Picked up a new project car! - Page 2 - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Picked up a new project car!
Friday, May 08, 2009 6:40 AM
only 12?.......that will last all of 75-120miles tops.....

Friday, May 08, 2009 6:55 AM
03supercharged wrote:I was messing around with the computer and came up with this as an idea for my cluster, what do you guys think?

Me < the gauges would be BLACK. I like it dark inside my rides tho

Life is to short 4 bulls#*$.
Willpower is no match 4 horsepower!
Friday, May 08, 2009 7:02 AM
03supercharged wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Have a little to learn of LSX blocks is see...

the LQ4\LM7 that you have now, better heads then the 241's of the LS6.... HOWEVER has a bad cam and intake for how you want to make power.

What trans are you putting behind the FLEXPLATE? GM has a really nice ECM that can control that with a 4L60/4L80/4L85E trans...

Chris

Sorry, I should have specified what motor I was running, those two motors are both 5.3's, not the 6.0 LQ4's. Im running the ported 241 heads to drop my compression to be more pump gas friendly with the turbo.

I do have a 6.0 LQ9 motor sitting in a buddies garage that will be getting built into a 408 though but I havent decided if I want the run a set ot ported 317 heads or switch and run the L92 heads with the edelbrock fuel injected intake with the elbow for the thottle body ( what do you think?)

As for a trans, I have a TH400 trans that is being built as we speak.

I wouldn't wast my time on the 5.3's go straight for the 6.0. My brother put one (5.3) in his S10, then went to 6.0 and wished he had never messed with the 5.3.

Life is to short 4 bulls#*$.
Willpower is no match 4 horsepower!
Friday, May 08, 2009 8:47 PM
JUCNBST wrote:only 12?.......that will last all of 75-120miles tops.....

That will be fine, if I were to go somewhere far, to lets say illinois, it will be on a trailer

Sunday, May 10, 2009 12:46 PM
Raptorws9 wrote:

I wouldn't wast my time on the 5.3's go straight for the 6.0. My brother put one (5.3) in his S10, then went to 6.0 and wished he had never messed with the 5.3.

Strange........

A 5.3 can do anything a 6.0 can...

Bet you think my GTO is lower then the "6.0"s too just because it has a 5.7 in it.

There is a nice book out there that goes over in good detail about the LSX Engines....

I got mine through GM.. but you can find it in book stores

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, April 01, 2010 10:31 PM
Hey guys, I had to put the car on hold for last year, now im starting to finally work on it, here is what i have done in the past couple weeks, still trying to decide if I should fabricate a dash or reuse the factory one.

Test fitted the seats

Friday, April 02, 2010 12:15 AM
Looking nice so far. I fiqured you would have had it done and racing by now LOL

So I take it this car is gunna be a trailer queen?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search