Dang Cops! - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dang Cops!
Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:27 PM
Hey, anyone else having this problem,

I used to get away with racing around all night and not get pulled over, now I'm getting pulled over for just going to get some smokes when I'm not screwing off. I'm getting pulled over twice a week for my exuast. So far ive only gotten a written warning, but it's only a matter of time.

I was pulled over last night for exessive acceleration, what the !@#$. I was only at half throttle. At least the cop let me go. I got a ticket for doing 35 in a 30 (said I was foing 40) in faribault, now Owatonna isn't getting much better. Is there a "war on street racing" thing going on or something.

By the way, I kinda feel like an ass for bashing on Cory....I didn't mean to come of like a dick. I know whats it's like to put so much into a car and have something happen to it.(I lost my Tiburon that way) If he needs any help getting that thing road worthy again let me know.

Re: Dang Cops!
Monday, June 20, 2005 10:26 AM
put in a resonator on exhaust dont drive like a kid who just got their license, the more stuff you do the more of a target, my car sticks out a little more on the street than others, so i draw attention, sure thats what im trying to do for 99% of the population, its the 1% of the cops I dont care for, so i do as little as possible to make them pull me over.

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 9:18 AM
i don't think that exessive acceleration should be a law, unless they have a posted rate of acceleration and away of measuring it from a cop car. i mean they could say that you are accelerating too fast when you pass grandma from a stop light. it is a judgement call. see what happens when cops get bored. we must stop police borem. when i was like 12 the cops pulled me over and gave me a written warning for riding my bicycle on the sidewalk. i had a panic attack every time i rode near town for about 3 years

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 8:05 PM
I know a kid in my class who got pulled over, and was given a ticket for blowing a stop sign with his bike.

Thursday, June 23, 2005 7:33 AM
heres the thing son they have things like display of power, and speed in excess of fixed limits. they are gray laws and statues that put you at the mercy of the cop. and to try and fight it in court is hard, the court is going to back the cops always have always will unless you have solid evidence for them not too

M.I.L.F. HUNTER Its quarter past 12:00 know where your mom is................................I do
Thursday, June 23, 2005 8:07 AM
take things such as time ( later at night = less traffic)
if you have better tires that are rated for higher speeds = more traction = safer to accel faster
I am not 100% sure when they flip on their video camera, but if you really wanted to get into it you could have them play that if there was nobody else out there.

Friday, June 24, 2005 8:31 AM
don't drive like an idiot, and they won't feel th eneed to pull you over.

comin' fro ma guy thats had 9 speeding tickets, a racing on the highway, excessive show of force (from a cavy), and failure to yield....

drive slow. let the cops know you like to do up your car, but know how to drive around responsible adults, and they'll let ya go.

I'm tellin' Uncle Ben!! You stole his RICE!!

"premiere cavalier" coming soon to a street near you!!
Monday, June 27, 2005 8:15 AM
The funny thing was, I took off at the same speed as traffic ahead of me, and they wheren't getting on it either, I think the cop might have been looking for something besides what he was telling me. (smell of alchohol or something) I've just noticed that it suddenly got a lot eisier to get pulled over lately. By the way, I'm not sure what your tire referance has to do with anything but I have H rated tires which I think are rated up to 130mph safely. I'm not sure though.

Monday, June 27, 2005 9:01 AM
Stickier tires = more traction = less chance of losing control while accelerating. They look for certain things in people to pull over, why not its pretty clear to spot a kitted car with exhaust, it sux for sure tho.

Monday, June 27, 2005 9:50 AM
I've got Cooper Lifeliners on it.....Sticky as crap. Even when I try to peel out on purpose, the car just hooks up and takes off right away (unless its raining). I didn't even come close to spinning when I got pulled over. I was pretty much just driving like a grandma. I was mainly wondering if there starting to pull over other guys from around here more often, and if there deliberatly singnaling us out. Even when whe haven't even come close to breaking the law. Last week the cops where sitting on H14 outide wal-mart and they where pulling cars over...Every time it was a car that looked modified. The last one I saw was a Civic with a body kit, and the ususals..He was sitting there forever and you could tell the cop was asking him things about his car, and harassing him. (I was sitting back and watching because I was afraid to drive by them again until they left.)
I finally got tired of waiting and they eye raped me as I drove by.

Also recentaly on a weekend, I was sitting in a parking lot with some people I know wich all have fast cars and actually race other people in town regularly (there almost all faster than me). We where in 24hour parking so we wheren't loitering and all the cars where off without stereos going, and we all where standing outside our cars. Suddenly 2 cop cars pulled up and started asking us what we where doing and looking at our cars for things to screw with us about. I told him that I was legally parked on public property and I'm just standing there, so unless he wan't to get me for J-walking or something I'm not answering any of his questions, they started getting pissed so we all booked. They couldn't follow all of us so we just tore out of there and met up somewhere else just to have the same thing happen about an hour later. No-one got fined but the cops where total asses. Oh - all of us looked stock.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search