Racine Shooting - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Racine Shooting
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:30 AM
About this time, last week, there was a shooting involving a car break-in....... anyone see the news on this?

here are some of the articles.....

Being this is a car oriented site..... what are your thoughts on this?

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Re: Racine Shooting
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:13 AM
ok I haven't had my coffee yet but... it seems to me he did not not have to shoot. if all the bullets entered from behind them they were leaving and he was not in any immediate danger. doesn't sound like self defense to me. looks like he woke up and saw the guys messing with the car and made a decision to get his gun. whether it started out as a scare tactic, implied threat, or he intended to go out a shoot first and ask questions later, we may never know.

on the other hand... I have had my car stolen before, its one of the worst feelings in the world. i would have at least aimed low if at all since they were going away and called it in. I'm pretty sure discharging a firearm in city limits is frowned upon pretty much everywhere.

I guess you have add the the saying gun control is hitting your target...or the ability to mis on purpose.

to paraphrase one of my favorite sigs " this useless post brought to you by a coffee deprived 'er "

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:20 AM
Yeah...sounds to me like the hunting incident all over. That guys "self defence" claim was bull, and so is this guys.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:48 AM
I agree with Cinny. If he shot them in the back that means they were leaving. Here is what the dictionary says self defense is:

1. Defense of oneself when physically attacked: took a course in self-defense.

2. Defense of what belongs to oneself, as one's works or reputation.

3. The right to protect oneself against violence or threatened violence with whatever force or means are reasonably necessary.

This man wasn't being attacked, his car was. That doesn't mean he has the right to shoot the kids. I hope he goes away for a long time.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:15 PM
Thats also my view on this. Even though the young men were wrong in what they were doing, shooting them wasn't the answer. One of the things I didn't see in those links, a statement from the police report, was when the police showed up at the scene, White and 2 Females stated they never heard any gun shots..... but White was still standing outside w/o a shirt on just as the men said he was when he came out shooting.

I just wanted to see what your thoughts where, since my feelings might be a bit biased. 'Eric' and Richard Carbajal, and Phillip Jardina are all my Fiance's cousins (2nd cousins?, her father's Cousin's, sons.......)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:25 PM
reminds me of the movie American History X

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:14 PM
ya'll would be amazed at the number of people that have been protesting his arrest n trial n everything outside the courthouse downtown. It's incredible to see
~Heather

****new sig coming soon!!!**** (hopefully)lol
"I'm the girl your mother warned you about" te he he
Friday, January 27, 2006 5:52 PM
Jeeze, was Jess close to that cousin? Sorry if she was. The shouldn't have been @!#$ around with that dude's car though. I bet no one ever goes near that guys car again.

That definatly wasn't a death penalty worthy crime...

I could see shooting in the ground to scare them away...

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search