, April 23, 2012 1:39 PM
^^^^i did the same as jucnbst with my 2200. the car had a great life after that till i traded it for my truck.

Monday, April 23, 2012 5:23 PM
Thanks guys. I'll give it some thought. I have a little bit of time to figure things out. I got my MX-3 to drive and my mom is driving my Cavi for now (no power steering though).

I guess what I truly need is just a new rotating assembly (don't want to take a chance with how long the crank has been wobbling. 80k+ miles, seriously)... I'll look into prices for reman'd stuff a bit more.
Friday, June 15, 2012 10:05 PM
weve got a super nice 80k miles 2.2L but its a 1998 one,
but if you swapped cylinder head or at least manifolds and all the other 97 older parts onto it then it would work in the 97 older car

the car was missing title and rear glass busted out so we parted cut it up and scrapped it after yanking all the goodies including the engine and trans etc

we are between springfield and peoria, right on I-55

can call paul mid morning time til around noon or 1 daily 217 732 9204

will work out a good fair price for it

-96 cavalier 2.2 auto 143k miles
Monday, June 18, 2012 8:45 PM
That's a little ways to travel for an ln2. And I don't really want to swap stuff over from the 2.2 to a 2200 engine to make it work. It must be a 95-97 for that reason.
Thanks though!

I'm also looking for a 4spd trans to go with it. Overdrive went out on the trans as well. The noise stopped, so the car is being driven again, but I'd rather replace the stuff sooner rather than later.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:24 PM
not that hard just have to swap sensors and manifolds and all accessories its not that big a deal if you brought your dead engine i would swap the parts over real quick here

but good luck though

i tried..

-96 cavalier 2.2 auto 143k miles
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search