IW4 - The Aftermath - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IW4 - The Aftermath
Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:06 AM
Fist time I was there...was pretty goo but I wasn't able to stay as long as I wanted. On the upside I saw a few very nice Cavs and one Sunfire (burgandy) that HAD to be a 2.2 OHV. Ran into Area 51, a Bronze turbo ECO, a red ECO with some large freakin rims, a black cavy with white rims (chick driven), a White Z24 with powder-coated red rims that was sitting in the show area initially and then moving to the track. The only person I talked to was Area 51 (Show'nGlow?), but that's cause he was cleaning the car so I knew it was his.

So on to that burgandy Sunfire...did anyone find/or know what they had done to it? Asking because he ran an 18 sec 1/4 on the only run I saw him make. That's all I got to see since I had to make it to Fond du Lac to get some parts.

*There were other Cavaliers there, but I honestlly didn't look at them as closely as I did the ones mentioned above.

Re: IW4 - The Aftermath
Sunday, July 31, 2005 7:24 AM
I'm guessing you saw this car...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&i=12777&t=12777

the black cav was probably quikchk

Dont know about the others though.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 9:12 AM
There were 9 cavies showing today. Kinda different for IW shows

Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:43 AM
thevilliagemon wrote:and one Sunfire (burgandy) that HAD to be a 2.2 OHV. quote]

had to be an auto 2.2ohv...i bealive it ran as low as 18.3 and i think it ran an 18.8..made me wish i woulda spent the extra cash and entered..i coulda took on the hans car..(the orange one) which was running low 13's , im pretty glad i let boltz22 talk me into going, he should be putting up some pics somtime

96 cavi'/WI j's
Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:35 AM
lol, the black cavy with white rims that was driven by a chick.....yea definately would be me, lol. I was racing all day and night. I was even approached to be a driven for GLH Intercooled!!! lol Next time come up and say something!!!!!
~Heather

****new sig coming soon!!!**** (hopefully)lol
"I'm the girl your mother warned you about" te he he
Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:47 AM
Quikchk wrote: I was even approached to be a driven for GLH Intercooled!!!
~Heather

Is that english? I would like to be happy for you but, I dont understand what you said

Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:52 AM
^ lol

I think you have to replace the 'N' in "driven" with an 'R' to understand it.

Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:57 AM
yea, sorry.....I'm blonde remember.

As far as the burgandy sunfire....his name is Brian. He has nothing but an intake and exhaust. He was running high 18s all night, but he is a little on the larger size so that might of had something to do with it.

Altho I guess I shouldn't really talk since my times weren't the greatest, not to mention all over the place. Word of advice.....don't put new tires on the morning before you're gonna go n race, not such a good idea. But overall, it was a blast.
~Heather

Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:01 PM
Quikchk wrote:Next time come up and say something!!!!!
~Heather

i would have said hello to ya. but when me and nik went and looked at your car in the pits you were no where to be found. the only time i actually saw you was when you were racing.

i did get pics of all the J's there and a video of the jet fueled dragster. I'll get pics up in a lil bit.

and Kelly (Area 51), YOU GOT ROBBED!!! award for best lightning should be yours.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, August 01, 2005 6:06 PM
I was by my car almost the entire time when it was in the pits, and if not I was in the pits somewhere....you couldn't miss me, lol....GMCI shirt and a girl, kinda hard to miss, lol. There's always next time....I'll be racing sweet 16 tho in a 12 sec omni! lol
~Heather

Monday, August 01, 2005 7:04 PM
BoltZ22 wrote:and Kelly (Area 51), YOU GOT ROBBED!!! award for best lightning should be yours.

I am glad that a GMCI member won 1st I knew Rich would beat me but, I got beat by a friend who is also into the glow thing. Eric won 2nd place, he and I knew going in we were competition for one another. He had me on the interior piece where his lights were dancing and changing to the music but, I had my complete interior lit, engine bay (his wasnt even open), wheel wells, and trunk. Not to mention two color underbodies.

When its all said and done the judges chose what they liked and I cant argue with that. I am happy for Aken but, at the same time a little bummed that all my work didnt pay off. This pic tells the story I thought would happen that night? The day show was for other cars nicer than mine but, I thought the night show would go differently. Both cars who won had strobes going and I think that got them more points. I'll simpy have to add more strobes to my setup and see what happens?

Monday, August 01, 2005 7:12 PM
yea and you turned off all your lighting during the awards. i went over and snapped a pic of sonic z's and was gonna do the same to yours but everything was off.

What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, August 01, 2005 11:54 PM
BoltZ22 wrote:yea and you turned off all your lighting during the awards. i went over and snapped a pic of sonic z's and was gonna do the same to yours but everything was off.

I'm local here dude. anytime you want to take pics of it just let me know. I'm easy to get a hold of these days since I am not working yet.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 5:18 AM
why sutch slow times? you guys really need to get brian, dan, jake , and dugan back.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:28 PM
Jake was there running all day. I dont remember any of his times but each time I looked down the track that little furrry orange tail was crossing the line first. He had to have done well that day?

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:35 PM
AREA 51 wrote:Jake was there running all day. I dont remember any of his times but each time I looked down the track that little furrry orange tail was crossing the line first. He had to have done well that day?

i believe he broke into the 11s.

SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:29 PM
CLICK HERE FOR PICS

SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:35 PM
i was amazed to see that burgendy sunfire run like high 18's with that left headlight removed.I am glad he got all that cold air rushing around the radiator support and past the battery. I seen that guy going in the burn out box getting his stock steelie front rims/ street tires heated up for a few blistering runs. It had a nice exhuast set up and he really knew how to rev that engine and speed threw the staging lanes. i seen him race that awesome 4 dr saturn with the ooo so almost close painted to match body kit with the steelie rims. that was a race to get on tape..

i am the other jake., i was there but my cav wasnt.

but jake-kq4 did great with a 11.9. ryan(hypsy) i talked to a little ran 13.2 with the hahn turbo kit. it was nice to see them guys again and get out to the grove and check things out.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:48 PM
HAHA

The Silver J......Ridin' Clean....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search