August 15th... traveler from Canada comming down;) - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
August 15th... traveler from Canada comming down;)
Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:17 AM
i posted this in the NM meets thread, but i thought i should make my own thread just incase. I joined onto your MN j-bodies site... wow, talk about inactive... is there a better site for your guys? just wondering, if not i guess the org. will have to do. anywho, ya, i'll let my past post speak for itself.

HEY guys, howdy from Winnipeg, MB.
I'll be in your area and i started to think about mabey staying a few days longer to mabey go and meet some of you folk in August. I'll be down there August 11-14 for the racing, but might stay for a extra day or 2 for some small gatherings if some people are interested.

I was thinking if some people wanted to go for pizza and beer or wings and beer monday the 15th somewhere in some city, lol. tell you the truth, first time being in that part of the Country so i'll be a bit lost. I do have a 2 way radio, i can bring that, and i got my cell phone.

Sorry if i cut into your thread, but i'm not sure if you guys will want to meet up at all. My car's getting lowered in a week and if i get my new rear bumper she's be going into the body shop and eaxust shop before the trip... she'll be a thing to see forsure.

anywho, send me a e-mail or tell me here if your interested in getting together and in what city, lol. or if 1 person wahts to get a small gathering together, sweet... so if someone could give me a shout via e-mail, that would be sweet... rssdragon@hotmail.com, or add me to msn, either way, hope to hear from you guys soon, and mabey even meet some of you... wicked cars BTW, i wouldn't mind a photo group shot too.

Re: August 15th... traveler from Canada comming down;)
Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:23 AM
Thee Drunken Monkey (Rated Z) wrote:roger...i will be working that week but im sure a lot of the guys here could meet up with you and show u around and @!#$...

most of them have nothing better to do lol

if your gonna be here during one of the weekends i would be down for meeting thats for sure

i'll be there for that weekend, but don't want to travel to far from Brainerd cause i do have a place to stay for the weekend... (i should talk to them soon, i don't go on yahoo messanger anymore ) so i don't want to go out late on the weekend only cause as it is i'm staying with someone.

but if your not to far from Brainerd, ya, i could total go for a quick rip somewhere to meet up with or a few after the races if i have any energy or sitting in the sun and probley getting the biggest headach in my life (my first time seeing NHRA drag racing in person)

Re: August 15th... traveler from Canada comming do
Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:15 AM
^ ^ dont mind him... he posts alot AFTER he drinks... lol... we can meet up with you on the 14th AND 15th man... we owe some "j members" a trip up to the brainerd area anyway... so yeah, we can meet up and hang out when you get here... i'll add you to my msn and get your number and stuff when the time gets closer but for sure... we'll be there...

"the bagged one"

Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:11 AM
If I dont have my J back by then (i should) ill grab a ride with one of them
I dont think Im busy lol

JHound
I took a Grey Hound bus to the 2005 GMSC Bash

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/501000-501999/501209_5.jpg
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:18 PM
sounds wicked man, i think i'll leave back west then up to Calgary on the 16th in the morning, so i should be good to meet up with people on the 15th where ever. i'll even travel a few hours to come to you guys if it'll make things easyer. let me know, we have like what, 3 weeks? i'm super pumped to meet you guys, and i plan on taking a ton of pictures of your cars

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:15 PM
well since he is staying with us that weekend and if you all decide to come up this way then i will maybe check out what options we have for things to do here there are a few good places as far as dancing and bars, and theres a bowling alley to that is any age aloud and theresa bar there to and on sun nights its free bowling for 21 + so keep us informed if any of you will be planning on coming up this way

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:06 PM
04eco (roy) wrote:well since he is staying with us that weekend and if you all decide to come up this way then i will maybe check out what options we have for things to do here there are a few good places as far as dancing and bars, and theres a bowling alley to that is any age aloud and theresa bar there to and on sun nights its free bowling for 21 + so keep us informed if any of you will be planning on coming up this way

thanks man, wicked, i look forward to it. the count down has started should i let you take care of who's all going to be there and the activities for the night? i'm willing to spend 2 extra days if possible in your area and leave tuesday morning to start my treck toward calgary after that. I'm more than willing to camp somewhere in MN, just a thought. and if ppl want me to drive to them for monday, i'm cool with that, but the more ppl i can meet, the better.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:35 PM
as long as i know there will be people showing up i can take care of getting things to do and everyone is more then welcome to meet up at our place and hang out here

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:31 PM
Since Roger you are staying with us we wouldnt mind putting you up for the couple of extra days! Our place can serve as a get together spot i f you dont mind a 3 yr old and and my Japanese grandma speaking to you in broken english. She means no harm but if not it can be a focal point and we can make plans from there depending on what yall want to do !

Opinions are like ***holes everyone has one.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:55 PM
hey, thats wicked. ok so if you don't mind me staying untill the morning of the 16th, just incase people want to get together on the monday as well, then thats cool. here is the plans so far, and i've made a plan to stop and sleep 1/2 way from your place to Grand Forks BC to visit a Jspeed member for the night, then off to Calgary for the weekend of partying and stuff out there.
here is the map i made of where i'm going and what not.

now i do have some play on my trip east, does anyone know of any J-body guys/girls that live somewhere close to the green or yellow line? if not thats cool, i'm also going to ask on V6Z24.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:55 PM
ok, slight change in plans, i'm only comming to see you guys, not my big trip as posted above. so don't worry i'll still come and see all of you tho.

Monday, July 25, 2005 7:49 PM
for the people who are going to be meeting me when i come down here, i'll post some current pics of the bird so you all know what to look for.
and if your wondering, i just got the rims on Today.

I'll let the pictures do the talking

A friend of mine Sean droped me off at the shop, and i had to take a few pics of him as well.

Ok, now for what i got:
Konig Hurry BLK rims, 17X7
falken Rubber 215/45/17
KYB GR2 shock/struts all around
Eibach Pro Kit springs approx 1" drop

i'm really happy with it, all i need is an alignment and i'm set.

Monday, July 25, 2005 8:01 PM
very nice both of them what did you do with your old wheels just curious?

Monday, July 25, 2005 8:05 PM
04eco (roy) wrote:very nice both of them what did you do with your old wheels just curious?

at the moment, they're sitting at the shop waiting to be taken back to my house. I need to find someone with a Truck in a few days to bring them home, might sell them or use them in the winter IF i drive the car this winter, i might just drive my parents old car and park this thing.

Monday, July 25, 2005 8:18 PM
those are the 5 spokes in your sig right? if so, if you decide to get rid of them let me know

Sunday, August 07, 2005 12:50 PM
hey guys, well i'm really sorry but my car has come down on some really bad luck, she's over heating rather quickly, we've been thinking it's either the rad or a head gasket. but either way i need my car and i have to spend the money i've saved up for this trip to get my car fixed.

04eco (roy), if you are really interested in the rinms, i'll clean them all up for ya and take some pictures in a few days for you. and either meet you 1/2 way or i'll come down for a few days in a month or two once i get the car running right again.

but i'm sorry for anyone who took any time off work to come and see me, but no car = no work and i need money.
later guys, i'll try to come down on a camping trip in a while to meet you all.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search