air-ride or air bags - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air-ride or air bags
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:31 PM
IM GONNA BUY AIR SUSPENSION BUT SHOULD I GO BAGS OR AIR RIDE???? ANY ONE SELLING ANY, OR KNOW ANY ONE WHO IS??? ANYONE WANT TO BUY MY OLD SUSPENSION? I GOT ALL STOCK, AND ADJUSTABLE COIL OVERS AND NOW IM RIDDING ON LIKE 2 INCH DROP SPRINGS I MADE MY SELF. I WANT TO LAY IT DOWN ALL THE WAY TO THE GROUND!!!!!!!! I'LL SELL ALL 3 SETS TOGHTER OR I'LL PART THEM IF YOU WANT

Re: air-ride or air bags
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:46 PM
So you're asking if anyone wants to buy your cut/heated stock springs? Do you want to hurt someone?

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:21 PM
^^

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Kid, id have a better chance of "righting the power" than surviving on your suspension.

dan

"I refuse to talk to my wife, as long as there is a TV in this house". Al Bundy
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:45 PM
yeah the cut are going, but im still trying to sell the coil overs and struts and the stock ones too. all toghter i have 12 struts, 4 that are load with coil overs, 4 with stock and 4 with the cut ones, it just extra @!#$ i got laying around! but how about some use full post like giving me some info on air ride, instead of being a dick and bashing my @!#$!!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:51 AM
www.AirBagSource.com - Good site

Also, do some searching in the suspension forum... You'll find some good info there.

And if you're looking for a used EasyStreet air strut kit, I have a buddy looking to sell his off his daily driver. Let me know.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:46 AM
do you have any aftermarket struts that you havn't ruined by putting bad springs on?

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:47 PM
DUSTIN JABLONSKI wrote:but how about some use full post like giving me some info on air ride, instead of being a dick and bashing my @!#$!!

deal as long as you stop trying to sell damaged parts and risk someones life.

What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:08 PM
i listed them as cut and every one knows the cut springs suck but people still do it any way. so if some one was thinking about cutting theirs, they could have my @!#$up ones instead of ruining there stock springs and regreating later ... it wasent like i was saying their cut and they are good there pretty much junk. i dont know about you but i rather goof around with cheap parts and still have the good ones laying around because that way when they relize cut springs make you ride like crap they could put stock ones back on. because if you tell some that they wont listen and cut them any way. this way they will only make a $20 mistake instead of having to go out and buy all new stuff. some people only learn by doing it and finding out for them self i know a buch of kids that cut their stuff cuz they wanted a cheap drop, even tho they were told not to they still did it. i did it cuz i had some extra laying around and i wanted to see how bad its was first hand, it was a fun way kill some beer and waste a nite. aint like i was trying to rip someone off i dont give a @!#$t about money, i got a great job and make plenty. oh yeah no one is going to die if they put cut springs on their car haha, that was just a dumbass coment. know quit wasting my time on this bull@!#$ if you dont want them, dont buy them aint no one making you. if i wanted to risk someone life i'll do it in person not buy sell parts that some one thinks are ( deadly )
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:10 PM
cut springs f up your suspension and if you driving at any decent speed on the road when it goes most likely your gonna go off the road. so yes they could kill someone. i dunno though, i guess i just have a conscience (sp?) and wouldn't be able to sleep at nite nowing that i just sold something to someone that in the end will harm them.

but to each their own.

and you seem to go off on the littlest things too. you really need to chill out some. getting all offensive due to my opinion.

SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:31 PM
im a little confused tho how do the cut springs go???? where do they go? how do they break maybe u know smoething i dont, do they just shoot off or what? i had them on for a while and i beat the piss out of them in all corners, breaking hard, ruff roads ect... never had a problem. you spoke freely and in return i did too, i didnt go over board i just said what was on my mind
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:33 PM
cannon fodder wrote:do you have any aftermarket struts that you havn't ruined by putting bad springs on?

yeah i got the whole stock set up, un touched

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:51 PM
jee wizz

this guy does exhaust, welding, hackjob suspensions and has apparently taken many keyboarding classes

you should start up your own performance shop with all those mad tyte skillz yo

or better yet, you should see about getting that caps lock key unstuck

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:56 PM
this thread isnt locked yet? somone please , explain that to me

Thursday, January 19, 2006 2:49 AM
I think that Bolt was just trying to mention that when metal (i.e. stock springs) is heated or torch cut and left to cool it becomes more brittle than once before and thus could lead to breaking

if it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER
Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:48 AM
Yes heating the metal makes them more brittle and danagerous. In class (Dunwoody auto collision) my teacher was just talking about this and how it makes them weaker. and not as (@!#$ cant think of the word) but flexable

JHound
I took a Grey Hound bus to the 2005 GMSC Bash

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/501000-501999/501209_5.jpg
Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:23 AM
^ Stiff??

