GLD time - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GLD time
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:40 PM
Hey guys I dont post a whole lot on here anymore. But I will be headed down to GLD with the new ride on sunday. Not to sure if Im gonna race or not yet. But Im sure I will end up running my car a few times . Not to sure what its gonna run...

03' MazdaSpeed Protege #659 of 1750

Re: GLD time
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:52 PM
johnny what's up?

i'm not gonna be able to go on sunday, but i'm actually going to be there on wed (apr 6th), i'm so excited

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 4:24 PM
i wanna go with cody can i go can i go pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeee

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 5:31 PM
I will be there, but it will be the end of May until I am ready to race.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:50 PM
Yea Im sure I will be there alot, unfortunatly, Maybe I'll have to stop down on wednesday and actually race. But I gotta see what this new Front Mount , downpipe and exhaust will gain me... ""SHOULD"" be healthy 14's. But Im not saying anything. Although I can beat my friends Tiburon who ran consecutive 14.6s

I think I just set myself up for a let down though

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:47 PM
well, me and my buddy (buttstain i mean mustang driver) will be there on wed when they open at 6

anyone that wants to go, even eli, i welcome them... it's always fun to have more people

i hear ya though on the letdown, i don't talk about that anymore, i just go and see lol

hope to see some guys there on wed though

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:51 PM
what time sunday, and just so i am on the same page, Great Lakes Dragaway, in Union Grove, WI. i don't know if i will make it. i am going to the Rochester meet saturday

Thursday, March 31, 2005 2:43 PM
i imght show up on sunday with the TA find out how much better it runs with all the mods i did last time i ran it it was bone stock and i only ran a best of 13.7

Thursday, March 31, 2005 5:02 PM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:well, me and my buddy (buttstain i mean mustang driver) will be there on wed when they open at 6

Yea I heard a few mustang guys are going downthere on wednesday.

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:50 AM
johnnyb wrote:Hey guys I dont post a whole lot on here anymore. But I will be headed down to GLD with the new ride on sunday. Not to sure if Im gonna race or not yet. But Im sure I will end up running my car a few times . Not to sure what its gonna run...

did you run at all? times?? i got a ride in my friends mazdaspeed protege and they're surprisingly quick. j/w what kinda 1/4 mile times they run.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
Monday, April 04, 2005 10:46 AM
Well I didnt run too great. But there not drag queens. With my spare tire. stereo system and tools . I pulled of a 15.2 at 92mph with a poor 2.37 60ft. That was also the first time ever trying to launch that car. Launching a turbocharged car is a little different.. But I am also running stock boost (7psi) Im planning a trip down later this month where im gonna go for some good times. (strip the car) I know it will beat my friends car who ran 14.6s from a roll . So we'll see what the future holds.

But I also witnessed STI's running high 15's and SVT Cobras running mid 14's WTF??!

Monday, April 04, 2005 11:26 AM
wow, not that much better than the cavy eh lol my friends was running 10psi, and he had some other mods, but the thing pulled insanely hard even with 5 ppl riding along.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
Monday, April 04, 2005 3:53 PM
oh but its so much faster than my cavalier. .. hahaha

Monday, April 04, 2005 8:24 PM
man, i can't wait to hand you your ass in that mazduh

you comin out this wed??

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:16 PM
keep us updated.

up where i live now i seen a car like yours, with a c/f hood and some exhuast work done/ hanging kind of low.

chances are i wont run into it with my cav, but if the chance does come up i will have some fun for sure.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:56 AM
Hahaha .. I might have to come out now... ... I'll race you from a roll .

No seriously though.. We will have to set something up for the future.

I'll have to take some more pics of my car...I have a new sexy exhaust/ downpipe. and a shiny Frount mount

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:15 PM
Weeksends at GLD are buts to nuts!

You're much better off going on a weeknight....not to mention the temps are cooler and the humidity is generally lower. I've ran most of my bests at night.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:21 PM
Lash wrote:Weeksends at GLD are buts to nuts!

You're much better off going on a weeknight....not to mention the temps are cooler and the humidity is generally lower. I've ran most of my bests at night.

this is exactly why i go on weeknights, and i usually run my best times on nights right around sunset

although i might have to come out on a weekend just to show off my upcoming nitrous project

johnny, we'll see about the rolling start.... i'm not sure if the track officials would go for that lol

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:07 PM
keep us updated, i will probably never be down that way anytime soon . But i would love to go from a roll, 5 psi and alot of bolt on mods isnt as slow as most would think.

but until then i will just have to keep a eye out for the mazdaspeed thing speeding around my area and have at it.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:17 PM
so cody what did u run tonight

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:35 PM
rained out.... BOOO!!!!ONE!!111

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search