dealer modded car? - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dealer modded car?
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:46 AM

is this a dealers doing? or is it a first owner trade in dealy? let me know what you think or know. it had duels in the back too.

my guess is that it is a dealers doing cause I saw a similar one near were i live...although it was orange with some graphics...but the same exact kit w/ duel exhaust(with the exception of the wheels the orange one i saw had stock ls wheels).

Re: dealer modded car?
Monday, March 28, 2005 5:31 AM
dealers doing

Monday, March 28, 2005 7:46 AM
honestly ask the dealer

or look and see if the car is new or is a trade in

if its new dealer did it

if it was traded in its possible the previous owner did it

Monday, March 28, 2005 9:15 AM
I'm thinking it's dealer-installed.. there was a blue one by me that had the same modifications.. they wanted like $25,000 for it lol

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Monday, March 28, 2005 10:41 AM
Peeps thought that mine was a dealer deal and it is not. I bought the car stock and put everything on. But whoever had that car above had some good taste.

Monday, March 28, 2005 10:58 AM
yeah, dealers seem to like the razzi kit...

Monday, March 28, 2005 6:37 PM
yeah i agree with the dealer comment...cause of the orange cavie ive seen before...but it has 14k miles on it and is being sold as a used car on the lot.... the only reason why i thought it might not be a dealy modded one is because of the rims, usually they just throw on the ls wheels. either way, im totally looking into this puppy though.

only disappointment to me is the duel exhaust...i would rather have single. it still looks pretty tight though. plus when i was wanting to shop, i wasnt looking for a really really nice looking one...i just wanted a near stock looking car that i would mod to kick ass... i was originally lookin for a 2002 z with low miles, then lookin to supercharge it, but my plans might have changed on this one.

thanks for the responses and by the way its far less than $25k
Monday, March 28, 2005 8:22 PM
i wanted to mod a cavailer at the dealship i work at but my boss said it cost to much. i was going to throw the rk sport duals, the K&N short ram air intake, a set of 17" and the bomex body kit. but because he is a tight wad he told me no.

Monday, March 28, 2005 9:49 PM
RAKSJ04: did your boss tell you how much it would have cost to do all that to it? or i guess maybe you might even know, for a dealer to put what you said on it and fit it and install it all?

Just curious...
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:50 AM
I've seen some of the smaller dealers in my area having more and more modded cars but never a bigger dealer like that...but i doubt the dealer did it. Probably a trade in

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:52 AM
is that car sittin in the Chevy Dealership by Target in Fondy, because if so 2morrow I might hafta take a trip up there and check that baby out

if it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:56 PM
ay the boucher dealer by me thay had a car like that but the duel exhaust wasnt a true duel one of the pipes was a dummy and only went like 2 feet under the car and was cut off.....that was a dealer doing it came from the factory like that...

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:49 PM
about 4,000 with all the labor, he set a limit at about 2,000. rims alone cost about 1,000. well to be honest like 680 our cost. i kinda didn't want to do it at first because i wanted to do it to mine. and it was one the plain jane cavy. i don't know how much he was going to mark it up. i spend a good day and an half on it and got yell at. becasue i was wasting time. and the reason all the dealers like the razzi kit..... low cost in labor in other words CHEAP. it is just a kit that is taped/glued to your OE bumpers. the number 1 thing that most deal ships do is to have the highest profit.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:05 PM
nope its not in fondulac...

I sort of concluded that it was a stock coupe cause of the emblem on the back...no ls, no colored handles, and no power windows....i dont know though. it was just a guess, i might go check it out thursday, but its a good hour and a half drive.

RAKSJ04: are you sure that kit is glued on? im pretty sure those are whole bumbers and skirts...not just glued onto the old bumpers. you could be right about the duels though...i dont care for it, the only problem would be taking the second off and plugging the notch that is cut out in the rear bumper.... have any good ideas on how to make that look good? probably not.

If i go check it out ill take some pictures of it and ill ask all the questions and let you guys know.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:29 PM
if u look closely u can see the edge of the kit, on the razzi, and the rear bumper still says, CHEVROLET, I don't think that GM would let an aftermarket company do that.
I love my duels, with the tips i wanted it would have looked stupid with a single

Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:37 AM
you make a good point with the chevrolet comment on the back bumper...

does that glue hold good? is the razzi kit still aright if you looked at it in like 10 years...? would it still be holding good with the glue/tape @!#$ they use?

if you have any info on it let me know. the car looks nice, but if that kit will eventually peal off sooner or later, im going to trash the whole idea...

thanks for the info!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search