Like APlus said, check out Suspension for air ride (click "Search" then type in 'air ride') and you'll find lots of stuff. For buying it, check Classifieds - Suspension. People are usually asking anywhere from $1300 to $1750 in there, depending on accessories (digital gauges, remote, etc).

Cheesecake torched his springs to make his car lower :rollseyes: It was real low, but rode like absolute crap. I never rode in it, but others have told me about the Bobblehead effect Oh yea, and the headaches afterwards.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 4:00 PM
YEAH, I KNOW ALL ABOUT CUT SPRINGS I KNOW THEY ARE WEAKER ALL IM TRYING TO SAY IS NO ONE IS GONNA @!#$ DIE FROM PUTTING THEM ON THEIR P.O.S. IF SOME ONE WANTS TO MAKE A BIG DEAL CUZ I PUT THEM ON A FOURM, THEN @!#$EM! I JUST WANT SOME INFO ON AIR RIDE!!! SO THANKS TO THE FEW WHO NEW SOMETHING AND TOLD ME WHERE TO LOOK. AND TO THE REST @!#$ OFF, I LOVE CAPS LOCK. WHY DO YOU SPEND YOUR TIME ON YOU CRAP ASS CAR INSTEAD WORRING ABOUT MY TYPING OR WELDING. AND FOR THE RECORD I NEVER HEATED THEM, THEY WERE CUT WITH A MASON SAW, WHICH PRETTY MUCH CUTS BRICK OR METAL UNDER WATER. IM GLAD THAT THIS TURNED INTO THE OFFICAL BITCH FOURM ALL I WANTED WAS @!#$ INFO ON AIR @!#$ RIDE!!!!!!!!@!#$
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:05 PM
jesus christ... what wtf happened to this website...

Dustin... you seem like a cool guy who's just trying to defend his point of view against the dumb s.o.b.'s that have nothing better to do than to spend their time bitching at someone over the internet... plus you have common sense wich as you can see is a RARE thing in this region... or seems to have become that way or SOMETHING... cuz from what i remember, this is a forum site you come to when you want help with something OR to offer advice on the subject... so i appologize for all the comments you've gotten out of shear stupidity on this subject.. it does nothing but make our region look worse... and the faster ppl realize that... the better it will get...

as far as your info on air ride..... i'm not really sure what it is you wanna know... "air bags" is just a "slang term" sort of thing for air ride... air ride is a general class of suspension... i think what your asking is if you should get the actual "bag" type of set up or the cylinder type...

I can probly only give you advice on the bag style set up... not really sure if cylinders are all that different but I have bags in mine... My set up is the Easy street 10 switch set up (all four bags)... In my opinion... there's no better way to go as far as ride quality... all the way up you've never experienced a bumpier ride in your life... even with the cut springs... lol... but anything a quarter of the way down and lower... is JUST like stock... and plus you get what your looking for is when you park it you can set that b|tch on its NUTZ wich is actually what i got it for too but i ended up liking EVERYTHING about it... plus you'll realize when and if you DO get them, you'll find your self learning EVERYTHING about them... the only PROBLEM with them is when you first get them installed... you have to work out all the little bugs and things that you might have missed when you installed them... they're kind of a maintence suspension... so if you dont mind messing with something every once in a while... its deffinately the way to go...

anyway... if you have any other questions about it.... just post it up in here and i'll tell you anything you need to know... i've learned pretty much everything there is to know about the easystreet set up wich is pretty close to most air ride set ups... and is also by the way the lowest setup they have for the J's... so feel free to ask whatever man...

hope all that helped...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:57 PM
Who cares, if a person buys his cut springs and dies there just as dumb as the seller...

1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT

Team Gates
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:21 PM
Nstig8r wrote:
so i appologize for all the comments you've gotten out of shear stupidity on this subject.. it does nothing but make our region look worse... and the faster ppl realize that... the better it will get...

Its not as dumb as GayBOM's website

dan

ps ... gayBOM = j-bom

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:37 PM
Quote:

who's just trying to defend his point of view against the dumb s.o.b.'s that have nothing better to do than to spend their time bitching at someone over the internet...

sorry taht i'm against him trying to sell damaged springs.

SO EVERYTHING!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:42 PM
BoltZ22 wrote:
sorry taht i'm against him trying to sell damaged springs.

SlowFire aka the slow one wrote:Who cares, if a person buys his cut springs and dies there just as dumb as the seller...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:43 PM
^^ i totally agree with what you are saying, except somebody might not have the same knowledge as the rest of us. One thing that he could do though, is tell the person buying them, the risks of using them, assuming that they dont know the risks. That is all

dan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search