Finally made it to the track! (1/4 Mile Times) - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally made it to the track! (1/4 Mile Times)
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:35 PM
Well first of all i made it to the track and got 3 runs in before I broke ANOTHER drive axel. At BIR tonight here was my best two slips. I could not get any traction in 1st and had major wheel hop which lead to my axel breaking.

60' ---- 2.299
1/8 ---- 9.845
MPH ---- 71.90
1000 ---- 12.787
1/4 ---- 15.277
MPH ---- 89.81

60' ---- 2.270
1/8 ---- 9.824
MPH ---- 71.34
1000 ---- 12.781
1/4 ---- 15.279
MPH ---- 88.90

I know if I coulda got traction in 1st I would be in the 14's but I always gotta break somthing haha. Later

Re: Finally made it to the track! (1/4 Mile Times)
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:47 PM
yea BIR this yr hasnt been the best for traction kinda sucks

hopefully ill make down to BIR the next time on the 29th with my new torque converter in

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 11:08 PM
we've never snapped an axle yet........ track must be really sticky.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 11:24 PM
im sure your right
its late and im tired lol

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:08 PM
man im really upset i was up at the track. and my BEST time was a 15.59. its annoying the crap at of me... oh i got a 02 2.4l. rk intake rk 4-2-1, full exhaust, mounts , short shifter. I ran the car 7x, i think im a pretty decent driver. its a 5 spd. any ideas? street cavi. nice times .

http://members.cardomain.com/drewz24
Dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians.
Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:54 PM
Brian (speedracerz), ok i got it home from BIR today and took a look at it ... the teeth on the shaft inside the inner boot where stripped out. I have a feeling this is not going to be my only problem because now that I have that Limited slip in that I got from you, shouldnt the passenger side axel still move me when on the ground?

Friday, June 03, 2005 11:12 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:we've never snapped an axle yet........ track must be really sticky.....

you might not have snapped an axel yet, but I've still never seen anyone break their tranny on the line besides you guys!!!! ha ha ha Get ur arses out to GLD!!! I'll be out there Wednesday night if anyone wants to join me! lol
~Heather

****new sig coming soon!!!**** (hopefully)lol
"I'm the girl your mother warned you about" te he he
Sunday, June 05, 2005 10:28 AM
Sounds like a bad run of axles............. any noise coming from your tranny.............. did the axle brake coming off the line? or in the water box? Did u have real bad wheel hoop? You said another axle, was it the same side as last time? did you notice if the lsd was working on your first 2 runs? Did u by any chance brake both axles? I have never had any problems with my axles........ Munched 6 trannys though, but no axles.....

Dugan
'98 Z24 15.0 1/4 all motor
Team GREEN
Member of <a href="http://www.wisconsin-js.com"> Wisc_Jbodies</a>
Sunday, June 05, 2005 11:48 AM
Dugan wrote:Sounds like a bad run of axles............. any noise coming from your tranny.............. did the axle brake coming off the line? or in the water box? Did u have real bad wheel hoop? You said another axle, was it the same side as last time? did you notice if the lsd was working on your first 2 runs? Did u by any chance brake both axles? I have never had any problems with my axles........ Munched 6 trannys though, but no axles.....

Ok i had a friend take a look at it and It IS in the tranny .. the axels are fine. Im pretty sure the LSD was workin ... now if i spin one side driveaxel the other one stays still .. and when i take the clutch out they both spin off the ground but once there is pressure niether one will spin.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 11:50 AM
And yea my wheel hop was horrible .. i have never had it that bad when I am on the street or anything .. im guessing its because i was racing on 18's? .. they are just as light as the stock 16's but because of the low profile tire is causes more hop?

Sunday, June 05, 2005 1:20 PM
Sounds like a diff..... When u get wheel hoop..... let off. i found that out the hard way.

Dugan
'98 Z24 15.0 1/4 all motor
Team GREEN
Member of <a href="http://www.wisconsin-js.com"> Wisc_Jbodies</a>

Sunday, June 05, 2005 1:23 PM
does sound like the diff grenaded....... we had that happen in 2 of Dugan's trannies...... w/o and w/ the lsd installed. Both times, there was some horrible wheel hop. We've since upgraded to a Getrag in his car, and a fully welded diff in our Isuzu trans in the drag car.

We've been thinking of cryotreating the Impulse diff gears....... and trying them, if we ever need a non-welded diff again.

Let me know once you have the trans opened up....... and post pics

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search