Frist time at GLD - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Frist time at GLD
Sunday, May 22, 2005 8:45 PM
well today was the 1st time ever to run down the grove. and i though i sucked, my best time was 15.965 secs. with cold air and exhuast and a 5 speed. the only thing that i was proud of was my .079 r/t . my avg time was around 16.5 to 16.2. the only number that kept popping up was the 86 mph at the end. i had an avg r/t of .2. plus it didn't help that i mainly ran with the mod 10 sec muscle cars. any pointer with be helpful.

Re: Frist time at GLD
Sunday, May 22, 2005 9:26 PM
oh and goes anybody know where i can get stronger half shafts?, didn't brake anything , yet

Monday, May 23, 2005 8:39 AM
if you break axles with intake and exhaust... wow

pointers? keep practicing

Monday, May 23, 2005 3:26 PM
start taking out some excess weight.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, May 23, 2005 8:07 PM
Those are pretty good times for your first time at the track, don't beleive the magazines the cars are generally tested in perfect conditions, based on your times I'm assuming you have an ecotec. What was you 1/8 mile time? in my honda I was running 10's in the eighth and 16's in the quarter(strong head wind and not enought power) I talked to some old drag race guys I know and they asked where I shift at I said at around 5800 rpm a little bit past peak power, they said that was good for first to second but when it comes time to shifting into third let it go almost to the rev limiter due to the difference in gearing. I have'nt been back to the track to try this yet but maybe it'll work for you as well.
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:20 AM
this is my best ticket, i am 809

i think it is my lanch that i am having trouble with. i rev it to 3500 i think i get wheel hop ,
2500 i think i bog down i didn't remenber. what rpm are u guys launching at ??

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 1:51 PM
Nice 1/8 trap speed lol. Thats GLD for ya.

Practice your launch. If you can cut a 2.2 60' youll be around 15.6.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:57 PM
really thanks i was ttold that they have a import night race thing on sunday i think i will go to there site and double check

Quote:

Nice 1/8 trap speed lol. Thats GLD for ya.

yeah i hit the brakes before the finish. lol

Thursday, May 26, 2005 3:36 PM
oh one tip i can give you is dont dump it. Hold it around 3k and slip the clutch till you get rolling to avoid wheel hop. then you also wont feel like your gonna snap an axel. when slipping it is when i get my best times. Dumpin it just bogs the motor down and you actully go slower. Hope this helps

My Sig Was To Big
Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:46 PM
thanks i will try it

Friday, May 27, 2005 1:25 PM
Wheres gld? not familiar with the initials

Friday, May 27, 2005 3:02 PM
gld = great lakes dragway

it's out in union grove, wi (out by milwaukee)

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search