need stereo help in millwaukee or surronding - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need stereo help in millwaukee or surronding
Thursday, September 22, 2005 12:38 AM
being new to wisconsin i have no idea where to go for stereo stuff.
i dont necessarily need to have it installed, but i am looking for a good place to get a system in milwaukee or even madison. anybody have any ideas or favorite place where i can get a good system?
even a good tint job would be nice. in oconomowoc i was quoted $211 out the door for a tint job. hell, in texas i could get the cheapest tint available for $99 on a 2 door. for $200 in texas i would get the most expensive tint available, a car wash and a t shirt. granted, window tinting is a big deal in texas. this guy couldnt even tell me what kind of tint he was using.

red 99 coupe.... no rust and it runs.

Re: need stereo help in millwaukee or surronding
Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:01 AM
what exactly are you looking for stereo wise? (items/brand)

there's a few places i've seen/heard in the milwaukee area. can't remember their names. there's one in madison too that someone in the north central forum has mentioned but i can't remember the name of that either. sorry for not being much help. i can't remember if your coming to the meet or not but there is a stereo place right on hwy 100 not far from the park that the meet is at.

when you say about getting tinted are you talking the whole car or just the back half. there's a place in fort atkinson (about 20-30 mins south of watertown) that does (or at least used to) do the back half for $150. otherwise there are alot of places out by milwaukee too.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:18 AM
if my boss will give me the weekend off i will be there for sure! i wont know untill friday at 5 pm though. talk about waiting last minute!
for stereo i just want something better than my stock tape deck. and of course i will want at least 2 10s and and amp to push them. i dont care if they are no name speakers and amp as long as they thump. back home my brother in law got 2 12s, an amp, a custom made box installed all for $500 out the door (i had never heard of the speaker or amp brand, but they rocked and have lasted him 4 yrs strong). he of course did pay $400 for his head unit. i am willing to spend about $1000 on a decent system, i have a friend that i hope will get her boyfriend to install the stuff for a good price.
as for window tinting i want to tint everything. its what i am used to - in texas it is a necessity to tint the windows. i have noticed not many people are into it up here. i could name all kinds of window tints and thier different characteristics.

hope to see you at the pic nik. though all i will have on my car are the rims i ordered.
everything else i have ordered wont be put on and painted till sometime next week or the next.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:54 AM
well you could just go to best buy and pick up some alpine stuff. there's a store out by delafield and wales (next town on the interstate past oconomowoc). thats what i'll probably be going to. two alpine 10" type s.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, September 22, 2005 2:05 AM
car tunes, american, best buy all them have alpine stuff. I found a good site on the internet that sells stuff cheaper then stores. [URL=www.onlinecarstereo.com]www.onlinecarstereo.com[/URL] try that out they have all the brands pretty cheap

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:31 PM
found a guy here in watertown that installs stereo equipment - he is a coworkers boyfriend. this guy is good and his prices are damn good. his car is a true testiment to what he can do. he has 5 tvs in his car and one of them is an 1 1/8 inch monitor placed in his dash where the blinkers go- he even has a screen in his steering wheel. i hope to have my stuff installed in 2 weeks after the paint job. i cant wait. i am getting 2 10s, a dvd head unit, screens put in each headrest, 6X9s in the door, and if i can afford more i will let him suprise me.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 11:36 AM
Their is an AMS in sun prarie and madison..i havnt been to the one in madison but the one in sun prarie carries some high end stuff (eclipse,MB,JL,boston,ect.)...theirs also this place in madison, i cant think of the name but if i think of it ill post it

96 cavi'/WI j's
Saturday, September 24, 2005 1:58 PM
try Kartunes...they got some decent stuff, and its nearby...

97 RS CAVY in production...
The best beginning is a cheap beginning, and work from there...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search