WTB 5 speed 2.2 tranny& components needed for swap. - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTB 5 speed 2.2 tranny& components needed for swap.
Monday, January 19, 2009 9:42 PM
Hello all! I am looking to buy the following parts for my 97 2.2 sunfire.

-5 speed manual tranny and all other parts needed for the auto to manual swap (ie shifter, slave, master ETC...)

-stock amber corners for 95-99 sunfire SE.

-set of 4 shocks/struts for lowering springs (ie koni reds or yellows, KYB AGX etc...)

-2.2 header, downpipe.

if anyone has these items, let me know. I'm trying to keep this car somewhat simple, it's just my DD, but the 3 speed is startin to slip, so I figured what the hell, why not mod it a bit while I have the chance to...

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member

Re: WTB 5 speed 2.2 tranny& components needed for swap.
Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:17 AM
i have stock cornors and i'd be willin to take the header off my sunfire to sell it. Might be awhile tho since its covered in 2 ft of snow lol. Pm me if your interested.
Thursday, January 22, 2009 10:02 PM
No more need for the stock corners, did some digging in the garage and found mine. How much for the header? does it come with downpipe? as for it being covered in snow, im not in a big hurry but I am interested.

Friday, January 23, 2009 5:52 AM
I got a trans, it's still in the car, but I might be able to pull it out. One downside, the seals for the cv shafts leak and I plan on replacing them. The trans has 135,000 miles on it, but treated well. What would you pay for it? Junk yards get between $400-$800 just so you know.

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Friday, January 23, 2009 10:45 PM
same mileage as my car has on it. what's it from? as stated above im gonna need everything to make the swap possible as well.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:44 AM
i'd take 70 for the header
Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:59 PM
will it come with the downpipe as well? also, is the price before shipping or included?

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:46 PM
Bump. Still looking for everything listed above minus the clear corners... Hell, I'm actually looking for just about anything you might have for a sunfire... anyone?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:49 AM
it'll come with the downpipe and all the bolts/springs/flanges. price is before shipping.
Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:06 PM
If you're serious about getting rid of it, I'd be happy to buy it from you. Also, I forgot to ask, Do you have pics of it? I assume you are talking about the pacesetter listed in your profile... are you parting the car out or just looking to get rid of the header?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:08 PM

Friday, February 06, 2009 4:22 PM
The trans would be coming out of a cav base, 01!

Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:16 PM
974drfire wrote:If you're serious about getting rid of it, I'd be happy to buy it from you. Also, I forgot to ask, Do you have pics of it? I assume you are talking about the pacesetter listed in your profile... are you parting the car out or just looking to get rid of the header?

Ryan: still wondering if you want to sell the header??

Mythod: how much for the trans?? good luck with that eco swap BTW

Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:49 PM
Thanks man, much appreciated. I'm trying to sell the motor/trans/ecm/wiring harness to a buddy of mine for $650, and I know that trans is $400-600 and any junkyard all day long! Let me think about it and get back to ya!

Friday, February 27, 2009 2:07 PM
Saturday, March 07, 2009 12:45 AM
I would probably take $300 without replacing the seals, $375 with new cv shaft seals....I would let the flywheel go for $75 after being ground, but the clutch is a stock replacement and has 50,000 miles on it, I'll check the condition when I get the car that far down. Will start tearing into it this weekend, Hit me back and let me know what you think!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search